"PP Arnold’s Lost Sessions With Eric Clapton, Derek & The Dominos, Barry Gibb For October Release"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by revolution_vanderbilt, Jul 17, 2017.

1. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident Thread Starter

This looks like an exciting release!

Exclusive: PP Arnold's Lost Sessions With Eric Clapton, Derek & The Dominos, Barry Gibb For October Release - uDiscover

2. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Great. They need to reissue her only released 'Immediate' album on vinyl as well (or did I miss that?). This woman should have been a major star.

3. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Count me in! I would expect both of these tracks from a scarce 45 to be included.

P P Arnold - Give A Hand Take A Hand

The single flopped, which possibly could have contributed towards the album being unreleased. PP Arnold didnt have much luck with albums. Her Immediate debut had very few copies pressed because the label was in financial trouble.

I'd love to see quality vinyl reissues of the two PP Arnold Immediate albums.

kt66brooklyn, granata and Ignatius like this.
  4. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

We're thinking the same! She did two Immediate albums, 'The First Lady of Immediate' and 'Kafunta'. Both are very hard to find, especially the first one.

kt66brooklyn and pghmusiclover like this.
  5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Clarkophile likes this.
  6. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

Well, I'll be....
    This has been a long time coming that I'd almost given up on these seeing the light of day. The teasers that Pat posted online a few years back certainly wet my appetite but as time moved on I figured that was that only to read about this now. Groovy!

pghmusiclover likes this.
  7. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Small Faces with P.P. Arnold. One of my favorite you-tube videos:

8. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

I would like to hear some of this before committing to buy. Has any of it been booted?

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  9. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I will be in PP is one of the great overlooked female Voices of the 20th century

10. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

I've always liked "If You Think You're Groovy" with Small Faces. Any chance of Marsha Hunt's 1969 lp coming back BTW?

Uuan likes this.
  11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Here's her version of the Bee Gees' To Love Somebody...

kt66brooklyn, Uuan, JeffMo and 2 others like this.
  12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Live vocal version from 1968:

Hep Alien and bluemooze like this.
  13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Her cover of Angel of the Morning:

Hep Alien and bluemooze like this.
  14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Covering The Beach Boys:

15. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: ohhhh you've started me off........

oh1 and bluemooze like this.
  16. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

ooh! Exciting! Can't wait to hear this.

JeffMo likes this.
  17. Kundera the joke.

Kundera the joke. Senior Member

It looks a very interesting release. A few more details closer to the release date could push it into a must buy.

My favourite Arnold track. (Strange promo though)

Dante Fontana and bluemooze like this.
  18. ferdinandhudson

THE TURNING TIDE TRACKLISTING

1. Medicated Goo – Written by Steve Winwood/Jimmy Miller and Produced by Eric Clapton.
    2. Born– Written and Produced by Barry Gibb
    3. If This Were My World – Written and Produced by Caleb Quaye and PP Arnold
    4. High And Windy mountain – Written and Produced by Barry Gibb
    5. Spinning wheel – Written by David Clayton Thomas and Produced By Barry Gibb
    6. Bury Me Down By The River- Written by Barry and Maurice Gibb and Produced by Barry Gibb
    7. Children Of The Last War Written and Produced by Caleb Quaye and PP Arnold
    8. Brand New Day – Written by Van Morrison/ Produced by Eric Clapton
    9. The Turning Tide – Written and Produced By Barry Gibb
    10. You’ve Made Me So Very Happy – written by Brenda Holloway, Patrice Holloway Frank Wilson & Barry Gordy/ Produced by Barry Gibb
    11. Give A Hand Take A Hand – Written and Produced by Barry Gibb
    12. Happiness- Written and Produced by Barry Gibb
    13. You Can’t Always Get What You Want – Written by Mick Jagger/Keith Richards and Produced by Eric Clapton

JeffMo, Hep Alien, kees1954 and 6 others like this.
  19. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

I can't wait to hear this – especially her take of Medicated Goo. I already have the 7” singles of Bury Me Down By The River and Give A Hand Take A Hand and really like them.

20. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

She did a great version of Mike Nesmith's 'Different Drum' in the late 90's...

Hep Alien, somnar and phillyal1 like this.
  21. Maybe I've missed the bus with her. I do have a NZ pressing of the First Lady Of Immediate lp that I might have played once then filed away to be forgotten. Might be time for a reappraisal.
    From memory I think it was the songs rather than the performances that didn't click. A few more cuts to the standard of The First Cut would have made a difference.

22. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Hep Alien, andybeau and Mark Wilson like this.
  23. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

P.P. posted this on her Facebook page back in May, so it sounds like there is a new album in the works, along with the unreleased project!

Great 2 weeks in Devon with Steve Cradock putting finishing vocal touches on the new album. Recorded another great Paul Weller tune called 'Picture'. Steve has been big time busy doing amazing string and horn arrangements on all the tracks. I was blown away hearing how great all the tracks sound!!!! Really blown away by his production and arrangement of a tune I wrote with my son Kojo Samuel back in the 90's called "Hold On To Your Dreams" Kojo's gonna be blown away!!! So many great songs on this album.
    Sally Cradock and I have chosen all the tunes for the Heritage Album "The Turning Tide" that has been mixed by Charles Rees at Black Barn Studios and will be released along with my autobiography "The First Cut Is The Deepest" this fall. These unreleased recordings produced by Barry Gibb, Eric Clapton and Caleb Quaye and I sound fresh and fantastic!!! I can't wait to tell you more. So much to fill you all in on. I'm so excited!!!

24. ferdinandhudson

granata and andybeau like this.