Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I know it shouldn't but it really bugs me that Naomi, Rollins, Balor, Bryan and others all had to relinquish their titles when they couldn't defend it within thirty days... along comes Lesnar holding the title hostage again.
    Maybe Angle will demand he relinquish the title if he's not going to defend it.
    I did hear that Lesnar v Reigns will be next years WM main event for the title, but I also heard the plan was not to have Lesnar carry it the full year.

Thwacko likes this.
  2. jmobrien68

Appears that Renee Young and Dean Ambrose officially tied the knot

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

7'4 540lbs from Grenoble, Fr.

Instant Dharma likes this.
  4. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

Brock Lesner nuff said![​IMG] [​IMG]

5. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

700 lbs if you ask Hogan. And I believe him because I was at Mania 3 and saw him lift the "700 pound giant" for a slam, BROTHER!

6. jmobrien68

Are you the dude that started the petition to fire Braun Stroman after what he did to Reigns on RAW? LOL

MikeInFla likes this.
  7. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I went to the Nashville Predators vs St. Louis Blues game Sunday at Bridgestone Arena and watched them clinch their first ever trip to the Western Conference Finals in the loudest arena I have ever been in for any sporting event or concert. With the game tied 1-1 going into the 3rd period a song comes on the PA which I had never heard before. It was the perfect song to build even more momentum to an already rocking arena. After the Nashville Predators won the game 3-1 and the two teams were shaking hands the same song played again sending chills down my spine. I searched the internet for awhile looking for a song that repeats the word victorious and sounded like it could be by Queen. After several attempts failed, I finally found it! And I cannot believe where it comes from!
    What a great song!

Sammy Banderas and Stormrider77 like this.
  8. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

A bit of back story - "Glorious" was intended for Shinsuke Nakamura. He rejected it, winding up with an equally popular (if not more so) theme in the long run. When Roode came in to NXT, "Glorious" was just "sitting around", so he grabbed it and built his gimmick around it.

9. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

shame wee waited so long to bring in a lot of these guys. many of them had tryout matches a decade ago when they were less than 30

10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I have been involved in the business off and on for over 40 years. I have never seen anything like this. This womens match from Japan end with one woman fired, blacklisted and retired and the other so badly injured that after several surgeries she was forced to retire. I do not speak Japanese but I get the idea that these two had a real animosity for each other. The pre-match set up is worked but then the match starts and watch their eyes. Professionalism, wrestling, and taking care of each other went out the window immediately.
    From the Youtube description
    Act Yasukawa vs. Yoshiko - 2/22/2015
    Yasukawa gets bloodied & swollen & injured in a legit shoot. Actual fight starts at 6:49. Yoshiko retired as a result. Act Yasukawa tried a comeback but retired due to injuries suffered in this match. Version includes promo & angle from before the match. All goes to plan until the match starts. Then things get out of hand. Match needed to stop & restart several times. At times it looks more like mma than pro wrestling. Due to this incident, other wrestlers resigned from the promotion. Nobody knows the motivation for this. February 22nd, 2015 - World Championship Title Match Main Event

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. MikeInFla

Man that's crazy. No wrestling at all, surprising for a Japanese match. Has either of them spoken about it since?

12. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

WWE Hall of Famer Harley Race has broken both legs after a fall in his home in Troy, Mo. on Tuesday, WWE.com has learned.

Race sustained a fracture to his right femur and suffered breaks in his left fibula and tibia, as well as a spiral break of his left ankle. The WWE Hall of Famer required emergency surgery to relieve the swelling in both legs late Tuesday night. He subsequently received four blood transfusions and underwent surgery on Friday to reset the fractures.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

damn.

14. MikeInFla

Thwacko likes this.
  15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The RAW Superstars sing Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  17. j4yheindeo

j4yheindeo Forum Resident

Regarding this recent RAW Kurt Angle angle,
    will this person whom KA claims to love, whom he may "lose my family over"

(what, again? LOL - smartfan snark ... )

next week going to be ... I mean, is Kurt going to reveal that he is ... could it be "true" ? ? ? :wtf:

(Not that there's anything wrong with that ...)

:laughup:

18. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

[​IMG]

"I am in love ... with a sheep."

j4yheindeo likes this.
  19. jmobrien68

My guess is it's gonna be Dixie Carter

MikeInFla likes this.
  20. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That was the terrifying thought that crossed my mind as well...

21. j4yheindeo

Hmm ... interesting ... admit I was a little surprised to see that Vince used her testimonial to Kurt ... :shrug:

22. jmobrien68

Anybody else bummed that Joe is not likely to get a rematch with Brock for Summerslam? Maybe part of fatal four way, at best... which still kinda sucks.
    It was electric with Joe and Lesnar in that ring again last night... felt like the real deal... Reigns just stood off to the side like a pud.
    I don't think I can bear to watch the Joe/Reigns number one contender match next week... superman punch, spear and Joe is back down the ladder.

Maybe Vince was on vacation this week...
    Lots of blood on the GBOF PPV
    Matt & Jeff are starting to 'break' on camera
    Bray Wyatt goes over twice... Anderson & Gallows go over
    Lesnar is cursing on RAW
    Dixie Carter on the Network
    Major title change at a house show (Styles gets the US Title off Owens at MSG).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  23. j4yheindeo

"OB - SO - LETE !" :uhhuh:

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Kurt Angle finally confesses that he's the real Higher Power. :)

25. MikeInFla