Grateful Dead - Long Strange Trip 6xLP now live on Amazon

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by tmaynard, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmaynard

tmaynard Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

I grabbed it... thought there was enough unreleased content that I wanted it.

3. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Same here, looks like a good set.

Eric Weinraub likes this.
  4. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

5. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Well that was fast!

6. faz09

faz09 Forum Resident

I am assuming this is the tracklisting of the 6LP Amazon exclusive:

From Rhino

LONG STRANGE TRIP MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK
    Track Listing

Disc One
    "Death Don't Have No Mercy" (Live/Dead, Live At The Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA, 2/27/1969)
    "St. Stephen" (Live/Dead, Live At The Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA, 2/27/1969)
    "Uncle John's Band" (Workingman's Dead, 1970)
    "Dark Star" (Live At The Fillmore East, New York, NY, 2/14/1970)*
    "Easy Wind" (Workingman's Dead, 1970)
    "Candyman" (American Beauty, 1970)
    "China Cat Sunflower"> (Live At Chateau d'Herouville, Herovuville, France, 6/21/1971)*
    "I Know You Rider" (Live At Chateau d'Herouville, Herovuville, France, 6/21/1971)*
    "Morning Dew" (Europe '72, Live At The Lyceum Theatre, London, England, 5/26/1972)

Disc Two
    "He's Gone" (Sunshine Daydream, Live At Veneta, OR, 8/27/1972)
    "The Music Never Stopped" (Live At The Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA, 8/13/1975)*
    "Scarlet Begonias"> ( Cornell 5/8/77, Live At Barton Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 5/8/1977)
    "Fire On The Mountain" (Cornell 5/8/77, Live At Barton Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 5/8/1977)
    "Althea" (Go To Nassau, Live At Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY, 5/16/1980)
    "Touch Of Grey" (In The Dark, 1987)
    "Dear Mr. Fantasy"> (Live At Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro, MA, 7/2/1989)*
    "Hey Jude" (Live At Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro, MA, 7/2/1989)*
    "Ripple"> (American Beauty, 1970)
    "Brokedown Palace" (American Beauty, 1970)

Disc Three - Amazon Exclusive (CD and LP)
    "Playing In The Band" (Europe '72: The Complete Recordings, Live At Beat-Club, West Germany, 4/21/1972)
    "Eyes Of The World" ( Dick's Picks, Vol. 31, Live At Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City, NJ, 1974)
    "St. Stephen"> (Cornell 5/8/77, Live At Barton Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 5/8/1977)
    "Not Fade Away"> (Cornell 5/8/77, Live At Barton Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 5/8/1977)
    "St. Stephen" (Cornell 5/8/77, Live At Barton Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 5/8/1977)
    "Dark Hollow" (Reckoning, 1981)
    "Stella Blue" (Live At Zoo Amphitheater, Oklahoma City, OK, 7/5/1981)*
    "Days Between" (Live At Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, 10/18/1994)*

7. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

It is.

8. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

I ordered when I saw this posted on FB yesterday but now I'm rethinking it since 1/3 of it is from the 5/8/7 7 Cornell show and I have that already. Another 1/3 are studio cuts so $120 for the other third I don't have it probably not worth it.

9. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

Now that I see a 2LP pre-order for $39.99 I'm canceling.

10. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I only have 10/27 tracks so I'm keeping it on order. It does kind of stink that so much of the May '77 stuff is on there since that was just released.

faz09 likes this.
  11. The vinyl seems to be still available

faz09 and RiRiIII like this.
  12. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

Apparently Amazon got nervous because it was selling out so quickly and pulled it and then put it back according to Grateful Dead FB post.

13. I don't think that 1/3 math is right, I count 5 of 27 tracks being 5/8/77 unless I counted wrong! :D

14. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

OK, I might have exaggerated just a bit but when I take into account all the other Dead albums they are pulling tracks from, there's just not much I don't already own.

15. monovinyl

monovinyl Senior Member

Still available...just ordered.

16. Heh was just having a little fun with you

17. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Shipping notice in. Due Friday. Should be a fun weekend.

18. faz09

faz09 Forum Resident

I got this in the mail today, but still deciding if I want this, 130 is kinda steep and I do have some of these songs (7) on vinyl already.

19. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

Box # 228 arrived at my house on Thursday. I played the first LP this morning, the highlight is the Dark Star from 2/14/70 on side 2. The sound is very good, the vinyl perfect. 5 more LP's to go.

Crispy Rob, RiRiIII and sberger like this.
  20. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I got this on Friday but I think I'm going to keep it sealed and sell it after this box goes out of print. I didn't look that closely at the difference between the standard two LP release and this six LP version. There's not a lot new on the extra four LPs.

I already have Cornell, Veneta and Dick's Pick's 4 (Filmore East 2/14/70} on vinyl so those cuts are covered.

While I'd like to have the songs which have never been previously released on vinyl, I already have them on CD. The only ones I don't have on CD are the Stella Blue and the MSG Days Between, both of which have never been released before on any format. It's hard to justify the cost of the six LP version for those two songs.

I'm going to buy the two LP version and play that instead. If I change my mind, I still have the box but I think the shorter version will be just fine.

21. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

FYI, this release has the Dark Star from the early show on 2/14/70, which is not on Dick's Picks 4. That Dark Star is from 2/13/70 (the late show, IIRC, but definitely from 2/13).

22. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Just opened this up and listening now, and I'm blown away by how great it sounds. Honestly one of the best Dead vinyl releases I've heard. Begs to be cranked, and Phil's bass rumbles like Jack Cassidy's in his prime. Almost like hearing a lot of this stuff for the first time, at least for me. Those that are thinking of selling it, or not playing it, might want to think again before making what I consider would be a very regretful decision.

RiRiIII and budwhite like this.
  23. faz09

faz09 Forum Resident

24. hfarrior3

hfarrior3 Worst pressing ever ...

$85.93 now.

faz09 likes this.
  25. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Just ordered at $84 and change. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Looking forward to listening to it!

RiRiIII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.