Gene Simmons box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erickana666

erickana666 Forum Resident

If amazon sold it for 2000, maybe a buy, but i dont want to meet , i just want the box set

2. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

I'll wait for the day after release for it to be on every torrent site.

Malina, Cassiel, Rhett and 1 other person like this.
  3. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I asked my wife if I could borrow from my 401k and get the Home Experience but was told "no". Oh well. I tried. :cry:

4. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I was just trying to convince a co-worker to take a pension loan to get the home experience for her husband... she said "I guess I'm just not a good wife" :laugh:

5. aakko

aakko Forum Resident

Not even worth to pirate.

6. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Honestly... even if Gene did a pared down standard one cd release with the 3 VH tracks on it for $17.99 (or whatever the going rate is)... I'd still pass and just check it out on Apple Music... and from what I've read over the years, Gene had the band clone what the brothers did on those 3 tracks so I'm sure that they will be quite underwhelming after all of these years of hype.

7. I'll just wait for the chinese copy

8. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

For a guy who never drinks or does drugs, why does Gene have to wear dark sunglasses indoors?

9. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Hide those old man eyes

[​IMG]

Rhett and Jose Jones like this.
  10. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Is that real hair?

11. Sentient Six

The same way Bret Michaels' hair is real.

12. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I genuinely feel bad for lifelong KISS fans. If anything makes me genuinely angry about this it's that Gene is in one of those videos saying he's a huge Beatles fan and the idea of meeting his heroes was impossible. Like that's some claim of understanding how much music means to a fan and how it becomes a part of your whole life, like he remembers that and relates to it.

Okay, but try to remember that without the music, the haircuts and boots and cheeky interviews would have been nothing. Music. So imagine it's 1965 and your a 16 year old Beatles fan and out comes a new album but instead of having to mow 10 neighborhood lawns to get money to buy it it's quite simply impossible for you to even think about being able to meet the price tag. Not improbable, impossible short of robbing a bank.

So if the impossible came true and you got to meet your heroes, would you thank them or question why they would put a price tag on something that is so high you're left high and dry?

So don't tell me you remember, understand, and want to honor what it's like to be a lifelong fan.

We've got a KISS fan here who I saw on another site saying his fandom has been 41 years. 41 years! Presumably buying every album on or about release day. Not downloading illegally, but putting money in your pocket for 41 years.

So go ahead and put a $2000 minimum price on your product, but please dispense with trying to convince him that you want to honor his lifelong commitment to you and your art. The price is insulting, but that's actually the least of it.

13. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

sorry, does that hairpiece come in the Experience box?

14. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

He's a business man first & foremost. Doubt it would be limited to the ladies.

ElevatorSkyMovie likes this.
  15. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

What a lightweight. My mother was out in the elements for ages in 1964 to meet George.

16. Sick Sick Phil

Sick Sick Phil Forum Resident

Well to start, For most part, the younger fans of Kiss are around 40 years old. If you were born during the beginning of the reunion tour, you are old enough to drink and could have a BS/BA by now. There is a reason Paul McCartney doesn't do meet and greets for fans, do you really think Paul wants to hear you tell him how great he is and how much the Beatles means to you with what little time he has left on earth ?

17. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Anyone can do as they please. It isn't for me, but more power to those who have a wish to participate. Myself I'll order the Bruce Dickinson solo vinyl box for 180 bucks or so and be one happy camper. Different strokes they say.

24voltsdc likes this.
  18. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

And a Chinese man disguised as Simmons will deliver it personally to your house! The Impersonator Experience.

19. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Over here the "younger fans" are more like 4 years old.

20. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Well you are all naysayers!:wiggle:I just opted for the Uber Home Visit Experience!:uhhuh:

Just joking guys!;)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Clanceman likes this.
  21. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

:yikes: Good for you!

Clanceman likes this.
  22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

You would think they could at least provide a full detailed track listing of what they are getting for $2K, I still can't believe he's charging this much for a 10CD boxset of demos...the rest of the stuff in the box with the possible exception of the book costs next to nothing to produce.

23. Sentient Six

There are plenty of other ways to meet a "rock star." I've waited outside clubs/theatres to meet Steve Vai, Slash, Anthrax, Alice Cooper, etc. These are all people who have meet and greet packages and they still met with any of us waiting outside and signed an autograph for us (Vai and Anthrax took pictures with us as well). So, if you can corner Gene somewhere, I'm sure you can get an autograph as well.

24. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

If he can sell stage played Punisher basses to wealthy fans for $10,000 a pop, he can sell a box set to those 1000 die hards.

2017 Meet Gene Backstage | Gene Simmons Axe

Clanceman and Curveboy like this.
  25. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

I'm sure every CEO in America between the ages of 55 and 65 has a Punisher bass hanging in a cabinet in his at home playroom. :)

James H., Clanceman and The Slug Man like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.