EAT B-Sharp table

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Michael LeCompte, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael LeCompte

Michael LeCompte Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just saw this table in Audio Advisor catalogue. For 1500 bucks with Ortofon blue cartridge looks very interesting . Anyone have one? Curious about your experience

2. jlykos

jlykos Forum Resident

Haven't heard that one, but I auditioned the C-Sharp with an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge at my dealer. Turntable was very well built with great rhythm and timing. It was snappy and detailed. Tonality was excellent. I thought that it offered a lot of value for its price.

If I was in the market for a $1500 turntable, I would definitely look at this company's offerings.

Manimal likes this.
  3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Have you considered the Marantz TT15S1? Same price, comes with arguably a better cart and has been established as being pretty much the top pick for value/sound ratio.

I've convinced one member to buy one and he loves his. My father-in-law bought one on my recommendation and now listens to music every evening. Beforehand, he did not at all.

Also, we both manage to buy it at $1200 making it an even better deal.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    H8SLKC likes this.
  4. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

Only heard a Eat Flat as friend has one with a cadenza black fantastic deck , great build & fab looks
    Eat built at the project works as owner is the wife of projects boss
    you can tell these are designed by a woman as they look cool
    Eat glo phono stage as a example

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manimal, bluemooze and Don Parkhurst like this.
  5. Michael LeCompte

what interested me in this deck was all the adjustments you could make to the cartridge height, angle, etc etc. Seemed more versatily than the Rega 6 whidh is also new. More options in the $1500-200 price range

AmericanHIFI likes this.
  6. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

The EAT tables are a very nice addition to the market! Go to the EAT web site and have a look.

And yes the company was started by the wife of the guy who owns Pro-Ject, but if you ask me...I dont think she has much to do with designing those tables. Id go so far and bet money, the owner of Pro-Ject wanted to do something nice for the wife and gave her the company. When EAT was only making Tubes and other accessories, I never heard of wife owning anything untill they started making tables years later....then she comes out as owener. She has a engineering team already in place. Chances are the same team designs both brands from what I see at the EAT site. And they have other table that arent sold in the USA. EAT tables and Pro-Ject tables look very much a like in designs....oh...and I love all the tone arms on the EAT tables as well as the upper end Pro-Ject tables.

dchang81 likes this.
  7. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident

I read an article about her somewhere. IIRC, she was an engineer at the Czech factory that makes the tables for Pro-Ject, and later took it over. So, if true, she may have more cred than the hubby, and it may have been her that wanted to do something nice for him..

SandAndGlass and Fishoutofwater like this.
  8. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

Underwood Hi Fi sells these and I've done a lot of business with Walter over the years. He gave me the story on these - if I hadn't of bought my Technics I would have bought one of these for sure.

9. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

E.A.T. (European Audio Team) turntables and electronics. The company was founded more than ten years ago by Jozefina Krahulcova (now Lichtenegger) to produce and distribute vacuum tubes. The tubes, partially manufactured at the Tesla factory in the Czech Republic
    While Jozefina later married to Pro-Ject founder Heinz Lichtenegger, and the E.A.T. turntables are built at the Pro-Ject factory, rest assured that the designs are Jozefina's and if you think otherwise you've not met Jozefina! Her designs are technically competent, making use of some parts common to Pro-Ject designs, but much is unique in these 'tables as the E-Flat's flat arm makes obvious. But Jozefina also pays attention to style, producing turntables that are as attractive as they are high performance.

10. Slippers-on

I'd lose the bet if she is n engineer......any online cred stating such any place? But in the end, I'd gladly eat crow.

dchang81 likes this.
  11. Davey

Davey NP: Portishead ~ Portishead (1997)

Ken Kessler did a nice piece on her and the factory a few years ago. I think she's doing some pretty nice work and has been for quite awhile, on her own and partnered with Pro-Ject... http://www.europeanaudioteam.com/c2/downloads/ken-kessler-factory-tour-d0074.pdf

Manimal, Slippers-on and juno6000 like this.
  12. Slippers-on

Thanks for that article....looks like she was getting a MBA in economics but learned about audio hands on. Leads me to believe I was right about her not having an engineers degree...she goes on to say when she bought the tube company she took the experienced people with her, and because of her husband it made the jump to TT smooth

dchang81 and Strat-Mangler like this.
  13. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Would this even be an issue at all if the founder were male? Weird point of view in a thread about a turntable.

DanBNash and Mad shadows like this.
  14. Davey

Davey NP: Portishead ~ Portishead (1997)

Sometimes it feels like we're still living the 1950s around here.

Mad shadows likes this.
  15. Strat-Mangler

Huh? His point of contention is the insinuation she is an engineer when she is not and that her position was acquired due to whom she knows, not her talents or work. How you zeroed in on the gender of the person being discussed here speaks more about you than him.

No, it feels like 2017 where people find ways to get recreationally outraged at people for no good reason.

Manimal, formu_la, Tlay and 4 others like this.
  16. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I'm not at all outraged. Just thought it odd that a post bout making turntables assumed the woman must've acquired her position this way:
    "Id go so far and bet money, the owner of Pro-Ject wanted to do something nice for the wife and gave her the company." How is this relevant?

Shiver likes this.
  17. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident

18. Slippers-on

Its no big deal if shes not an engineer.....I just had a hunch she wasn't....and I've had that hunch for a few years now. But she has a great company and I wouldn't blink twice if I was in the market to get one of her tables....I heard the C-Sharp 2 years ago at an audio show.....pleasing to the ears and the eyes...!

Now if you're talking cables...that's a different story. ...at least in my book:D.

19. Slippers-on

Oh brother!

Now you're making something out of nothing. You married? You got something against cats doing nice things for their wives? If I had the loot, I'd love to buy a company for my wife to call her own......you got something against that as well?

But I can say...the article was an eye opener for me.....I didn't know of any women engineers in audio and that article pointed out two or three of them. Good for them.....and, Good to know.

Manimal likes this.
  20. Strat-Mangler

It's relevant if one wishes to have credentials behind the designs to make them legitimate, especially in light of the products' prices which aren't cheap.

If you don't care, fine. But to go as far as throwing the accusation that another member is sexist for wanting some engineering clout behind a product is ludicrous and insulting.

If the person in question had been male, there's no way whatsoever that you'd be jumping on your soapbox so it looks more like yet another example of self righteousness rather than somebody wondering aloud about the reasons for a person's opinion.

Either way, if anything, @Slippers-on deserves an apology from you. And if you were wondering the reasons for his stance, you could have gone at it a completely other (and more civil) way. He's been a member long enough and with a history of balanced/nuanced views and certainly deserves better than knee-jerk reactions from those looking to make something out of nothing. Furthermore, lighten up.

dchang81, formu_la and Slippers-on like this.
  21. SpeedMorris

SpeedMorris Forum Resident

I wouldn't think Heinz is lacking for cred, is he? (Humming Debut Carbons notwithstanding.)

22. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

The Debut turntables from Pro-Ject aren't the only ones that hum. Not exactly engineering cred being demonstrated with those turntables.

dchang81 likes this.
  23. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

It's not common for a woman to own a turntable company ( I think it's cool), and it's a interesting point to talk about. No biggie

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  24. Michael LeCompte

Gee folks--I was looking for people that had this table and wanted to share views on its performance. For the price, it looks like it competes with the Rega but with more adjustments for the tonearm.

So can we perhaps get back on track and share views of its performance ???

Benzion, Gumboo and Strat-Mangler like this.
  25. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

Rega and I have divorced over 'irreconcilable differences' about VTA.

Benzion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.