Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Okay, season one was a long time ago, I forgot it was Jon who had it made for her, I thought it was from Ned, oh well at least she has ONE Valyrian blade.:oops::)

2. GregM

GregM The expanding man

What should she name the dagger? I vote for Steely Bran.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I think the dagger should be "Pin."

Dubmart and GodShifter like this.
  4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I wonder if Littlefinger's presence at Winterfell, and his inclusion on Arya's list, will cause any conflict?

5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

When did he get added to her list ?

6. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I don't think he ever was. I found the following list on some other side, where they compared her original list with one later in the series.
    The original list (S04E05):
    What's left of it in Season 6 (S06E03): Arya's Training - Game of Thrones S06E03 - 1080p HD

Still to kill:
    Cersei - For accusing Ned of treason, leading to his execution.
    The Mountain - For torturing people at Harrenhal.

Dead:
    Walder Frey - For betraying her mother and Robb at the Red Wedding.
    Ser Meryn Trant - For Killing Syrio (Arya's sword-fighting instructor).
    Joffrey - For sentencing Ned to be beheaded.
    Tywin Lannister - For orchestrating the Red Wedding.
    Polliver - For killing Lommy, stealing Needle and the torture at Harrenhal.
    Rorge - For the torture at Harrenhal and threatening to rape her.

Taken off the list:
    The Hound - For killing her friend Mycah, the butcher's boy, in season one. Name crossed because presumed dead and doubts.
    Ilyn Payne - For swinging the sword that beheads Ned. Name crossed for unknown reason.
    Beric Dondarrion - For selling Gendry to Melisandre. Name crossed for unknown reason.
    Thoros of Myr - For selling Gendry to Melisandre. Name crossed for unknown reason.
    The Red Woman/Melisandre - For taking Gendry away. Name crossed for unknown reason.

7. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Oops. I stand corrected.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Nothin'! I got, got, got no time... I got, got, got no time!

I'll eventually do a 60-hour marathon and just blow through all of them, if and when I get a chance.

9. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

The wife and I 'gave in' about 2 years ago...
    And, of course, when you start 'getting into' it, you just rip though 'em!

Vidiot likes this.
  10. GregM

GregM The expanding man

That works. Especially if Baelish can be the pin cushion.

11. I vote for "Sting"...unless that name has been used before :angel:.

Bender Rodriguez and gary191265 like this.
  12. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Stewart Copeland then? Not very snappy though, is it?

Pete Puma likes this.
  13. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Anyone else find Bran a bit of a Spock character? He's gone totally emotionless and even looks a bit like Nemoy. The warg thing is not unlike a mind meld. All he needs are the pointy ears.

14. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Let's face it, he's never been the most interesting character to begin with. But now...I think he's carrying the weight of not being Bran any more. He's constantly seeing visions of what is happening... and what has happened. I don't know how that is going to play out exactly. But for now, it's even made him less interesting to watch.

Shawn, Dubmart and GodShifter like this.
  15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

...but with more interesting potential to affect the story.

16. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I would name it Rusev

17. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

One of the things GRRM is notoriously known for is writing TOO many characters into his novels. Characters that ultimately do little to advance the narrative. This tick of his only worsened as the series progressed through the years, the last 2 books could easily have been made into a single, superior, one had he gotten rid of all the excess characters and their equally useless storylines. IMO Bran and Rickon are his earliest examples of characters and storylines that were ultimately irrelevant and could've easily been eliminated. Let's be real, Bran stopped being interesting the moment he got pushed out the window!

18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Agreed about Bran. I never liked his storyline whether it be in the books or the show.

I think the reason for all the extraneous characters in the books was Martin was trying to get his role playing card game going and needed more characters. His biggest mistake was not advancing the story ten years like he first intended. It made a mess out of the last two books. Tyrion's pig jousting and captivity with the dwarf Penny was a particularly cringeworthy diversion. There were some really bad ideas in the last two books.

Deesky and Chris from Chicago like this.
  19. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I think he remained interesting, but in a show where so much of the "ooo'ing and aaah'ing" revolves around action and fighting, he couldn't be a part of that by definition beyond his warg abilities where he controlled the actions of someone or something else (which let's admit it is interesting). It has very profound implications for the remainder of the series as @Squealy says above, and indeed for the finale. There are only 9 episodes left. Bran is safe in Winterfell for the first time and can probably control dragons. He's taken a back seat the entire series, but that was by design. As the previous 3-eyed raven said, he will fly. Prepare to be blown away.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  20. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

I agree that in the books at least Bran's character and the aspect of the world of the novels that it connects us too has been interesting and potentially decisive in terms of plot from the beginning. I also agree that it hasn't been handled with enough weight in the series--but then the series, as entertaining as it continues to be, has become fairly weightless in recent seasons all around, telling what remains of the story in a kind of splashy short-hand, going from made up of one visually spectacular plot point to another with little regard for the build up of detail and character.

I'm still watching, but I'm a lot less engaged than I used to be.

L.

John Moschella and GentleSenator like this.
  21. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

What do you call that thing the cello does, every time a dragon sprays fire?
    A 'glassando'?

22. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

From this I am reminded of the horse riding contraption design Tyrion had presented to Bran. Perhaps it could be fitted to a dragon?

On the other hand, active battle is not really the role I see Bran taking, as he has already indicated by giving his dagger to Arya, it "being wasted on a cripple".

23. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

To create a breach in the infantry line for the Dothraki cavalry to exploit maybe? Which is what actually happened in the scene.

ronbow and brew ziggins like this.
  24. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Another awesome episode. Now that I've read the novels and caught up on all the seasons, it's really unfortunate that the writer's decided not to bring back Cat Stark as Lady Stoneheart like in the novels. A missed moment. Now that would have been really entertaining. Looking forward for episode 5.

25. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I don't think the expectation is that he'll physically fly on the back of a dragon.

The expectation is that he'll be able to take over control of a dragon by taking over it's mind through his warging abilities.

He's already demonstrated his capability to do so when he took over Hodor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.