Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Cokelike-

Cokelike- Forum Resident

Yeah, that was pretty much the only thing I really thought could have been planned.

2. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Thanks for your thoughful response and observations. It's nice to know you've noticed the variety of graphic quality in films, it really is all over the place.

In contemporary projects there's a strong likelihood that the graphics will get proper care and attention. There are now scores of graphic designers working in film and TV, back when I began it was just a few of us, with much of the work sent to sign shops and prop houses. Having in house craftspeople is a great boon to the Art Dept., and helps all involved maintain control over the process and hopefully yield the right results for each project.

I was surprised by how large the Bushnell Mullins poster was printed, actual boxing posters are usually a fair bit smaller. But as the only object of set decoration on the wall it needed to have some scale to it.

3. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

Wounded Land likes this.
  4. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

Did you use a 1950s shot of Don Murray and graft it onto a boxer's body or is it all another person?

5. Bowie Fett

TP fans, she didn't squash the S4 question...

brittyn•4h

Thank you so much for bringing season 3 to the fans! Are there any plans for a season 4 or movie? If no, is there anything we (as fans) can do to help?

SabrinaSOfficial•2h

I'm still caught up in Season 3 to even think about Season 4 or a movie. I suppose you could show your interest to Showtime, but I'm not thinking of this yet. I want to finish this season first.

6. This may or may not be true, but the box thing at the beginning of the show was a kind of metaphor of the audience watching their TVs. Not sure what to expect and getting their faces chewed off by the Experiment.

7. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I was provided with a really great 1950's studio headshot of Don Murray and had to find a period correct boxer that could be composited with it. A thorough search turned up a photo of boxing great Rocky Marciano at Gettyimages.com that was a perfect fit.

8. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

Just finished this up. I was really disappointed with the ending. Brining back a show like TP, 25 years later is a difficult task. With a few issues here and there, I liked it a lot. However, for me that final episode really marred an otherwise great effort. I think the show deserved a coherent and poetic ending. It didn't need to be a happy ending or answer all of the questions. That's not Lynch's style. But I sure didn't want to see the entire TP universe in chaos before fading to black. At this point I don't care if it was all a dream or if there is a crazy answer in there somewhere. It was just pointless at the end. I'll try to ignore Ep 18 and pretend that it ended with Ep 17.

Rfreeman and Vidiot like this.
  9. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Just think....if things were different, we could have gotten *these* woodsmen!

[​IMG]

Walt and rburly like this.
  10. liv3evil

liv3evil Forum Resident

'Just You' is on the 'Twin Peaks: Season Two Music and More" Soundtrack, released in 2007.

'Heartbreaking' is on the other mostly-dramatic-underscore soundtrack, which is roughly 75% new (and old) Badalamenti and 25% Dean Hurley, David Lynch, Chromatics, Johnny Jewel, and the phenomenal performance/recording of Penderecki's 'Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima', used to great (!) effect in Ep. 8.

Music from the Limited Event Series (mostly a compilation of Roadhouse performances):
    Various - Twin Peaks - Music From The Limited Event Series

Limited Event Series Soundtrack:
    Various - Twin Peaks: Limited Event Series Soundtrack

I listened to and enjoyed both of the new Twin Peaks albums this past weekend. There are a couple of tracks that made me want to hit SKIP on my CD player (Shawn Colvin's 'Leaving Las Vegas' makes me cringe), otherwise I enjoyed both albums from start-to-finish. I suspect I will revisit the soundtrack album often.

11. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

I've heard a lot of people say this. Personally, I think that the ending was both coherent and poetic, and far from pointless. It was my second favorite episode after 16.

12. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Twin Peaks: The Return is coming to Blu-ray!

This from a Reddit chat with Sabrina Sutherland, executive producer on the show, who says she is still at work on Season 3:

MilkcanRocks
    "Are there any details that you can share regarding the release of Twin Peaks - The Return on home media? Release dates? Behind the scenes? A 'how to' video for a recipe of a side dish to go with quinoa? Thank you again for your time!"

SabrinaSOfficial
    "I can only say that CBS Home Entertainment is cooking up something special for the Blu-ray/DVDs. I'm sure they'll be announcing something soon. And... I love that cooking video!!! Did you know that's where the frogmoth was born? No, not during the video, but during that 1960's trip David made to Europe. Pretty interesting!"

And later:
    "CBS Home Entertainment will announce something soon!!"

[I'm Sabrina Sutherland, Executive Producer of Twin Peaks. AMA.] • r/twinpeaks

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  13. Bowie Fett

Showtime will stop airing/streaming the show on September 26. Expect news soon after.

bferr1 likes this.
  14. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I had no idea their "window" was so brief!

Bowie Fett likes this.
  15. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I re-streamed the final episode last night. I might as well pull the plug on Showtime now. I'd like to watch it again but will never find the time. Plus, I've already watched every episode about three times so I know it inside and out. Best to rest until the blu-ray, which I hope will be sooner rather than later.

I hope it comes with limited edition golden seed and Dougie Jones Lucky 7 Insurance business card. Make your own tulpa kit. Maybe a bar graph or pie chart to help us understand what the hell we just saw. Commentary tracks from The Arm (David Lynch in character. Yes, I assume it's him. Woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-woo....).

Gardo, Plinko, Bowie Fett and 2 others like this.
  16. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I have all the episodes recorded on my DVR, so I'm covered until the Blu-ray is released.

Bowie Fett likes this.
  17. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Would love to see it include a printed, hardcover copy of the script!

kevywevy and Bowie Fett like this.
  18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Since the US set is out of print and Criterion has the rights to Fire Walk With Me now I wonder if we will get a stand alone set for season three and a new set of just the first two. Or a set of all three seasons together.

19. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

"I am the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray and I sound like this."

20. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

WOW DVD WOW

rontoon and GentleSenator like this.
  21. Bowie Fett

Someone deleted the first 13 on my DVR :waiting:

22. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I have mine locked for now so they can't be deleted. They ain't goin' anywhere!

Bowie Fett likes this.
  23. Me, too. It's probably a lot more coherent than what we saw, assuming Lynch did his typically improvising during production.

24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Nice Kyle McLaughlin interview here:

'Twin Peaks' Star Kyle MacLachlan on Divisive Finale: "Good Art Asks Questions"

About the ending, the actor says:

I am still processing it myself. I'm still processing what I saw. I know I filmed it. I filmed it a long time ago, actually. But I had no idea how it was going to fall into the context of everything. I'm still reeling. Reeling, I think, is the word about what it all means.

:eek:

25. Cokelike-

Cokelike- Forum Resident

Thanks to the wife, I've already got my hotel key. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]