Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

This is a thread to show our systems and rooms, not a digital vs. analog debate. Any chance we could talk about that in another thread?

:)

Manimal, SirMarc, Encore and 4 others like this.
  2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Thanks for that - many posts were deleted. But we DO NOT need another CD vs LP thread!!!!!!!

PhilBiker, Ron P. and timind like this.
  3. james

james Summon The Queen

I always pay particular attention to your posts because I think our houses have similar layouts. I'm currently not living there while the kitchen is gutted/renovated. I don't have that fireplace where you do. I was hoping to put the stereo/tv on the same wall you have, but I think my toddler would climb up the back of the couch and maybe fall into the stairwell. Bummed about that.

I also have a half wall where I think you have a railing. Still trying to figure this out (on paper).

[​IMG]

Manimal, bluemooze, Mazzy and 3 others like this.
  4. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Thank you Emmanuel Zitnik for this posting...made my morning! I once had this table AND have heard this rare amp decades ago....and it was beautiful! Don't know the speakers but my head is now filled with the opening strains of "Round Here" in warm, yet detailed sound that I imagine your system sounds like.

"Step out the front door like a ghost
    into the fog where no one notices
    the contrast of white on white.
    And in between the moon and you
    the angels get a better view
    of the crumbling difference between wrong and right."

Emmanuel Zitnik likes this.
  5. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Ha .....I knew it.....when LiteJazz53 posted that he gave up the table for strictly digits......I knew there was going to be trouble. One of the biggest "can of worms" in the world of Hi-Fi.

timind likes this.
  6. Emmanuel Zitnik

Emmanuel Zitnik Forum Resident

Thanks! Lovely record for sure and it does sound fantastic :p

7. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Extra points for the Les Paul Standard.

Love your town. Spent a fair amount of time in the mid 90s traveling to Bordeaux on business.

PhilBiker, Emmanuel Zitnik and Ron P. like this.
  8. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

That looks like a Pro-Ject Speed Box on the table. Does this work with the Thorens?

Emmanuel Zitnik likes this.
  9. Emmanuel Zitnik

Emmanuel Zitnik Forum Resident

Yes, I forgot to list it, but it is indeed a Speed Box S, which happens to work with my Thorens because it has a 16v AC motor.

PhilBiker and Kristofa like this.
  10. Looks really close. My house is a split level so right when you walk in there is a landing then seven steps up this open living kitchen area or seven steps down to the right where there is a bedroom, bath laundry and what is now my office music cd room and a seperate record library ( formally a tiny bedroom )

I bought the house almost four years ago from flippers after leaving and entire life in Sam Francisco. It was a early 80s track style and I see many of the same style south from me. I loved the clean lines.

Apparently the original small kitchen was walled in cutting up the room. I love that it is all open now like yours. Beautiful open space.

By kitchen is reversed as the island is long ways and the fridge on the opposite side just left of the hallway. I finally renovated the old fireplace installing a more efficient gas one and replacing with a more minimal modernist tile.

Yeah my sofa is in front of the stair railing but my son is now grown up at 26 and out of the house. But I remember those worries back in SF. But my sofa is not close to the back railing - check it out. The tv pivots on an arm towards the sofa area. There's a deck out off the eating area.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Donniej, BigGame, igor_xxxx and 42 others like this.
  11. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Beautiful place Mazzy.:righton:

Mazzy likes this.
  12. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Awesome!

13. And there is a gap behind the couch, not right up against the railing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Rickchick, BigGame, Kyhl and 14 others like this.
  14. Also I don't want to spend your money or add to your design aesthetic but you could always add something like this or narrow slats of wood from your half wall up to the ceiling. Light would still come through and it was add another layer of safety. And then you could watch tv while cooking.

It's only money :tiphat:

[​IMG]

Manimal, mktracy, bluemooze and 3 others like this.
  15. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Maz, that is absolutely the coolest room ever, how lucky are you to have that! I have always lived in homes with wasted rooms, I like to call them show rooms, no one ever goes in there except when company comes or on holidays. I could be totally happy in your one room with the kitchen, oh my, so open, airy, light, the perfect place for some great music or a movie with 15 guests, so nice, and everyone needs an RCA dog, hearing his master's voice! :agree:

Manimal, SandAndGlass and PhilBiker like this.
  16. Hey thank you. I personally hate a room you can't use regularly and this one is always used. Great for listening on my own and with friends and parties. It's a great space with beautiful light during the day. Which s a good thing in Seattle.

Audiophiles will see it as a compromise, and yes it is, but as much as I enjoy good sound, the music is primary to me in terms of continuous buying of records-I'm not a gear head and my systemy is considered mid level I guess. But is sounds really nice.

Except for my upgraded Rega RP6 which I got almost three years ago, I haven't upgraded anything since I bought it all in 2002/3 in San Francisco. Rotel and B&W CMs. However I am now auditioning new speakers. Really like ProAcs but probably more than I want to spend. Just also listened to the new B&W 700 series speakers and really liked them even though they were only on the floor for several days-not even broken in. I am personally a fan of the B&W sound. Maybe because I've owned several pairs for almost 30 years, so the new 702S2 is at the top of my list. The white ones would fit well in this room as the looks are so important to me. I guess I am superficial. :tiphat:

Probably want these:

[​IMG]

Rickchick, Kyhl, Manimal and 8 others like this.
  17. 575maranello

575maranello Forum Resident

Nice pad Mazzy

Mazzy likes this.
  18. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

Mazzy, what are those crates for the records?

Mazzy likes this.
  19. 33na3rd, PhilBiker and Ron P. like this.
  20. Litejazz53

Those speakers would look fantastic in your ultra room, and as for the audiophiles opinions on the space, who cares, I would be so comfortable listening in that darn room, I would never leave the house, you are so very fortunate to have a room so
    spacious and open, breathing room. Hey, I have one more possibility, as I am a total B&W fan, you could skip a few big nights on the town, put a few extra bucks into these, and just be the envy of the audio community, oh yes! :yikes:

[​IMG]

21. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

Apologies for the De-Rail...I love this thread also! Carry On!

22. Ha. Yea I'm sure they would work out nicely. What are there, around 20K plus? And I would probably need a new amp as well to power these.... ca ching!

23. Litejazz53

Oh, I would call about 10 dealers and find someone that would take about 35% off, I'm rather good at that! Oh, if the 800 series might be too big, here is another speaker that would be right at home in your beautiful spacious room, oh yes it would! Suppose to be some of the best engineering work Dave Wilson and his son have cranked out. In regard to a new amp, that integrated in the middle of the B&W's should work out nicely for you.:edthumbs:

[​IMG]

BigGame, Bhob, ChristianL and 7 others like this.
  24. Sorry but these here are butt ugly. Just my personal opinion. Your mileage may vary. Last time I wrote those words a Gort spanked me

25. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident