Big Brother 19

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fernando

Mr. Fernando Forum Resident

Going back to the days of Dr. Will. I don't recall him being a deplorable human being. I may be misremembering.

rburly likes this.
  2. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

SEASON 3 he goes out 3rd not too bad

rburly likes this.
  3. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Dr. Will was different. He was a smirking bad boy who was winking at the audience. There was a cartoonish quality to his antics that allowed him to walk a fine line between awful and watchable. Others in the house dove head first into the pool of deplorable behavior like the girl who used an HG's toothbrush to clean the toilet. Evil Dick Donato was the tipping point of truly despicable behavior and the the season Andy won was probably the worst display of anti-social behavior by any one group.

Grant likes this.
  4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

I think the season of Aaryn & the other people. From there it's full on "anything is legal" type of play. The brute force verbal and almost physical fights aren't good for the show. Good for the network, but morally sketchy.

5. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I don't know, Will made my skin crawl all the times he was on the show. He and Boogie both I have a very strong aversion to. Big Brother has had a big number of very unlikable people on it through the years.

GLENN and rburly like this.
  6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Me too. Especially Boogie. Yeesh. My "No Exit" type of hell would have Boogie and Frankie as roommates.

anthontherun, rburly and applebonkerz like this.
  7. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Add in the muscle meat-head Jessie and you have the trifecta of constant annoyance.

Grant and zephyr25 like this.
  8. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Dr. Will bothered me, too but having nothing to compare it to, in hindsight I don't think he approaches the level of disgusting behavior we've seen on display since then. He also became somewhat neutered after his posse was picked off so he changed tactics.

rburly likes this.
  9. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

this year is an anomaly. usually people will fight tooth and nail to stay/win. we've got the paul effect this year and probably the least intelligent cast ever. I don't think its all bad, always a mix of people some you like some you hate. when they all act nice its boring (derricks season)

10. CirculationUnderflow

I got no problem with all the fights this season, my only problem is that season is skewly rigged toward paul with all the things I posted on the page before that its just makes watching it a total waste. they want us to believe that some 24 yr old rich mamas boys is smarter than everyone on this cast and it just insults intelligence and they have done it 2 seasons in a row now. but dang it looks like cbs is gonna get my money again for celebrity bb. but this season I have never heard not one person care if paul beats them and there is a reason for that

11. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Bad behavior can be highly entertaining. Zach of Zankie fame is a perfect example. One of my favorite lines from BB - "you fruitloop dingus." Where has he gone? Probably hiding from the supremely obnoxious Frankie Grande.

Grant likes this.
  12. rburly

Josh told Alex that's she's the target this week and she took it hard. The interesting part is that she knows Paul put Josh up to it. As I type, Paul/Xmas are massaging Alex, and Josh is now questioning Xmas.

13. CirculationUnderflow

its all a lot of nothing except fodder for the feeders, josh should just tell both em to F off

good that alex is telling paul to f off basically but really YOU had hoh last week and put up kevin and ravin, what do you expect alex

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    rburly likes this.
  14. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

What concerns me more than the houseguests over the years is the public who support the bullies.

But, you know what? It's television, and this stuff gets ratings. People say they don't like the people in that house, but they are all watching it, tweeting about it, on Facebook about it, and supporting the bad people. An awful lot of people out there like Evil Dick, Cody, Will and Boogie, Jessica, and a lot of other rotten people who have been on that show have their die-hard fans. Even Aaron Greis, Ginamarie Zimmerman, and Clawson Spencer have their fans and think they were treated unfairly. If we had had social media back then, i'm sure Justin Sebik, Shannon Dragoo, Devon Shepard, and William Collins (Mega) would have had their fans too.

15. Grant

He's not, but a lot of people don't like him. A lot of it probably has to do with his buddy Boogie. He has bgotten himself into a lot of stuff since the show ended.

And, what about Janelle? I seem to recall that she was a miserable player, yet she's a media darling now.

16. Grant

And, if you all remember, CBS changed the nature of the show because everyone banded together in a lovefest in the first season. It made for very boring TV with Brittany and George being heroes. Soonafter, other BBs from around the world started following the U.S. format of allowing luxuries, washing machines, food from grocery stores, and nothing to do but sit around and scheme. The first BB had them raising their own chickens and washing clothes with a washboard. Now all their food comes from Ralph's down the street!

Oh yeah, and how about BB continually casting wannabe famous people or siblings, and throwing popular people back in the show? Seriously, the BB producers have no imagination. They keep doing the same lame things year after year, and it's the very vocal twenty-something fans that like it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  17. Mr. Fernando

Mr. Fernando Forum Resident

Janelle was a media darling then and a fan favorite. Though in her case there were a lot worse players in her season like Cappy, Maggie, Ivette, and April that made it very easy to root for Janelle.

anthontherun, applebonkerz and rburly like this.
  18. rburly

It's a lot of drama online. I think that's what also draws people to the show.

19. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

And America determined the winner. After all these years, I wonder how different the outcome would be from choosing the one-legged good guy? Maybe BB should reinstate audience voting just to see where it stacks up with the house votes? These days, this would be very interesting indeed.

20. Grant

I didn't root for her, and I don't think she's pretty. We're focusing mostly on the bad male players, but there certainly hasn't been a shortage of bad or despicable female players.

21. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Most of the people y'all are mentioning are lost to the sands of time for me but I do remember that awful blonde girl who went to final 2 in season 4 I believe. She, along with toothbrush girl, was one of the earliest female HGs I can remember hating.

22. CirculationUnderflow

hopefully this cast will be lost in the sands of time on the 21st of this month.

GEE how long are they gonna badger josh, they have been doing this for like 2 hours now

23. rburly

Remember Donnie? I wish they'd throw a couple people like him to balance out the sociopathy.

applebonkerz likes this.
  24. Grant

Maybe that's why I don't remember him. He wasn't crazy or evil enough?

BB Over The Top last fall had some real nasty people on it. One guy was accused of sexual harassment, and one guy was accused of being racist towards him. There was an alliance of some real mean girls who hated men. One was teased for her looks. One was a southern snob. They make this year's cast look nice.

25. rburly

You remember him Grant. He was the maybe middle-aged white guy from the South with the beard. The beard was the most distinguishing part of him. He would sit in the back yard every morning and talk to the camera. He was a decent guy, so he was voted out. He was the only voice of reason that season. It was refreshing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.