Gene Simmons box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A crucial band. Fluoride Snider even said they were one of the major influences on Craftwork.

2. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Any fans of Gene's Wall Of Sound from Monster? I think it rocks.

Purple, Haggis Wampovich and Curveboy like this.
  3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

to be honest the last 3 kiss albums genes songs really boosted the overall rating for me. that might be true of all the albums starting with revenge which includes 3 great gene songs

4. Sick Sick Phil

Sick Sick Phil Forum Resident

Comes out in Oct and will have 10 cds

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Yeah, that's a pretty good song.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Is there a press release or other source for this?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Sick Sick Phil

Sick Sick Phil Forum Resident

8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Gene Simmons - The Vault

Gene Simmons's long-promised box set of previously unreleased solo material, which has apparently had several different working titles over the years — including "Monster" (later used by KISS for the band's most recent studio album), "Alter Ego" and "100" — will finally see the light of day later this year.

In a newly released video message, the KISS bassist/vocalist states: "For the past three years, I've been working on something that I've wanted to share with you my entire life. I've gone through hours and hours of music I've recorded and written over the past fifty years to craft my career-spanning solo recordings box set. It's called 'The Vault'."

He continues: "'The Vault' is one hundred and fifty-plus never-before-released songs I've written, spanning fifty years, going all the way back to when I was fourteen years old, all the way to some of the songs that became KISS classics. Tens CDs right here, all inside 'The Vault'. It's finally ready to bring to you. Yeah, that's right, I said 'to bring to you,' because what I'm gonna be doing is something that's never been done before by any artist or band. I'm gonna hand-deliver 'The Vault' box set to you and to fans like you around the world."

Simmons adds: "I also wanted you to have really cool stuff: an exclusive Gene Simmons action figure, an 'In Gene We Trust' medallion, a beautiful full-color book packed with photos from my peronsal archives, and my stories behind the songs — and a very special surprise item from me to you. You're not gonna believe the things we found."

More information on "The Vault" will be made available at www.genesimmonsvault.com.

Simmons has released two solo albums and also written for and with other artists, including Bob Dylan and Donna Summer.

"I've always written 'outside' stuff," he explained in response to a fan question on his official web site back in 2009. "But KISS is KISS. And that means the outside stuff winds up on solo albums, or I keep it in the drawer."

Simmons's sophomore solo album, "*******", sold around 13,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release back in 2004 to land at position No. 86 on The Billboard 200 chart. Like Gene's 1978 self-titled solo album, "*******" featured a number of outside songwriting contributions and guest appearances. Bob Dylan and Gene co-wrote the album's "Waiting For The Morning Light". Frank Zappa and Gene share co-writing credit on "Black Tongue" and the Zappa Family, Dweezil, Ahmet, Moon, Gail and Frank Zappa himself sing and play guitar on the song.

Read more at GENE SIMMONS Announces 'The Vault' Box Set Of Previously Unreleased Solo Recordings

EVOLVIST and Curveboy like this.
  9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

10. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Gene has every right to be angry that people download music for free and keep him from earning money. But this release will almost surely be too expensive for the actual fans who will always, and have always, financially supported a KISS release. I think this is just sticking it to a whole lot of KISS fans who won't be able to buy this and just because you're mad at what the industry has become. And you're one of the 'haves' anyway, this is a slap in the face.

11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I'm calling $3,500 USD for this, too high too low?

12. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

This set drives me nuts. Go ahead and do a limited edition thing- that's fine but make a version that is a affordable for everybody. Even if it was like $ 100 that's fine. I don't need an actual vault with medallions, etc.

13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

but but... it's an exclusive "In Gene we trust" medallion :biglaugh::D:nyah::pineapple:.

14. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

posted over at the FAQ

The VAULT EXPERIENCE Includes:

Gene Meet & Greet: You and a guest will spend one-on-one time with Gene in your area
    “Songs & Stories” Playback Session and Q&A: You and a guest will attend an intimate Vault preview
    Gene photo/video/autograph session
    Gene hand delivers your limited-edition personalized Vault
    Vault Pre-Pack: Signed Golden Ticket, T-Shirt, Download Card (with “Are You Ready”), And laminate
    Prior to your experience, you’ll receive a one-on-one Skype call from Gene

Your numbered, limited-edition VAULT Includes:

150 never-released-before songs written and performed by Simmons, and featuring notable rock and roll artists including members of KISS past and present, packaged in a massive 12” x 12” x 6” leather-bound commemorative book featuring dozens of never-seen-before images of Simmons over his 50-year career
    Limited-edition collectibles including a Gene Simmons businessman action figure and an “In Gene We Trust” oversized coin
    A one-of-a-kind, hand-selected original piece of memorabilia from Gene’s personal collection

The VAULT EXPERIENCE will be available from January 2018 through December 2018. Please select a date from the list below:

[​IMG]

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. SizzleVonSizzleton

No idea, but taking your price, I think a hundred (or a thousand) fans should get together and put in $35 ($3.50) each and immediately put it online to be downloaded for free. :idea::righton:

Crazy as it is money wise, I have zero problem if KISS wants to charge $15,000 for a $1,500 guitar on their Kruise, but this is the music, the thing that's going to last long past their deaths. Which should be available at a fair price.

16. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

I am Groot

LEONPROFF, Carserguev and Deuce66 like this.
  17. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

No vinyl no buy for me. Plus I would love Peter Criss solo years box set. His solo stuff is absolutely awesome.

18. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Why can't he put something out that people can just buy. Not only is it going to be ridiculously expensive, but I don't want medallions and I don't really want to meet Gene. I just want to hear Kansas City Kitty :laugh: Give me a way to buy Kansas City Kitty without all this rigmarole and then leave me alone!

19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

and it gets better

Interesting FAQ information about Gene Simmons Vault:

How To Contact Us

In the US, call us at 1-833-GS VAULT (1-833-478-2858)
    Hours of operation TBD
    Outside of the US, the numbers are:

Russia
    Japan
    Germany
    England
    Finland
    Mexico
    Australia

Email us at [email protected]
    Or use our contact form: XXXXX

General Questions

Can I exchange the special item?

Nope

What payment methods do you accept?

All major credit cards and Paypal.

Is there an installment payment plan available?

Yes. Just use the “Bill Me Later” option on Paypal.

How will the charge appear on my credit card statement?

NEED INFO

The Vault Experience

Will I be able to get anything signed during the Vault Experience?

Yes! Gene will sign up to 2 items (No Instruments) during your Vault Experience. If time allows at night he will sign an additional 2 items.

Will I be able to have a picture taken with Gene Simmons?

Yes, a photographer will take a photo of you and your guest on both your cell phone and professionally. The professional photograph will be available on (WEBSITE-LINKNEEDED) You will be able to access it via a code given to you when you receive your vault. Your photograph will be available for 30 days. After which they will be deleted from the site. Your photograph will be visible to the Gene Simmons The Vault attendees. If you do not want your photograph uploaded please let us know in advance.

Can I give gifts/letters to Gene?

Of course. Note that your time with Gene is yours. If you choose to spend it giving The Demon gifts that is fine. Each person and their guest only have 10 minutes with Gene when they receive their Vault. You decide how to spend it.

Will video cameras or recording equipment be allowed?

You may record videos with your cell phones or handheld devices. Professional video cameras or recording equipment will not be allowed.

Where and when will the Vault Experience take place?

The event will take place sometime between November 1rst 2017 and April 2018 depending on your city. Once the date and city are locked in the Vault Experience will happen in the ballroom of a hotel. Detailed information will be emailed to you a week before the event.

When do I get my Vault Box Set?

Your personalized Vault will be handed to your directly by Gene Simmons at a designated time and date on the Vault Experience tour in a city by you.

How long will the event last?

Each Vault buyer and their guest will get 5 or so minutes with Gene in which they will receive your vault. Before and after your allotted time you are welcome to hang out in the ballroom, talk with other fans, enjoy snacks and listen to music.

When will I receive my official signed certificate and Gene Simmons Vault Experience laminate?

The certificate will be mailed to you within 3 to 4 weeks of paying for your Gene Simmons Vault Experience. When you and your guest arrive at the Vault Experience you will get your laminate.

