Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident Thread Starter

A separate thread to discuss rumored and confirmed releases of McCartney's extensive back catalogue.

Paulwalrus, CDC and 905 like this.
  2. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

4. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Can you elaborate? What are some of the rumors?

RAJ717 likes this.
  5. leeroy jenkins

I think after about 20 or 30 pages of off topic banter on the McCartney new album thread, the consensus was that some McCartney albums (8) are soon to be released in 3 physical formats (1 being colored vinyl) on Capitol records. No new material related to these releases.

This has not (and I stress not) been confirmed by MPL. Someone correct me if I am not reciting the most recent rumor.

6. Arnold Grove

The rumor is that that there will be straight reissues of 8 of the albums previously released in Archive editions. But this time, they will be on the Capitol label as reissues of the original albums (meaning no bonus tracks, as on the Archive sets). Probably on CD and LP (but NO box set), with colored vinyl LPs possibly being an extra enticement.

No official announcement yet, so we've been guessing away in the other thread on Paul's new album (which seems to be set for 2018, not 2017).

andrewskyDE, Sean, DK Pete and 4 others like this.
  7. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I'm in! From what I can tell from the other thread(s) there's something or some things coming in the not-too-distant future (like before the end of the year?) Paul should just hire someone (or choose a volunteer) to assemble everything to sell on his website. There really is a vast* amount of material that should be gathered together in one place, both for reference and revenue.

*Insert your pirate joke here.:shh:

8. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

Oh wow, first I'm hearing of this. :cry:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. Another Beatles thread because folks can't discuss more than one thing at a time at the other new album thread.

10. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

So, in all seriousness, this seems like just a straight release to get all material under the Capitol records label and back in print?

Am I off base here?

11. Arnold Grove

12. Arnold Grove

That seems to be the case, at least for the previously released Archive albums (so we'll be getting Band On The Run, Tug Of War, and McCartney and 5 other albums, but not Red Rose Speedway nor London Town). But no official confirmation yet.

13. leeroy jenkins

People interested in the new album were having to read pages of posts just to find out there was no news regarding the new album. That's why I started this thread. Just trying to keep the other one on topic.

14. You know when there is actually a new album anounced then there will be a new thread for the new album . :tiphat:

15. leeroy jenkins

Well, there has to at least be a separate best price, shipping and returns thread. I think it's some type of law or something.

Max Florian, Klassik, mrjinks and 3 others like this.
  16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That, and a thread discussing which shipping method his label will use to distribute his new album.

17. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Why all the angst about multiple Paulie/Beatles threads? The Beatles are Catholic, as in Universal. That is why we like them so much all over creation.

Carry on.

Please do Wings Wild Live and Red Rose Speedway.

18. Don't worry. There will be at least three separate threads about whatever Macca eventually puts out and every tenth post will mention Bip Bop.

I seem to be one of the few who loves the song and thinks Wild Life is one of his top 5 albums. For real.

19. Arnold Grove

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Klassik, Mr. Explorer and Miller92473 like this.
  20. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

21. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Seems puzzling if that is the case.

Most of the regular 2cd archive releases are available (at least on Amazon).

I would think that the rest of the archive releases (Flaming Pie, Press To Play, Broadstreet, red rose speedway, wild life, London Town, back to the Egg, etc.) would be most important.

Then a new album, unreleased tracks, and getting everything else back in print.

Clearly, I don't work at mpl either.

22. Arnold Grove

Yes, it is underwhelming (if it comes to pass). I mean who gets excited about reissues without bonus tracks.

But as I said in the other thread, the colored vinyl LPs will probably look very nice (again, if they are indeed released).

phillyal1 likes this.
  23. helter

helter Forum Resident

I was hoping Band on the Run would be included because I'm envious of those people who have like 12 copies of Pet Sounds and that maybe I could add to my collection of multiple copies of Band on the Run with yet another reissue?
    This also might qualify me from my health insurance company for free psychotherapy sessions:cheers:

No Bull, dbsea, John Bliss and 8 others like this.
  24. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Yeah, that was my first reaction as well. Most of the 2-CD sets are still available at reasonable prices. So I guess this is just more of re-branding exercise (from Concord to Capitol) but without any new enticements, who is the target buyer?

25. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Wank 3 times left, then 3 times right, and the first hint to the press release appears, we know something you don't ;) ;) ;).

*one other user liked this post*

Klassik and PaperbackBroadstreet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.