Big Brother 19

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

This season, 16 newbies and total strangers will enter the 'Big Brother' house to compete for $500,000.

What do a government engineer, dance teacher, microbiologist and rodeo clown all have in common? They'll all be fighting for half a million dollars on season 19 of Big Brother. Well, hopefully they'll fight and not float their way to the end.

For the newest season of the CBS reality series, 16 brand new houseguests have been cast to play the game. Among them is Christmas Abbott, 35, who cites season 15's Helen Kim as one of her favorite players. Matthew Clines, 33, is a big fan of season 16's America's Favorite Houseguest winner Donny Thompson. Jillian Parker, 24, favors "bad bitch" Daniele Donato from seasons eight and 13.

And Cody Nickson, 32, and Josh Martinez, 23, may be causing some havoc this summer as they both reveal the former player they like the most is none other than Big Brotherlegend and season eight winner Evel Dick Donato.

Also noteworthy of this season's fresh new faces is that unlike last season and other seasons before it this cast is a bit older. There are five players in their 30s and one stay-at-home dad from Boston who is 55.

So how will the game play out with these cast of characters when season 19 premieres on June 28? We'll soon found out. But first, below are their official bios.

Make sure to check back in to The Live Feed on June 20 for their full interviews with The Hollywood Reporter. And come back again on June 21 for a full house tour with host Julie Chen and executive producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan.

Christmas Abbott - 'Big Brother' Reveals Houseguests for Season 19

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

Every year I tell myself I'm not going to get sucked into watching it. And without fail I do.

3. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

^ditto!!!!!

Dark Mavis likes this.
  4. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

last one we watched was the Evel Dick season, that was enough.

5. rburly

The little I read, there are 2 people who say Evil Dick was there favorite player.

6. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

At least it looks to be all-new players and no "all-stars."

Grant, MikaelaArsenault and rburly like this.
  7. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

He's my favorite too.

rburly likes this.
  8. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

The new houseguests.:yawn: Same as previous years, and probably like next year. You have your usual buff dudes, sexpots, nerds, cowboys, tokens, and the old guy. You have semi-famous people, and one or two that seem suspiciously like they are related to some former houseguests.:yawn: The one difference is how many more thirty-somethings there are this year.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/19/entertainment/big-brother-season-19/index.html

9. rburly

The 30-year-olds were what I noticed too.

Grant likes this.
  10. Grant

I hated that a--hole!

rburly likes this.
  11. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I did at first, but the longer time went on he totally won me over and was incredibly entertaining for the show. Will and Boogers are the a--holes I've always hated, and Jessie the meathead of course.

12. Grant

No, I liked Will and Boogie. They were backstabbers, but they didn't treat people like underlings and insult them. I don't like meanness.

Today, Boogie turned out to be a jerk, but Will turned out to be every bit the nice guy people think he is.

anthontherun and rburly like this.
  13. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Starts tonight.

Grant and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  14. Grant

Yeah, I gotta work, so i'll have to set the DVR. I'm looking forward to it. Boring or exciting, it's my summer ritual. I want to see some tempers flare and some bad juju this year, and I don't want to have to pay for the internet feed to see it all.:)

rburly likes this.
  15. rburly

Earlier I was going to say something like "I hope they have better people", but realized they have to have the handsome couple, the cute and smart girls, etc....

It's been my summer treat for myself since it started, so... here we go again!

16. Grant

It looked interesting when I first saw how many people in their 30s were in, but then near the bottom I started seeing the usual twenty-something cliches, and the token old guy in his 50s. You know he won't last long.

17. rburly

I'm thinking I might enjoy watching Christmas and Alex. :love:

18. Mr. Fernando

Mr. Fernando Forum Resident

I'm trying to think what Will and Boogie did that was even remotely close to being on the same level or worse than Evil Dick.

Grant likes this.
  19. Grant

Man, i'm pissed! I liked Cameron. If Christmas had just voted for a competition, he'd still be there. And what do we get? #yourboy!

But, I gotta say, this temptation twist is pretty cool! I just hope they find a way to get rid of Kevin. A lot of the houseguests already don't like him, and neither do I.

20. Grant

I like Elena, and i'm hoping Megan and Dominique keep it interesting. It would be great to see these two either team up or go head to head.

21. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Well, at least if they were going to bring back a "fan favorite", Paul is a good choice (IMO).

22. rburly

I forget how I ended up feeling about Paul last year, but I agree. Paul will stir up some stuff and have people questioning their own thinking. It should be a good summer.

I hope and think they will bring back nerd guy, sorry can't remember his name. He seemed more savvy, at least a little bit, than last year's guy.

23. rburly

The live feed started at midnight, I believe. I'll start watching when I get home later on.

Wonder what's on tap for tonight. Did Julie say? She probably did but I wasn't paying attention to her.

24. Grant

Cameron. He's a microbiologist and a jock. The thing he had going for him is that he didn't look like a jock.

It's another temptation twist. The viewers will get to give one houseguest a chance for safety for the next three evictions...at a cost that everyone else will pay for.

rburly likes this.
  25. rburly

I didn't hear that he was a jock. My nephew came to my house at 8:10 and left about 30 minutes later. Long story.

I actually liked the way they are making things move faster with voting etc. A great way to keep the show interesting. I think once the numbers go down that they'll go back to the old system. It looked like it was thought out or planned more (don't know the technical term) and had less awkwardness than usual. This is hopefully a new and better way to keep us interested. The live feeds do that well enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.