Will I be receiving information via email?

Yes. All details including location, date and time will be sent to you via email. A detailed email about the day of event schedule will then arrive one week before your Vault Experience.

Who can I talk to if I have questions about my Vault purchase or experience?

See contact infomation above.

Are travel expenses included?

No. You are responsible for all of your own travel plans and costs including: airfare, ground transportation and hotel accommodations.

Is there an option to have the Vault Box Set mailed to me?

Gene wants to meet every fan who buys the Vault. But if you are unable to travel or wish to skip the experience you can buy The Vault and have it directly shipped to your home. Please note the price is the same whether or not you choose to have the experience.

What is your cancellation/refund policy?

There is none. If you can’t make it to your Vault city you have the option to pick a different city. (See below for restrictions.) If Gene has to cancel or there is a natural disaster we reserve the right to reschedule the Vault Experience at a later date. If that is not possible than you can either get The Vault mailed direct (without an experience) or receive a full refund.

What happens if I have a scheduling conflict for the Vault Experience?

You may pick a different city in which to receive your vault. Please note you can only change your city once and notice must be given within 72 hours.

Return to top

The Home Experience
    Gene Simmons: Vault Home Experience

Will Gene Simmons really be coming to my home?

Yes! The “God Of Thunder” will be coming to your home and personally hand delivering your Vault box set to you.

How long will Gene Simmons stay at my house?

Gene will be at your house for a full two hours (120 minutes.)

How many of my friends can I invite to the party?

There can be total of twenty-five (25) guest at your Gene Simmons Home Experience including you.

Who else will be traveling with Gene?

Gene will arrive at your house with a label representative and security personnel.

Will Gene be in full makeup and Costume?

No. No he will not.

What will happen during my Vault Home Experience?

Gene will hand deliver your Vault to you in your home. He will hang out with you and your friends for two hours. In that time he will take photos, sign autographs (No Instruments) and listen to songs from the Vault with you.

Will Gene supply food and drink?

No. Gene will be bringing the Vault. You as the host will be bringing the party. You are in charge of supplying food and drinks.

Are there any restrictions?

Out of respect to Gene we ask that there be no smoking or illegal drugs at your Vault Home Experience.

Will he be playing any music?

Maybe. If you have an acoustic guitar around Gene may strum a few tunes for you and your guests.

Will I be able to get anything signed during the Vault Experience?

Yes! Gene will sign up to 2 items (No Instruments) per person during your Vault Home Experience.

Yes. Take as many photos as you wish during your 2 hours with Gene.

Of course. Note that your time with Gene is yours. If you choose to spend it giving The Demon gifts that is fine.

You may record videos with your cell phones or hand held devices. Professional video cameras or recording equipment will not be allowed. There may be a camera crew following Gene for a documentary. If you allow them to film, you will be given footage from your Vault Home Experience.

Can I ask Gene Simmons questions about Kiss?

You can ask whatever you want. He's there to hang out with you and loves to tell stories.

Will Gene Simmons clean my house?

No. The Demon does not do housework including windows.

When will Gene Simmons come to my house for the Vault Home Experience?

The event will take place sometime between January 2018 and January 2019. A date and time that works best for you will be determined based on your location and Gene's touring schedule.

When do I get my Vault Box Set?

Your personalized Vault will be handed to your directly by Gene Simmons when he arrives at your home for your Vault Home Experience.

When will I receive my official signed certificate and Gene Simmons Vault Home Experience laminate and T-shirts?

The certificate will be mailed to you within 2 weeks of paying for your Gene Simmons Vault Home Experience. Your 25 laminates and 25 T-shirts will arrive a week before your actual Home Experience.

Yes. All details including date and time of your Vault Home Experience will be sent to you via email. A detailed email about the day of event schedule will then arrive one week before your Vault Home Experience.

If you have to reschedule you must do it 2 weeks in advance of your Vault Home Experience. That way a new date can be worked out. If you have to cancel it must be done 2 weeks in advance of your scheduled Home Experience and you will be charged a 10% cancellation fee ($5,000) If Gene has to cancel or there is a natural disaster we will work to reschedule your Vault Home Experience at a later date. If that is not possible you will receive a full refund.

