Best London Record shop for collectible USED vinyl.

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by StevenC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur. Thread Starter

im traveling to London Saturday for a week. Let's face it, you can buy sealed re-issues anywhere. If anyone knows, what is the best place in London to score used vinyl copies that may be a bit collectible? Original presses of Bowie on RCA? Original press of Smiths on Rough Trade, etc.

I'm NOT looking for bargain prices on tattered vinyl; I'm looking to find things tougher to find in the US on vinyl. Last time, Sister Ray was OK, Rough Trade was mainly all new.. any recommendations from record collectors? I'd like to start with shops where I'm likely to find great used titles - keeping pricing/how expensive out of equation... thanks in advance!!

2. Robert Haagsma

Robert Haagsma Vinyl fanatic

www.flashback.co.uk

They have three branches in London. I usually go to the one near Angel tube station. I was there last weekend actually. The always have great used stuff, including collectibles. Enjoy your trip.

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I was there also last weekend. Great shop!

4. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I went to Sister Ray and Reckless. Wasn't crazy about the shops (and the photocopied jackets). The real fun thing was learning that the cover of the Oasis album "What's the Story Morning Glory" was shot on that street (Berwick Street).

5. StevenC

thanks! I remember hearing of this shop... I'll put this at the top of the list... also, I heard Sounds of the Universe. Sound accurate?

6. StevenC

thanks!

7. Robert Haagsma

Robert Haagsma Vinyl fanatic

Sounds Of the Universe is great as well. Near Oxford Street, so very easy to get to. Should definately on your list.

8. StevenC

Just got back. My favorites for records were Sister Ray, Audio and Video Exchange Notting Hill, Flashback Shoreditch, and a (no ****) street merchant on Portabello Road Notting Hill. Everything else didn't compare really... you can find new re-issues anywhere... Both Rough Trades sucked. Sounds of the Universe were 90% new and the used were mostly in dodgy shape.

9. abia

abia New Member

Rock Record is the best record shop in the London.

10. mantis4tons

mantis4tons Forum Resident

Cosmos Records is really great, but their focus is more on rare groove stuff than rock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.