Current YES tour (Steve Howe & Company)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rufus t firefly, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Are you even on the same planet as the rest of us. The video is from 3 days ago. Please check your eyes. You should pay more attention to something before you post.

warewolf95 and AndyNicks like this.
  2. patel kismet

patel kismet Forum Resident

Great ! I can get a chance to be in !

GoodKitty, warewolf95 and Shak Cohen like this.
  3. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

You have a problem with ARW so if the current YES lineup came out and played completely out of tune you would still say there great. My expectations are higher then yours

patel kismet and Lownote30 like this.
  4. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Here is another video from a few days ago. Please look at the date and look at Howe at 22 seconds in and tell me what you see on his chin.

5. zen

zen Senior Member

No, I don't...
    When I went to see ARW live, I knew I was seeing a YES tribute. How many albums did Rabin and Wakeman actually make together?

altaeria likes this.
  6. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Can someone please confirm that that at 18 seconds in you can clearly see that Howe has a big white beard. varispeed says it must be an old poorly edited video!! This show is from 3 days ago.

Thanks

7. Yes, Howe is sporting a well grown white beard in this video.

8. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

It's pointless. I would rather see Anderson playing YES with a group of musicians then anything with Jon Davison. I think that Anderson is very low on your what's important to YES meter. ARW sounds better- that's simple for anyone to hear.

warewolf95, AndyNicks and Rfreeman like this.
  9. vinylphile

vinylphile Forum Resident

Heaven and Earth was just brutal. If that's all they got, count me out ;)

warewolf95 likes this.
  10. zen

zen Senior Member

:ignore:

11. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Thank you as @varispeed said I need to check my eye sight and then said it's an old video poorly edited.

12. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Yep but some forum members are so stubborn they will praise anything released under the name YES.

13. vinylphile

vinylphile Forum Resident

True. And there's also a faction that considers anything after Relayer a waste of time. I'd probably consider myself halfway between these two extremes. ;)

SirMarc and Scottb like this.
  14. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Me too, but since they are throwing Howe in with my Rundgren ticket I will check it out again.

Scottb likes this.
  15. gja586

gja586 Forum Resident

Jon sadly became ill after agreeing to the 40th anniversary tour in 2008. However, he continually refused to tour or record for the three years or so before when Howe, Squire and White were keen to do so.

I can't remember the exact details re. the money and I cannot legally verify that this is true - but FWIW I'm pretty sure it been widely discussed by folk much more knowledgeable than me in various threads on the progressiveears forum.

Incidentally, Yes expert bondegzou (a regular contributor to Yes threads on progressiveears) has a clear and concise summary of the circumstances surrounding the current two-Yes situation on his website:

Where are they now? - Yes

I wish both Yes camps well and my fondest wish is for either or both of them to record some interesting new music sometime soon, as they're not getting any younger. :)

warewolf95 likes this.
  16. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

17. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

That was the case. He last toured with Yes in 2004, three years before the health problems.

warewolf95 likes this.
  18. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I can find good things (and some not so good things) in each lineup and their performances.

So I can enjoy both, and neither at the expense of the other. No need to dislike one set of people who care enough to play Yes music at the expense of the other.

warewolf95, gja586, altaeria and 2 others like this.
  19. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Yes that site is ran by Henry Potts. I agree they aren't getting any younger and it would be great if they could merge ARW and YES for one final tour but I don't see it happening.

20. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I don't dislike Steve Howe's YES I just can't stomach Davison's voice. I liked Benoit better as he kind of sounded like Trevor Horn.

warewolf95 likes this.
  21. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

You should be the PR guy for Howe's YES as you seem to love them so much. What's wrong with ARW? They sound great live.

warewolf95 and AndyNicks like this.
  22. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Makes no sense. Anderson was the co-founder with Squire so how is seeing ARW seeing a YES tribute band when you have the co-founder and legendary singer. Who cares how many albums Wakeman and Rabin made together. If it wasn't for Rabin YES would have died years ago. Don't get me wrong as I greatly prefer the classic stuff but in the mid 80's prog was dead and Rabin came along with a full albums worth of songs and injected new life into the band with massive chart success. If that didn't happen YES would not have gone on selling out huge arena's or even getting a record contract. I think you're so biased that you can't see things for what they are and for some bizarre reason have no loyalty to Anderson but you do for Howe who was not a co-founder of the band. So as far as credibility goes ARW has much more credibility then Steve Howe's YES as ARW has a founding member and Howe's YES doesn't.

vinylphile, warewolf95 and Shak Cohen like this.
  23. zen

zen Senior Member

I don't need a history lesson on YES. Thanks.

samskeyti likes this.
  24. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

None (unless you count Union), but Jon Anderson was on all but 3 albums. No one else in the other Yes can say that. What will you say when ARW do come out with an album (which they will)? They'll be called Yes, and it will be new music... with the only original performing member of the band.

AndyNicks and Scottb like this.
  25. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

It's a lost cause as he seems to really have it in for ARW and has no respect for Jon Anderson. He's re-written YES history and thinks that any group without Howe isn't YES. Don't get me wrong I love the classic 70's stuff best but Howe was gone for the Yeswest mid 80's stuff and the band did fine without him and releasing 90125 which is an amazing album.

Lownote30 and AndyNicks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.