Looking at new headphones, need some help......

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Chazz, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

+1 on the Grado extension cable. Works well.

johnny q likes this.
  2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I would say that the general consensus (but certainly not unanimous) on headfi of those who have both the M1060 and the HE400i is the M1060 preferred of the two.

I have the M1060 and the Oppo PM-3 (another buy and try which I don't think has been mentioned but should be). They each do some things better than the other, but both are very good.

3. kdejonge

kdejonge Forum Resident

I have the Gustard H10 Massdrop: Community-Driven Commerce
    (and a schiit Modi dac)

For cable I got a new one from Q Cable www.q-audio.com. This was before they got a new owner though.

Ivand likes this.
  4. AcidPunk15

AcidPunk15 Forum Resident

I know this might sound like a noob question but what is headphone fatigue. Sound becomes stale?

5. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I can also vouch for the Grado extension cable - go for it! And congratulations on those HE400i's - that price is unbeatable for quality headphones.

6. BD2665

BD2665 Forum Resident

Fatigue is loss of engagement or just wanting to stop listening after a relatively short period of time. I think a lot of today's HP's are tipped up in the high frequencies to give the illusion of better detail and as a result can be harder to listen to for longer periods of time. I'm sensitive to hot or overly bright high end so I prefer something a bit more balanced. You will know fatigue when you encounter it because you will listen less or wonder why you're not enjoying your music in the way that you expect to.

AcidPunk15, Ham Sandwich and Ivand like this.
  7. J. R.

J. R. Cat Herder

Marantz HD-DAC1

Ivand likes this.
  8. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

get yourself some Bose noise cancelling. Brilliant!

9. kdejonge

kdejonge Forum Resident

got those beside the he400i, they are great travelling but not so great sound wise. the he400i kicks their ass!

It's Felix likes this.
  10. AcidPunk15

AcidPunk15 Forum Resident

I understand completely thx

11. shavvyhustler

shavvyhustler New Member

Hey Chazz. Back to my first year of university, I had the AKG Q460, the black ones. But then something happened with one of the earcup..unfortunately...Then I thought like I needed a wireless ones (more movement freedom and stuff). Currently using Marshall Major II Wireless, impressive sound, impressive, guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.