My new car has no CD player :-(

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by kwadguy, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Well in my case the only files my stereo reads is Mp3 , so less audio Quality , Hopefully i can figure out an update at some pint which i was Talking with another poster on here ....... but yeh if i could play wav or Flac etc.

2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

My friend has a Dodge challenger that has a hard drive built in i'm pretty sure , not sure how big the drive is , but he loaded his music in & was ready to go .

3. WapatoWolf

WapatoWolf Forum Resident

Did u smack him him then? Punk!

Sneaky Pete and Davidmk5 like this.
  4. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Ha! Quite some years ago when I bought a Jeep GCLtd (don't ever buy one of those btw), they actually had two on the lot I liked. One was a V8; the other, S6. I like the gas guzzling, grunting, fake macho, can get any chick I want, converts belly fat to bicep muscle tissue, bite the ankles of lions and dare them to cop an attitude... kind of vehicle. In other words, don't buy a Jeep. I digress.

I drove off the lot with the S6 because it had the 10-disc CD changer already installed.

dcottrell6 and Davidmk5 like this.
  5. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

not looking for audiophile sound in my car. too much noise for that to matter a lot. that said Bluetooth is better than am or cb radio.

6. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

lol car cd changers are one of the worst inventions. they scratch the discs up, then they break.

7. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

you can certainly load lossless files on a portable player and use it in a car. I am pretty sure no one can tell the difference between a good mp3 and lossless in a running, moving car though. I'm sure some cars can control from steering wheel mounted buttons. my player is on a mount that connects... in the cd slot that I have never used. right there where a built in display would be so no issues operating while driving.

8. Really ? Never a problem in my 2006 audi. The changer never damaged a disc in 11 years.

9. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

:shrug: I have never had that happen or heard of that happening...in any vehicle.

dcottrell6 and Davidmk5 like this.
  10. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

To be fair, back in the 90s, I did see aftermarket players scuff-up CDs, but never to the extent that sublemon claims. Perhaps those scratches he talks about came from the user not keeping them in a case or pouch, and throwing the discs around.

Drifter likes this.
  11. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

the in-dash changers at least were notorious for failing

12. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

No problems with the CD changer. That's the only part of the car's electrical system that has been completely dependable. :laugh: o_O :mad: :shake:

Colin M and Drifter like this.
  13. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

To me i'm looking for audiophile if i can get it , i Honestly listen very loud most of the time & it has to be clean sound ...... I don't care for bluetooth much at all , if i was listening to a podcast or talk radio i'd be okay with it ,but not for music .
    I can't listen to sirius or XM Radio either , sound is terrible ..........

14. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

What a wise guy! :) Actually, I am impressed that he knew what Cassette and especially 8-Tracks are.

56GoldTop likes this.
  15. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Well, I got in a new Subaru yesterday, and yes, it does have a cd player!

Must check out Nissan next.

16. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

Anyone know anything about the audio system in the 2017 accord? FLAC via USB or an SD card would be nice.

17. HiFi Guy

HiFi Guy Forum Resident

My wife's Nissan has a CD player. She also hates it and wished she'd bought a Subaru.

18. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Can I ask, Which model of Nissan?

19. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

My 2016 Toyota Prius Two has both CD and USB, but I rarely listen to CDs in the car. Why bother when I can load thousands of high res tracks on my phone?

andybeau likes this.
  20. Standingstones

Standingstones Forum Resident

My new car and previous car both have CD players in them. The problem is that the discs get stuck and won't eject. It took me six months of jerking around to free a CD from my previous vehicle. I try to refrain from playing CDs these days.

21. HiFi Guy

HiFi Guy Forum Resident

2015 Rogue SL

It's been reliable. It has had two recalls: Passenger Air Bag module and transmission module. Other than that, no issues.

It's woefully underpowered though and has lots of blind spots. I drove it once. That was enough for me. Hopefully, never again.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Spin Doctor and John B Good like this.
  22. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

I'm going to check out the 2017 Accords today. Hopefully I will be able to get some info about the infotainment system - I rather like the idea of a car that can play its own music without having to be tethered to a phone.

23. HiFi Guy

HiFi Guy Forum Resident

I think they call that a "radio." :biglaugh:

24. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

that..... goes against everything I do to listen to music. I mostly listen in my car, an android tablet streaming music to the car via bluetooth.

First off, I have a ripped song library of approaching 20thousand songs. That took awhile. A lot of them, I ended up doing a bit of re-mastering, a small bit of compression, for car audio (road noise makes quieter passages more difficult to hear). Then I tagged an image to every file. For many, it was a custom image I made in photoshop (not all of them, I'd still be doing it).

I suppose I'm a bit more comfortable on a computer than you are. But to me, its really easy to load up a stick full of mp3s or flacs to go on a road trip.

You can easily buy a CD player to plug in to any computer.

andybeau likes this.
  25. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I've seen this trend for a couple of years now. The thing that annoys me is not having an 1/8th mini RCA jack and USB port. I know most people are streaming but providing those two option for flexibility is very inexpensive.

dlokazip and MrRom92 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.