Gene Simmons box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

$10K-$50K apparently that's the price range, no plans for retail/Itunes or anything of that nature.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. erickana666

erickana666 Forum Resident

He is out of his mind ! We've been waitingnsince 1993nfor the mother of all box set, and nobody will get it ?
    Its sad to be a long time kiss fan...
    He can charge $400 for 10 cds and a book, but not $10000. Give me sophie for 1 hour, and i will think about it.

3. Steel Woole

Steel Woole Senior Member

11 cds....

4. erickana666

$10000 for 10cds was a no, but 11 cds maybe

izgoblin, jay.dee, npgchris and 4 others like this.
  5. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I wouldn't even take a box set of his music for free.

6. erickana666

I hope we will get a bare bone version of this. If not its so stupid to work on this for so long and then selling 3 copies. I dont think people are enough stupid to pay it with hisntsg price

npgchris, Davidmk5 and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Any chance for Geraldo Rivera to do "The Vault" unboxing TV special?

8. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Well, that comes out to less than one thousand dollars a cd. A bargain when you consider 'Stanley the Parrot' is worth 8 grand all by itself.

npgchris and Davidmk5 like this.
  9. knob twirler

And then Gene files suit against the 20 people who paid for the box to keep the contents from being pirated. That's customer service, 21st century rock star style. Metallica may join and make it a class action suit.

10. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I don't believe in thread-crapping, and I'm not going to change that here. Very tempted if these reports are accurate.

Rne, Maurice and RockRoom like this.
  11. knob twirler

Bargain level gets you a night with Tommy imitating the way he thinks Ace would have had sex with you in the 70s.

Which means drinking a bottle of Kristal (sic?) and passing out on the floor...

12. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

Brilliant!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

13. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Gene will not miss out on making a dime....this will certainly be available at a more "reasonable" price down the line. No doubt. His ego wants these "gems" heard by the masses and he will milk every cent out of them. I will buy it when it hits around 200 bucks.

Davidmk5, Matthew Tate and Curveboy like this.
  14. Reasonable is a relative term.

Curveboy likes this.
  15. I'll never understand the talk about Gene being "greedy."

Is the owner of a football team greedy?

How about the producer of the latest Hollywood blockbuster mega-feature?

Gene Simmons is merely creating more financial security for his children, and their children, and their children's children.

Simmons is a businessman in the entertainment industry. His job is to provide entertainment. In a world where the price of admission to watch a boxing match - one that is fleeting and only as good as your memory - at $3,521 bucks a seat, Simmons is offering something wholly unique, in that it will last forever.

It's a great American proposition. Every boxset will sell. Guaranteed!

I simply cannot disparage anybody who worked their way from nothing to creating their own empire like Gene Simmons, or Ralph Lauren, or Ken Langone.

It must be good to be Gene Simmons.

16. What sports team owner mostly depends on selling merchandise and not building a successful team over the past 25 or 30 years?

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  17. jo66hn

jo66hn Forum Resident

Mr Simmons has always been much better at making money than he was at playing an instrument or writing a song.
    I think he missed his true vocation.

18. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

For 43 years any KISS album released (including a previous box set) was available for a price reasonable to the other records from A-J and L-Z.

This is just the ugly side of Gene that enjoys pissing people off. It's hard to square the guy who does good work for wounded soldiers and has always talked about 'the fans are the boss' with the guy who would stick it to the very people he claims to serve.

19. How they sell the product isn't the point. The point is that they're selling entertainment, both Gene and Robert Kraft and Bob McNair.

You don't get to walk in the tunnel, meet the cheerleaders, get player autographs and sit in a skybox suite for the price of general admission.

Gene Simmons has been building a brand, too, for the last 45+ years. It has a name, too. It also is a commodity that you can take or leave.

nodeerforamonth and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. But the people who are getting pissed off are only the pissoffable. If someone is overtly prone to getting pissed off over such an innocuous thing as a limited boxset, or whatever comes out of Gene's mouth, then it seems to me that there are issues afoot that go a lot deeper than Gene Simmons.

If we don't like it, there's only two tried-and-true, good ol' American virtues to exercise here. One is to forget about it and say it's not for me, and the other is to just wait around and torrent the damn thing.

That'll teach Gene Simmons to piss me off! :D

21. Got it. So, we better ask the gorts to move this thread out of Music Corner...

22. Mike burgess

Mike burgess Forum Resident

I think it's a genius idea! If this is how he wants to er, purvey his 'art' , then good for him. There are people rich enough to be able to afford it. He is the consummate merchandiser after all. No problem with it, I'm no so self entitled to think he owes me a normal widespread release. Chutzpah to the max!

Sean and EVOLVIST like this.
  23. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I'm not going to go down the 99%/1% rabbit hole but if an Occupy Gene movement begins, I want my royalties!:cool:

EVOLVIST likes this.
  24. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

I wouldn't want him in my doorway.

Dr. Mudd likes this.
  25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I won't bite unless it's $100 .............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.