Has any one heard or purchased anything from Resonance Records

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Slippers-on, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Use the search, plenty of reviews. Records are pressed by RTI and usually cut by Bernie Grundman. Releases are archival material transferred to hirez digital from tape, then mastered for LP or CD. The few releases I have sound great.

3. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks...great Idea.

4. IanL

IanL Senior Member

I have the John Coltrane Live at Temple University, and is a top notch release in every way. Think Mofi / Music Matters level attention to detail and quality.

5. Natara

Natara Well-Known Member

I am awaiting the Bill Evans 3Lp live boxset to arrive I got an absolute bargain price as the packaging is damaged but vinyl apparently is mint and unplayed I will let you know as soon as I have given it a spin but as stated above mastered by Grundman and presses at RTI so should be okay.

6. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

I have 3: Larry Young: Live in Paris, Bill Evans: Black Forest and Bill Evans: Hilversum. All 3 are really good. The only complaints I've heard about some of the other releases is that the source is "bootleg" quality so they were a bit limited on how they could master them

7. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

You could call it 'Bootleg Quality' or you could call it 'Archival Material.' Either way they're unearthing rare and often never before heard recordings. The packages are very well presented with tons of interviews and other bonus material.

I used to work with Zev Feldman (20 years ago) and he has an unbridled passion for Jazz that's infectious. Happy to see that he's found his true calling and the rest of us benefit from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.