Return to top

The Producer Experience

Will my name really be on the eventual box set?

Yes it will. Gene wants fan input to make this the ultimate box set and you will receive a credit in the packaging.

How much time will I get with Gene?

You and your guest get one full hour (60 minutes) in the studio with Gene Simmons.

Will I be able to get anything signed during the Producer Experience?

Yes! Gene will sign up to 4 items (No Instruments) during your Vault Producers Experience.

Yes. during the 2 hours in the studio you can take as many photos as you want.

To avoid leaking of music only still photography will be allowed when playing music. We want to keep the Producers Experiences personal and exclusive. You may record videos with your cell phones or hand held devices at the end of the playback session when the music reviewing part of the experience is done. Professional video cameras or recording equipment will not be allowed.

Of course. Just nothing perishable, illegal, dangerous or communicable.

When will my Producers Experience take place?

Producers Experiences will take place sometime between August 2017 and November 2017. When you purchase the Producers Experience you get to select the city and studio. A full schedule can be seen on the site.

When will I receive my official signed certificate and Gene Simmons Vault Experience Pre-Pack?

The certificate and Producers Laminate will be emailed to you 2 weeks in advance of your Producers Experience. Your Vault pre-pack (t-shirt & USB) will be mailed to you in early December 2017.

When do I get my Vault?

Your personalized Vault, which includes your name as an executive producer, will be shipped to your home in early 2018. (Street Date January 1, 2018)

Yes. All details including location, date and time will be sent to you via email weeks in advance. A final detailed email about the day of event schedule will then arrive one week before your Vault Experience.

Are travel expenses included?

No. You are responsible for all of your own travel plans and costs including: airfare, ground transportation and hotel accommodations.

If you can’t make it to your Vault Producers Experience city you have the option to pick a different city. (Some restrictions apply.) If Gene has to cancel or there is a natural disaster we reserve the right to reschedule the Vault Producers Experience at a later date. If that is not possible you will receive a full refund.

What happens if I have a scheduling conflict for the Vault Producers Experience?

You may pick a different city in which to receive their vault. Please note you can only change your city once and notice must be given with 1 week advanced notice.

vitorbastos123 and Purple like this.
  20. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

If Gene does not make a version that is just the 10 CD's, without all of the other swag, for a lower price, that will be a monumentally-stupid decision. I love Gene and KISS, but sorry, I won't be forking over a small fortune for the extra stuff I don't want or need. Well, the book will be kick-ass I'm sure, but not worth shelling out however many extra dollars he wants for it.

And he's not hand-delivering every single one of these, folks. Just select, randomly-drawn fans will get such an honor. Which is definitely cool. (And if he literally is hand-delivering every single one of these, it means it will be obscenely expensive and he knows he won't be selling many of them. Which would be dumb.) EDIT: never mind, I see further details about different "levels" have since been posted.

I had read he was working with Rhino on this, so if he is, I'm sure there will be a stripped-down version of this for those of us not named Rockefeller, Buffett or Trump.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  21. SizzleVonSizzleton

I see he flat out mentions Eddie and Alex Van Halen, presumably the Love Gun album demos. I've actually been 60/40 (sometimes 40/60) about whether these really exist. I hope they are all (because there's supposedly 3 songs) there.

I do find it funny that there's a mention of "150" songs and "150 plus" songs. Uh, how about an actual number. I presume this thing is in the pipeline and the final track list is done.

Matthew Tate and npgchris like this.
  22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

You can select the HOME EXPERIENCE - that's going to be pricy. The Vault Experience, you get 5 minutes with Gene and some stale chips/dip.

23. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

I guess the "Home Experience" can be yours for the bargain price of $50,000 (!), if the fine print is to be believed. It says you will forfeit 10%, or $5000, if you have to cancel your Home Experience.

24. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Sometimes "Vault" is like a slap in the face, you been burned and still
    It's the same old mistake
    If you want my opinion, I'll give it to you straight
    "
    Vault" is like a slap in the face

25. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

I'm surprised he doesn't have a "hotel" experience for the ladies to purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.