Half.com Last Purchase

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just got two cds i have been wanting for along time..
    always looked on ebay.. over priced and bidding wars..
    The seller had those cds I wanted for along time..now my collection will be complete..
    Sigh, half .com was easy.. now it's just ebay.. afraid of discogs..
    I will miss half.com for being so easy buying stuff.:D:wave:

tmtomh likes this.
  2. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I agree it's not good when our options get narrowed. But I've had very good luck with discogs, and given how discogs and half are set up, IMHO you're more likely to get the exact pressing/version you're looking for from discogs than from half.

I also think Half's days have been numbered ever since eBay changed its fee structure and business model several years ago, resulting in a lot more Buy It Now items and items offered by business sellers (rather than just individuals).

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

half.com had better shipping rates, lower prices than ebay, Amazon, etc....and the sharks seem to tread lightly there...wonder why it failed?

Jeff Minn likes this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Discogs : Don't Be Skeered. :wtf:

deadcoldfish likes this.
  5. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Is there an announcement somewhere about Half.com closing? I keep reading about it here, but I don't see anything on their web site. Plus, I keep getting their marketing emails. I just got one this morning about buying cheaper textbooks through Half.com. Seems kind of late in the game to be doing that if they're closing in a few days.

6. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I was on Half last night and there was an 8/31 closing message pushing people toward eBay. I also got the textbook e-mail today.

7. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Oh yeah! I just logged on again and saw the closing message. It's one of five alternating ads, so I missed it earlier. I'm still waiting on one order from Half, so hopefully it will arrive before the end of the month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.