KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Nope. Outside of KISS posters, the first comic book, and inserts I didn't really have much KISS swag. The one thing I did have for many years was an Ace Frehley guitar pick. I didn't catch it, but a friend of my cousin did and he gave it to her and her to me. I used to imagine that Ace's fngers had touched it. It was priceless to me. I have no idea where it is now! Whoops!

Sandinista, dadonred and npgchris like this.
  2. Diamond Star Halo

Diamond Star Halo Forum Resident

I've been a big Kiss fan for over 20 years, but I own zero merch apart from a retro Dynasty era t shirt. The only Kiss products that I've ever bought are albums and VHS/DVD releases.

Is this unusual? It feels like I should at least have a Kiss Kasket or something....:p

Tippy, SammyJoe, dadonred and 3 others like this.
  3. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

I just skipped ahead, and listened to the final two tracks on this album. I didn't remember either song, at all! One of them was so disposable, I literally forgot it the moment it stopped playing. The other one shocked the hell outta me. It sounds so much like another great American rock & roll band, and I'm shocked I had totally forgotten about it!

4. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I believe Animalize was the time the Casablanca label was on some of the foreign releases
    Kiss - Animalize

5. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Oh no no please God help me!

The Slug Man likes this.
  6. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

I honestly wanted a KISS Kasket, right up til I remembered I made arrangements for Cremation! Do you think they have a KISS Urn?

OK I was not serious please do not respond. No urns please! Bad joke

Diamond Star Halo likes this.
  7. Diamond Star Halo

Diamond Star Halo Forum Resident

Stop! You're giving Gene new Kiss merch ideas! ;)

GodShifter and William Smart like this.
  8. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

9. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

10. William Smart

11. William Smart

Cheaterrrrr! I'm telling Shannon!

npgchris and Diamond Star Halo like this.
  12. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

It's OK; Shannon already knows.

Her and I are going to hit the highway doin' 69!!

13. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster A skeptical believer....

Your comments on The Elder echo my thoughts; I was inspired by this thread to fully listen to it for the first time and thought a whole album in the style of the more heavier/metal tunes on that release would have been awesome. Indeed they are heavier with a certain style and sound that Kiss never really explored again. Some great hard rock offerings on The Elder, and unique for Kiss. I may have even become a fan again if they continued down that road at that time.

npgchris, Tippy and Terrapin Station like this.
  14. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

It actually sounds like two of their songs combined, but not as good as either. :agree:

npgchris likes this.
  15. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

I was just blasting "God of Thunder" on Ozzy's Boneyard coming home from work. I'm really looking forward to Destroyer. :nyah:

16. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Another Paul song I love dearly. In fact Psycho Circus is a phenomenon (can't think of another record like that) - garbage from start to...well almost finish where it ends with 2 fantastic tunes - Dreaming and A Journey of 1000 Years. Both also sound a bit like Music from the Elder outtakes which is of course the finest thing you can say about any piece of music.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    npgchris likes this.
  17. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Another thing that surprised me while I was reading the Unmasked Discussion - how come everybody commented on a reggae stylings of the bridge yet nobody noticed that Gene delivers the most McCartney-ish lines ever? I mean "Lonely people looking for someone, lonely people going their way...". And it wasn't the first time in history. Listen to Paul singing Molly and tell me it doesn't sound like a RAM or Wild Life outtake!

18. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

And speaking of Wicked Lester - how come KISS never recorded What Happens in the Darkness? It has a Number One hit written all over it!

19. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

I might have to steal that.

20. Terrapin Station

That's a good catch. I was going to comment on this tune having similarities to Elder material, and in my opinion it's not just Paul's voice (but it's that too) .

I wouldn't say that the song wholesale sounds like an Elder leftover, but it rather sounds to me like it might have been some Elder leftovers that were reworked to make a hair metal anthem.

npgchris, Tippy and antonkk like this.
  21. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

Nice to see you aboard Anton!

William Smart and antonkk like this.
  22. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Exactly!

23. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

:cheers:

William Smart, RelayerNJ and npgchris like this.
  24. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

I was referencing to Naked City of course.

RelayerNJ and Diamond Star Halo like this.
  25. Terrapin Station

Yeah, I'm another. Like npgchris, I had a bunch. A couple different KISS, Zep, Aerosmith, Rush, Queen, Nugent . . . Um, I can't remember them all at the moment. But I wore one of those belt buckles every day for awhile though.

Oh--I just remembered that I also had some instrument buckles that were monochromatic bronze. A snare drum, a guitar, etc.

I also had an Oreo cookie necklace. I was sportin'.

William Smart, npgchris and dadonred like this.