Super Furry Animals

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vince, Dec 24, 2011.

1. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Still waiting on news regarding the Radiator reissue. They've been fairly quiet recently.

Scope J likes this.
  2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

How was the "deluxe" "Fuzzy Logic", by the way?

Scope J likes this.
  3. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

I was really happy with it. Vinyl sounded great. Tons of bonus material on the 2xCD. Very much looking forward to Radiator.

NightGoatToCairo likes this.
  4. vince

Thanks for the info...
    still have to put the trigger on the deluxe "Mwng", too!

5. Allchurch

Allchurch Forum Resident

Been on bit of an SFA listening spree recently.

Despite the band being inactive in the studio for a number of years, the various members have done a lot of stuff outside the band (a lot of it quite good too)

As well as Gruff and Cian's Solo albums, band members have been involved in the following :

Ffa Coffi Pawb (Gruff + Dafydd)
    U Thant (Guto+Huw)
    WWZZ (Cian)
    Neon Neon (Gruff)
    The Earth (Dafydd)
    The Peth (Dafydd + Guto)
    Widibi (Dafydd)
    Acid Casuals (Cian)
    Zefur Wolves (Cian)
    Gulp (Guto)
    Pale Blue Dots (Huw)

Guto and Dafydd were at various times in the early versions of Catatonia although I'm not sure if they played on their records.

Are there any others i've missed?

Scope J and NightGoatToCairo like this.
  6. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Daf played drums on the first Catatonia singles- I think it was everything they put out before Way Beyond Blue.

Allchurch likes this.
  7. PretzelLogic

20th Anniversary of Radiator is dropping on 28th July, complete with recently-found Smith cover ('The Boy With The Thorn In His Side')- 2CD and vinyl. Oh BOY!

Super Furry Animals: RADIATOR Deluxe Edition 2CD & Vinyl

Amazing Smiths cover here:

The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (Full Version)

8. vince

9. ashulman

ashulman Forum Resident

I saw this show in Vermont. Run Christian run was a highlight. Rings on vinyl please!

ad180 likes this.
  10. joey essex

joey essex Forum Resident

Super Furry Animals: RADIATOR Deluxe Edition 2CD & Vinyl

Purplefowler likes this.
  11. joey essex

You are missing Y Gwefrau:

Y Gwefrau-Miss America-Stid.flv - YouTube

That's Bunf/Huw on bass. He's on all the studio stuff. There's not tons of it, though. I think they either replaced or were the original iteration of Edrych Am Jiwlia, which he was also in.

Does anyone else feel like this reissue business is getting a bit out of hand considering the band keep acting like they've not broken up? I don't mind it in one sense because I love hearing rarities, but I also feel a bit used after waiting nine years for a new album and just seeing them continue to trot out old songs, tour old stuff, and not announce anything new. They've always been one of my favorite bands, and I remember at least one or two of them saying they'd rather quit than be a greatest hits band, but it looks like that's all they are anymore...

12. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I saw the Cleveland show. Amazing. I'd love for them to release a show from thus tour!

13. PretzelLogic

I guess the SFA touring pays for their side projects these days. Having seen them on the Fuzzy Logic/Radiator tour last year, it's hard to believe they're going through the motions; they genuinely seem like they're still enjoying playing together and playing the material.

That said, a new LP would be very welcome.

DrBeatle, NightGoatToCairo and vince like this.
  14. joey essex

Not sure if any are familiar with El Goodo, but they are friends of SFA's and I believe their last album featured Pete Fowler artwork + production by Cian. It came out eight years ago, so a new one is a welcome surprise. Cian has mixed the new one according to the video and this song is really good.

Yes, I do agree the touring and reissues are probably giving the guys a nice windfall while they work on their own projects. It's just a shame it's been nine years since their last album, an album that I think is excellent (I know many don't for some reason).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  15. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Can anyone shed light on the why US fans can't buy the cd or vinyl? I bought Fuzzy Logic from Pledge Music, but it appears as though there's a licensing issue with Radiator.

16. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Ok, looks like I can order from Amazon.co.uk, so I'll do that.

17. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

Does anyone know if the Radiator vinyl reissue will have a download for all the tracks on the CD?
    Info is scarce.

18. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

PSA: I just ordered the 2xCD and 2xLP Radiator reissues from amazon.co.uk and the total, including shipping to the US, came out to $42. Totes reasonable.

19. zakyfarms

Bump for my question, now that these are coming out.

20. zakyfarms

It appears the answer is: no download at all with the vinyl.

21. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I went to see these a few years ago at Brixton Academy as a last minute thing. I'd seen them some years before that supporting Manic Street Preachers but didn't pay a great deal of attention. At Brixton they blew my head off! Their own light and sound rig and everything. Completely brilliant live band.

vince likes this.
  22. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Anyone got the radiator vinyl reissue yet? Any reports on SQ? I recently picked up the reissue of Fuzzy Logic and was sceptical about how it would sound. It did surpass my expectations a little and sounded quite nice.

The Radiator reissue is well spread out on 2 LP's so could have nice dynamics potentially...

23. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Hopefully this week. I'll report back.

24. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Mine is on the way from the U.K. no0w.

25. PretzelLogic

Got mine on Friday. A cursory listen on even casual equipment was a joy. Very immediate and 'wide' sound whilst maintaining the original mix.

Given how well Mwng and Fuzzy Logic came out, it's no surprise this would be a delight, too.

Rekkerds, Preston and Jim B. like this.