Gene Simmons box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

Gene is doing what most musicians are doing now in classic rock, he's making money through the Meet 'n Greets and concerts. There is no money to be made in selling music anymore and selling this box set as part of Meet 'n Greet is the only way to make some substantial money in today's market for classic rock miusic.

I just hope later on an affordable budget version of this box will be released for the fans. If an cheaper version is later released I highly doubt all the Van Halen LoveGun demos will be included.

2. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

This vault seems like something a Bond villain would want to obtain to use for world domination. That kinda makes me want it...;)

Sean, Runicen and npgchris like this.
  3. JayB

JayB Senior Member

I'd argue that Dylan, the Grateful Dead and many other bands are still doing very well selling their music.

Heck the GD just released a boxset this year (Cornell 1977..11 CD's @ around $150.0o per box) and sold out all 15,000 copies in about 24 hours.

If you do the math there that's a pretty good chunk of change.

Sean, jay.dee and npgchris like this.
  4. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

Most of these musicians used to sell gold and platinum. None of them are selling at those levels anymore.

5. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

All I know is, the idea of creating music, but then making it available to only a very privileged select few, seems the very antithesis of what art is supposed to be about. But I'm probably just hopelessly old-fashioned!

In any event, I don't think most people have an issue with him offering a mega-expensive/mega-rare "deluxe" version of this thing. The fact that he's willing to hand deliver these to certain folks, and hang out for a while with them, is actually very cool. Just make a "normal" version available to those of us who are not wealthy. Which describes probably 95-98% of KISS' fan base.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  6. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Well, Jeffrey Loria and the Florida Marlins come to mind but I suppose that's a topic for a different website...
    :hide:

Sean and MrSka57 like this.
  7. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Sure, but the problem here is there is no general admission.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  8. Sure there is. General admission is the rest of KISS stuff. The stuff that's already out there. This boxset is all of the other special things that can't be had without paying the big bucks.

I understand the point, though. People want this boxset to be general admission, too. They say it makes no sense to offer it only for a select few. If only life was that way, though. It's not.

therockman likes this.
  9. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Oh I'm pretty sure that's where you're wrong. This stuff will be available. There will be a 'regular' version somewhere down the line.

That is where the real money is and there is simply no way Gene will leave it on the table. And when it comes out it will have all the same crap the big spenders paid Gene to bring to their house. That way everybody's pissed. Perfect Gene. :laugh:

npgchris, Runicen and Sandinista like this.
  10. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

You Wanted the Rest, you got the Rest... or rust.

Sean and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

As much as I love Kiss and Gene, I have officially accepted the fact he is a business man first and a musician second.

Ethan B likes this.
  12. :laugh: Well, I never said that there wouldn't be a regular version. I'm just talking about the opportunity now. I mean, once upon a time only the big spenders could afford automobiles. Now almost everybody has one. Maybe in the future everyone will have a skybox seat, only there will be something greater for those with the big bucks.

13. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Seems like $2,000 is the low end meet-n-greet

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  14. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

The second time I met Gene Simmons was at the Indy500 - he was walking down the infield hospitality area alone...stopped him, shook his hand and said "I've made you a lot of money over the years..." He asked how and I explained that I owned a record store that for a long time specialized in KISS product - his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and he said "My good man, definitely keep up the good work! Who's watching the store now?"

Hah!

15. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

16. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

I'm sure once the timeframe of the "experiences" is up there will be a pared down version without the action figure, medallion and a scaled down book. No way Gene would put the effort into something like this and leave money on the table. He's not stupid, he knows even the $2K "cheap version" is beyond the means of the majority of fans' comfort zones. I just hope some of the music isn't held back as exclusives for the big spenders because I really would love to hear this set.

npgchris and Juggsnelson like this.
  17. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

18. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

$50,000 gets Gene to your house.....

19. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

A box set to dye for.

Dr. Mudd likes this.
  20. Black Thumb

Black Thumb Yah Mo B There

$50,000? Forty years ago you could've bought 10,000 Kiss Army memberships with that!

npgchris and EVOLVIST like this.
  21. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

Do you think he cares about quality. His whole lot in life is to take a dirt nap with as much money he can steal from his fans. As long as he releases poor quality audio. His fans dont care if its subpar, gene knows this and will be laughing all the way to the bank while you fans struggle with terrible garage sounding trash can audio. Open your wallets, gene has spoken.

Dr. Mudd and yarbles like this.
  22. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Or more recently a dozen Kiss Kaskets

[​IMG]

jay.dee and Black Thumb like this.
  23. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Wow...so not a KISS fan? You seem to no absolutely nothing about them.

24voltsdc likes this.
  24. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

I actually don't think the $2,000 price is that bad, if it was for a different artist.
    I would not even think twice if this was for Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney or Bono & The Edge, and to think for $50,000 you could have them in your house playing songs by request.
    I would gather 25 people to split the cost, which would not be a bad price at all.
    But not for Gene, hell not even for all of Kiss to show up.

Colinjpush and nfmboss666 like this.
  25. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

That's what I seen. So does this cover the box set as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.