Worried Blues: 10 archival blues recordings on Fat Possum

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fuzzbo, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzbo

fuzzbo Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

This looks fantastic, I will have to seek it out.

3. bobc

bobc Bluesman

Yeah, they look great and the samples sound marvellous. I'll have to go for them. But which ones first and in what order?

4. Spadeygrove

Spadeygrove Senior Member

I'm in for the good Reverends Davis and Wilkins and maybe the RL Burnside too.

5. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

I'm down for the Rev Davis and Skip James for sure

Spadeygrove likes this.
  6. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Looking forward to this but I've yet to buy a vinyl pressing from Fat Possum that really impressed me.

7. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

8. Arkay_East

9. Electric

Yes, was interested at first.

10. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

“Blues records usually have one or two great songs". Nice. I could have sworn most of the deep Blues recordings in my collection are awesome from start to finish.

BluesOvertookMe, Kate_C. and Mark J like this.
  11. Electric

I noticed that. Odd thing to say.

BluesOvertookMe and blutiga like this.
  12. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

As good a piece of real estate on SHF as any to post the notice I just received regarding a select $4 CD sale at the Possum. Incidentally, if for some inexplicable reason you don't already own Kimbrough's "1st Recordings", please express your contrition through immediate purchase; I believe Matthew spoke to the dire spiritual consequences of this particular Sin of Omission: "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Need I say more? Less? Probably less.

Link: CD

13. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

:)

Lizzie Harvest likes this.
  14. Arkay_East

I just picked up the Rev Gary Davis LP. Looks good so far. Couldn't resist for $13. I'll report back when I play it.

Spadeygrove likes this.
  15. Arkay_East

Ok. Well, keeping in mind that these should be less than $15 I am more than satisfied. No major issues. No pops, scuffs or scratches. Packaging is simple but adequate w a plain black inner sleeve. Sounds just fine. Someone named J Powell signed the deadwax. It does appear to be some type of partnership between Fat Possum and Amazon as the cover states Worried Blues is "A Fat Possum/Amazon Collection"

Oh ... if you listen to this keep in mind the first track was recorded in 64. There is a significant difference in fidelity between the first and second tracks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.