How's the customer service from your cable or satellite provider?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Have you tried getting a new cable box? I had some problems with mine freezing and restarting sometimes, and a new box helped. Don't let them give you a cheap one, though. Get one with the digital display on the front.

2. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I have Google Fiber at my apartment in Kansas City and it's great! The tech support is in the US, native English speakers and answer quickly. And I have. Gigabit up and down.

3. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I've gone thru so many cable boxes I've lost count.

Upstairs, downstairs - doesn't matter.:realmad:

4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Since I'm in Maine, I have to deal with Wrecktum.

5. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Comcast in Portland, OR is really, really good. Rarely any outages, no channel freezing, great customer service. Couldn't be happier.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  6. MikaelaArsenault

I have Comcast back home, but the owners just chose to have Wrecktum in the condo.

7. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

Comcast / Xfinity here in north Chicagoland. My ABSOLUTE LEAST FAVORITE COMPANY EVER! I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was shouting. ;)

8. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Comcast in southern New Jersey: overly polite and friendly but usually unable to help in any way, shape, or form. Essentially useless...with a smile.

9. That seems to be the new tact that many companies are taking with customer service. Have low-paid drones on the phone that are overly friendly but can't actually help you with anything. Almost everything that needs a quick fix gets moved up the customer service ladder until you finally get a real employee that is authorized to do something.

MikaelaArsenault and RK2249 like this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

Great. So my internet won't work right now and I blame Crapcast for this.

Now I have to use data on my phone instead of Wi-Fi.

11. MikaelaArsenault

Surprise! Crapcast at the moment is having an outage and slow internet.

12. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Here is Portland, too. But seems to be coming back...

13. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

Not here in DC.

Ed

14. MikaelaArsenault

It's fine for me now.

15. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

This one actually wasn't Comcast's fault. Level 3 experienced a configuration error that impacted several other large ISPs in addition to Comcast.

Sites Wouldn't Load Monday? Blame Internet's 'Backbone'

16. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

You live in Salem, correct? Did you guys get hit with that powerful storm last week? I had no power for nearly a week and it finally came on late Friday. Anyway, all my lines were down and all are now up except for the cable. I called Comcast on Saturday and the CSR told me Comcast would be over Tuesday (yesterday) between 2 and 4. When I came home from work shortly after 4, no one had shown up. I called Comcast again and the CSR I spoke with told me that my ticket was still open and someone would be at my house by 4:50...he also tried to sell me a bunch of packages that I didn't need. Again, no one showed up last night. So today, I have to call them again and "threaten" them I'll leave them for Fairport-which is probably no better than Comcast. These cable/internet companies have us all by the cajones, especially if you live in the middle of nowhere! :cussing:

17. MikaelaArsenault

Yes.

18. MikaelaArsenault

Is anyone having issues with Comcast at the moment?

19. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Cox has been really good.

20. AJH

AJH Senior Member

I hate to quote myself, but things have really changed with Directv since 2015 and AT&T bought Directv. I recently had hardware/receiver issues and customer service and technical support were really terrible. I received different answers to identical questions from each person I talked with.

We have wireless Directv client service for other rooms, and when they sent me a new main Genie receiver to replace the old one, the directions for re-connecting the wireless clients were horrible!

Eventually, I was forced to call them again, and after ten minutes, they finally connected me with technical support. However, all the person I got in technical support did was read the instructions (that didn't work) included with the new Genie back to me over the phone. I then asked why they just couldn't have someone come out and do the replacement like I asked for initially? I was then told I didn't ask for a repairman, when I specifically did, when it was determined I needed a new receiver. At that time I was told that Directv didn't need to send repairmen out for a "simple" receiver exchange.

Hours later, after doing my own research on the internet and trying several different sets of directions (not from Directv), I was able re-establish the connections to the wireless clients and now they are all finally working.

21. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Cancelled Cox at my mother's condo and replacing it with U-Verse today.

Cox had a "2 year bundle" I signed her up for to get a flat rate. Well - the has the price increased after 13 months becuase some overly complex part of the deal they did not explain to me on the phone and would have been hard to spot anywhere without an amortization table.

So now they want something north of $240 dollars for my mom's service now. I called last month and said I was going to cancel and they offered $137 for 12 months but I had to wait until commitment runs out. Called back today and they say "the lowest we can do it $192 a month" and when I asked why they lied to me he said "Hey, it' jsut entertainment you don't need it" and "AT&T will do the same thing in 12 months."

Also Cox is raising prices like 6% a year - and they are really starting to raise internet prices more quickly and lower data availability. I can only imagine this situation will become much much worst with the repeal of net neutrality and the general regulatory stance from the current adminsitration.

To me all vable TV providers are dead - and when someone figures out how to undercut the internet prices they offer then I'll completely switch.

The boomers are going to be the last generation who will put up with this.

22. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

Got DISH. Have had it for probably ten years with no problems. For internet I have WOW. It is ok for that. When I got it I got a price and then told her I needed to check Charter Spectrum. That knocked my monthly cost down ten bucks a month.

23. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Wow, if I'm the employer that guy is FIRED. Jeebus, what kind of a thing is that to say when you're trying to sell something to a customer??? I had Cox for several years (but this was 10 years ago) at that time is was very good and I never had any problems.

24. rbmitch2

rbmitch2 Forum Resident

Gotta say that Comcast is more reliable here in Tucson than it used to be. And the speed is ultra fast.

25. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Recently switched from Xfinity to Optimum. Same cost, double the internet speed, so that was cool. However, they try to mislead you into believing you have to use their modem. They only list a few compatible modems. Today for some reason I decided to see if my old modem would work, and it did, saving me $10/month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.