Movie Lines You Quote in Everyday Life (Sometimes to Others' Confusion)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scopitone, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

hard to find many more in any other film. What a classic!

clhboa likes this.
  2. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

One of many I use from the movie Snatch..."Well, come on then Tommy, before "zee" Germans get here.

timind likes this.
  3. timind

timind phorum rezident

I'm quoting Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. One of those rare souls here who didn't see Breaking Bad.

4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Often use in discussing my work

I'm "an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

Spitfire likes this.
  5. vinnie

vinnie Senior Member

"What did you do, Ray?"

Ghostbusters

"Somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb."

Batman

6. Malinky

Malinky Almost a Gentleman.

"It must be wonderful in Russia, all them cornfields....and ballet in the evenings".
    Peter Sellers in `I`m Alright Jack`.

"Badges....we don`t need no stinkin` badges!" (Often change this to `Badgers`).
    `Treasure of the Sierra Madre`.

bekayne likes this.
  7. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

"THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!!!!!!!"

8. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

""APPREHEND THAT HORSE ASS FOR RECKLESS DRIVING!!!"

9. drivingfrog

drivingfrog Calm down, have some dip.

"If you stab a man in the dead of winter, steam will rise up from the wounds. The Indians believed it was the soul escaping from the body."

"REE REE REE REE REE REE"

10. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Malinky likes this.
  11. Malinky

Brilliant!......had not seen that before...thanks.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  12. Malinky

"The next time someone asks you if you are a God....you say .....YES!".......`Ghostbusters`

"He keeps Boyds, dirty disgusting Boyds"...`The Producers` done in a strong New York accent.

"Don`t you want to see the Grand Canyon?"..........`Vacation`.

13. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Who d'ya want? Nobody gets in the building unless I know who they want. I'm the "concierge*". My husband used to be the "concierge", but he's dead. Now I'M the "concierge"

*pronounced "Con-see-urge"

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  14. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

A friend and I visiting at a third friend's place, when he asked if either of us wanted a beer I launched into "I am the mother****ing shore patrol, mother****er! I am the mother****ing shore patrol! Give this man a beer!"

15. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

And another favorite movie of mine!

timind likes this.
  16. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

I cannot watch a hockey game without quoting from Slap Shot at least once. Blank stares from the wife in response (she's never seen the film.)

Dudley Morris likes this.
  17. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Whenever I say something to my wife, and she does not respond to it, I quote Alpha from "UP":
    "Do you not agree with that which I have just said."

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  18. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

wow, obscure one, that. (shouldn't be obscure, agree)

Dreadnought likes this.
  19. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

All too many of the quotes I remember from Slap Shot don't comply with the decorum here.

ohnothimagen likes this.
  20. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Love it when Rodney says...
    "Hey, Wang, what's with the pictures? It's a parking lot!"
    I think of my wife's family.
    They're Chinese & take pictures of everything (even their dinner when they eat out).
    To paraphrase...
    "What's with the pictures? It's a f***ing sandwich".

Darryl

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  21. Malinky

"Do you know what the law is in this country against ******? (Fill in your own subject)...... Traffic Cop in `Vacation`.

This is one of my favorite scenes in any movie.
    `Clark` replies, "No, No, Sir, I don`t"
    `Traffic Cop`.....after a long pause....."Well,.........It must be pretty Bad!"

22. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Indeed, which is why when my 12 year old stepson and I were watching it common sense finally prevailed and I turned it off after Louis asked me what a "dyke" was:laugh: I told him, "Maybe we'll finish watching this when yer older...like another four or five years from now!" He seemed disappointed but he also knew if his mum knew he was watching it there'd be hell to pay for both of us...

My wife can handle the profanity-laden Slap Shot quotes since we both talk like Reggie Dunlop anyway (out of earshot of the kids, of course)...I howled with laughter when I read an old Paul Newman quote from an interview where he said "Before I did Slap Shot I hardly ever swore...after I did Slap Shot my language was right out of the locker room!"

"Get some f--kin' lumber in their teeth, let 'em know yer there!!!!":righton:

23. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

That reminds me of one that I quote from European Vacation:

"Look kids, there's Big Ben."

There are 2 instances when I use this quote. First is when traffic is bad and seem to be driving in circles to find a way out of a jam. The second instance is at Bengals games when they play the Steelers.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Malinky likes this.
  24. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

Given the amount of ****** I see in some other quotes here I'll add some interesting trivia from IMDB regarding swearing in The Last Detail.

"The script was completed in 1970, but contained too much profanity to be shot as written. Columbia Pictures waited for two years trying to get writer Robert Towne to tone down the language. Instead, by 1972, the standards for foul language relaxed so much that all the profanity was left in."

"The word "f" and all permutations of it are said 65 times. This was a record up to that time."

"A tamer version with less profanity was filmed at the same time for TV showings. Because of the amount of swearing, the entire movie was pretty much shot twice."

"Screenwriter Robert Towne stated that the main reason the film had so much profanity was his view that "this is how people talk when they're powerless--they bitch", since Buddufsky and Mulvall don't agree with Meadows' jail sentence but have no legal ways to help him (and aren't going to let him escape and bring wrath upon themselves)."

25. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Thanks much for that. That theory explains a lot, perhaps. All those war movies, even Glengerry, to a certain extent.
    I don't think you can extrapolate that theory to the Dude and his friends, but they are kind of a breed apart.

Dreadnought likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.