Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. ZenMango

ZenMango Forum Resident

That granite shelf is screaming for a turntable....:hide: haw haw

Manimal and timind like this.
  2. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Ya...the RS 3s are GREAT sounding speakers and really beautiful to look at as well! But intended for a smaller room. I had the same problem with my lovely B&W CDM 1SE. Loved them to death but moved into a much bigger, "open" space and they just could not fill the room. But they'll still sound good at lower listening levels.

PhilBiker and Ntotrar like this.
  3. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

My other speakers.
    [​IMG]

4. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Funny you should mention that, that is exactly what is was used for, BEFORE I went through my Digital transformation!, here is the picture to prove it! I actually have the new table as well at the Parasound JC-3+ for sale on the site, I was going to include it, but just did not get around to it. I can assure you, if your turntable tone arm is bounce happy or skip happy, and you want it OFF the darn wall, this baby quiets it down totally with the shock absorbing feet and the 45 pound granite slab, oh yes. I could stomp and run past mine, no stylus movement whatsoever, Zero!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    BigGame, Kyhl, ChristianL and 8 others like this.
  5. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Sweet! dig the white letters on wheels.

6. Playing Vanilla Fudge on vinyl while Cinderella is on. Didn't realize she's the girl from Baby Driver and Downton Abbey.

[​IMG]

7. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I don't think your supposed to put them in the dryer.

8. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

That looks like it is going to be a fantastic space for a stereo.

9. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Absolutely! Also, not sure if you can do any editing, after, within the phone, .....but with any digital camera, the amount of info that is captured in the shadow area is quite amazing! Being a film photographer and dark room printer for years, (before digital cameras), I'm always shocked when I drag a photo into my Photoshop and "lighten" the shadow area.....or lighten the entire photo....to find MUCH detail that I did not know existed. Even if you don't have Photoshop, almost all computers have some sort of simple "lightening" option. The amount of latitude in the digital world of photography is a wonderful thing. Ten times more forgiving than my precious Tri-X.

Mazzy likes this.
  10. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Related is the similarity to how some folks go TOO dark on their brightness setting in their TV's. Sometimes just a nudge reveals a wealth of lost info!

11. Yes that's a pet peeve for me and I hesitated fixing that image but the photo and room was nice and I felt it needed to be seen. Even though it wasn't my photo.

I think most folks here use camera phones, and the majority of them have built in apps to alter or fix any images. You don't have to download a separate app. On an iPhone for instance, in PHOTOS just alter the light, and within that area you can work on exposure, shadows and contrast if you like. Especially those who have dark rooms or when you are shooting right into a back lit window coming at you. Sometimes play with your images before you upload them.

I've bee representing commercial photographers for over thirty years and am in awe of their talent. But yes you can now do so much with a friggen phone. I used to be into photography myself when I was young but working with these great photographers has taught me a ton more about the value of imagery.

I love look at all these rooms so I want to view them in the best possible light. That's what this particular thread is all about. Beautiful rooms, beautiful equipment and the viewing of the wide variety of tastes.... Love it all.

bluemooze, Funky54, wgb113 and 5 others like this.
  12. Daily Nightly

Daily Nightly Well-Known Member

my upstairs/"headphone" system;)...[​IMG]

13. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

[​IMG]

The other end of my listening room. Boxes and all. The chair/stool being my perch. Warts and all. Sounds good even though the room is oversized for my little Rega system.

[​IMG]

More listening room, addition of REL T2. It sounds good but I feel Klipshorns in my future!!!
    Been shopping Klipsch on eBay...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    BigGame, Kyhl, Manimal and 11 others like this.
  14. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Just bought Cornwalls on eBay... God save me. Next will be an appropriate amplifier. I'll keep my Rega sources for now.

15. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

Congrats! I would definitely look for nice tube amp for those Cornwalls. What do you envision the budget will be?

Dennis0675 likes this.
  16. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

Have you considered sitting closer? :)

17. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I bought a pair in December without ever hearing them before. A crites crossover and an old tube amp will fill that room like you can't believe.

RDriftwood likes this.
  18. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Yeah but the room is huge! Fact is they sound great everywhere but the dynamics are lacking at the other end...

Sell my Brio, sell my RS3 and thrown in a grand and we will see... Scott, Fisher or perhaps a Rogue I don't know yet...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    GoldprintAudio and Dennis0675 like this.
  19. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

That music room chair will not do (in my best hanable leckter voice)

Congrats on the Cornwalls. They should be awesome.

PhilBiker, Dennis0675 and Ntotrar like this.
  20. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

LOVE IT! Your my kinda guy Ntotrar! First things first....set up the Hi-Fi. Good Man!!! I also noticed the glass of beer on the other stool.....nicely done!

21. dmleman

dmleman Forum Resident

Up to date picture of my soundroom.
    [​IMG]Up to date picture of my soundroom by Don Leman, on Flickr

Speakers - Harbeth Monitor 40.2
    Preamp - Blue Circle BC3000
    Amp - Blue Circle BC204
    Turntable -Thorens 125 MkII/ SME 3009 Series III/ Benz Micro Gold
    Phonostage - Blue Circle BC23
    CD player - Denon 3520
    Streamer - Cambridge Audio CXN
    Open Reel - ReVox A77
    Tuner - Magnum Dynalab Etude

JUCO, BluTorch, 16hz lover and 56 others like this.
  22. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Beautiful set up indeed, love those speakers! Everything is so neat and elegant looking, wish the ReVox showed up in the pic, I see it behind the left speaker. Great system to be sure!

23. Steve0

Steve0 Audio Banana

I really wanted to add a woofa to my setup at home , so we did just that a few weeks ago

[​IMG]

Ok so she is not strictly an audio upgrade but certainly is an upgrade to my life. She is 10 weeks old in that pic and is a French Bulldog in case anyone is wondering.

TT pic from the other night, so I dont offend anyone in the thread ;P

Throens TD124 Mk2, SME 3009 imp, Ortofon 2M Black :)

[​IMG]

barfko, 16hz lover, BluTorch and 40 others like this.
  24. Emmanuel Zitnik

Emmanuel Zitnik Forum Resident

Some really nice setups in this thread!

Here is mine, it's quite modest but I love the sound coming out of it.
    TT is a Thorens TD166 MKV with an Ortofon 2M Blue.
    Preamp is a Graham Slee Amp Communicator with the audiophile PSU1 upgrade.
    The amp is an all-tubes Thorens AZ-25 from 1961, and the speakers are Cabasse Sloop M4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. John Woo

John Woo Well-Known Member

it happens to me, just a few months back, i went to a transport/DAC route and never look back
    the sound is so engaging emotionally that i hardly play LPs now.

mreeter and timind like this.