Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. milk731

milk731 Forum Resident

andrewskyDE, Sander, Maurice and 4 others like this.
  2. street legal

street legal Senior Member

I feel bad for you. You're missing out on a treasure trove of great music.

andrewskyDE, Glubluk, anth67 and 6 others like this.
  3. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Exactly.

... and yes, I know it's not perfect - and I don't care.

Glubluk and Hattipper like this.
  4. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Can I take this opportunity just to restate what an incalculable treasure the Stockholm performance is?

5. uncle AK

uncle AK Forum Resident

I got the box set last week, and since then I have spent my evening time reading this thread from the beginning, besides listening to music of course.
    I want to thank everyone for the useful information along the way. The main problem right now is what am I going to read next now that I have finished this thread!

My box came with the OBC disc on the top, outside the box. However, as I don't have a BD-drive on my PC I don't know does my set have the hidden Meddle 5.1 or not. Is there a matrix number or such from where it could be identified?

I guess the Warner customer service will replace the faulty discs, so the 5.1 Meddle BD can't be had from there in case I'm missing it. Has anyone asked for the revised Stockholm disc and/or the revised digibook that would hold both the OBC and Pompeii discs?

Also, those of you who were lucky enough to get the replica van (sold out again), does it fit in the "foam handle" in the box set?

6. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

It sounds pretty bad on my main system, but I listened to it yesterday on a boom box while working in the garage, and it was tolerable. Did someone post a recommended eq/transfer to improve this? Thanks!

7. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

Yes, there's no digital edition of Continu/ation, apparently, from Amazon and iTunes, etc.
    I'm trying to get "Continu/ation" without buying the whole EY box set; especially interested in the CD.
    Nothing found on any online auction sites :cry:.
    Oh well, as promoted, the "bonus volume" is exclusive to the box set....but will keep looking!

8. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Has anyone found Continu/ation cover art in the style of the official stream/download art yet?

9. erikbergkvist

erikbergkvist New Member

I'm also looking for this, scoured the web since I got it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2017
  10. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

It's been on eBay at least twice... I suppose it will show up again eventually...

11. uncle AK

uncle AK Forum Resident

Actually the delay effect on the word "winter" can be heard on the original promo video mix, but not on either stereo or mono album mix. There is only very low quality version circulating of that mix (afaik), but that "robotic" delay is there, with the "la la la la"-backing vocals which are only on the stereo mix of the album.
    There were some speculations if that was a mix made for the single (which wasn't ever released), but whatever it was, it was different.

andrewskyDE and anth67 like this.
  12. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I mean the digital effect they put on the whole vocal. They did a similar thing with vegetable man 2010, too. I don't mind effects on vocals but I really dislike what they did to the vocals on the 201o mixes.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    uncle AK likes this.
  13. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Btw, I just checked out the jugband bluray audio to see what the deal is with the speed. The first 1:05 minutes has the speed increased but the rest of it is normal. Now that I know about it, it bugs me. So I pitch corrected the first part and remuxed it into the video. Needed a -0.4 semitone adjustment without changing speed.

14. Glubluk

Glubluk Forum Resident

Yes, the Committee soundtrack too!

Come to think of it, it's a pity EP's were not popular then. Maybe some of these odds and ends would have surfaced then.

15. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

Fat Old Sun from the BBC 1971 Session would have been good.

Cre/ation was an attempt to present an audio anthology of the Early Years box set.
    So, it's interesting that the record company didn't offer a video anthology of the box set.
    The nearest we got was from the BBC, with their Beginnings programme.

16. DrFate09

DrFate09 New Member

I made my own versions of the missing Continu/ation and Cambridge St/ation cover art in the style of the official artwork. Enjoy! [​IMG]

17. DrFate09

DrFate09 New Member

PyroMessiah, Johnny Reb and pablorkcz like this.
  18. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

19. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

Just found the individual sets on Spotify. Guess they've been on there for a while now..?

Studio_Two, The_Windmill and rontoon like this.
  20. Sputnik

Sputnik Member

Yes, since March 25th 2017. ;)

The_Windmill and bobcat like this.
  21. Leon dL

Leon dL Forum Resident

taken from a dutch music magazine dd june '67, who knows where & when these pics were taken ?
    thx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigGame, anth67, Kalli and 2 others like this.
  22. anth67

Well, Rick's Rave Up is. Sadly, no info on Dave's Dirge.

privit1 likes this.
  23. anth67

That would be UFO.

Leon dL likes this.
  24. Leon dL

Leon dL Forum Resident

(detail)
    Marijke Koger and Josje Leeger, members of the dutch design collective The Fool (reference to the Tarot card )
    Marijke and Josje designed the costumes for the "All You Need Is Love'' worldwide broadcast.
    Quote formidablemag.com : ' . . . The Fool Design Collective to create the Wonderwall. They were already known for decorating the Apple Boutique building exterior,painting John Lennon’s Rolls Royce and George Harrison’s Mini Cooper. Simone Postuma was the painter and Marijke Koger was the graphic artist, while Josje Leeger designed and made clothes, including several of Jane Birkin’s costumes. . . . '

[​IMG]

25. Leon dL

Leon dL Forum Resident

the lost [​IMG]

[​IMG]

andrewskyDE and Hattipper like this.