Finally Got One! Cd's or Lp's That Took You Years To Acquire

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Malina, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malina

Malina Forum Resident Thread Starter

I finally got one of these because the price was right, been waiting a couple years. Tracking info was uploaded, but the box did not show as being received by USPS for a week. I thought the seller was going try and pull a scam, but it showed up on the tracking in New Jersey when it was shipped in California. Whew! Not a very exciting story, got any good ones? My box is out for delivery and should be here in a couple hours, I have no idea what's in this thing, whoot!

SONY/ATV POP MUSIC 1928-2002 19 DISC CD BOX SET W/BOOK | eBay

2. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Isn't that a compilation, put together for potential music licensors?

3. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Anything Box-Worth, US Promo 1994 :23 years (at a good price) I'm very patient :laugh:
    [​IMG]

Dave S and Purplefowler like this.
  4. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    I can't even remember how many years I've been searching for a copy of y Kant Tori read that I could finally afford. Of course now I've got my holy grail record, she's decided to reissue it :faint: (the seller also gave me a copy of Neil gaiman's death:the high cost of living with intro by Tori, which was a really nice surprise)

5. bobc

bobc Bluesman

I finally acquired Bluesbreakers (John Mayall with Eric Clapton) this year - only 52 years after I first heard it and first thought about buying it.

6. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

In 1983 my tutor lent me a load of records, one, Out Of Nowhere by Joe Egan took me until March last year to finally find and get a copy of my own..

Sean and c-eling like this.
  7. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Price was finally right finally got it last May 2017.

That's The Way It Is Box set

1. [​IMG]
    2. [​IMG]

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Gov't Mule's Dose on vinyl. One of 1,500 black copies ( first 500 of 2000 are red ).

AnotherEargazm and JasonA like this.
  9. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Beach Boys Greatest Hits (Razor & Tie)

[​IMG]

I'd been looking for this for years until I found it in a bin at Half Price Books earlier this year.

10. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

That Elvis box is wonderful, and one of my all-time favorites!

11. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

I'm trying to think of what the "greatest" album is that took me the longest to finally get...

Maybe The Doors first six studio albums? I've actually only owned them in physical form for like a year!

I know, I have no idea what took me so long either... :)

12. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

Gunfight at Carnegie Hall lp -- Phil Ochs, At a "boot sale" - mint

irwin69 likes this.
  13. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

When did you buy the original - on Atlantic Records, correct?
    I'm curious - if you don't mind, how much was it...?

Congratulations! :)

Purplefowler likes this.
  14. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Don't mean to turn this into an Elvis thread. Sorry. These boxes below I waited for along time to get before the prices went way south.

Pink Floyd
    The Early Years Box Set Box set

1. [​IMG]

The RCA Albums Collection Box set

1. [​IMG]

Ken K likes this.
  15. Malina

Yes it is. Here is another good one. I found a really bad track list on the internet and I spent hours fixing it up. I gave it to the seller at the link below when I saw he was using the same bad track list that I found! :laugh:

20th Century Pop Box 28 Disc CD Set (Universal Music Publishing Grp) Exclusive

There are cheaper sets on Ebay, but this does go for big bucks, I got mine for 50 - great deal.

20th Century Pop Universal Music 28 CDs Promo Box Set Sampler Hits 1925-2000 | eBay

This is a great set of standards. The original is the Case Logic set with 23 cd's and Warner Chappell continued to add more songwriters. I think I have them all but one that is very elusive. It came up once on Ebay and it looked like it was going to sneak through but it sold for about 80 bucks. Disclaimer: The seller below is me, this set is an extra, contact me for a forum member discount. :D

Warner Chappell Publishing The Songs Of Standards 29 Cd Promo Set Case Logic NEW | eBay

lightbulb likes this.
  16. Malina

I snagged one brand new on Ebay a couple years for 12 bucks BIN and flipped it on Amazon for 180. First I stared at it in shock for a minute or two, coulda lost it. :laugh: I have the DCC's from way back so that's enough for me.

mmars982 likes this.
  17. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Correct. I picked it up about a month ago for £40 including shipping from Belgium. The cover shows a bit of wear but the vinyl is n/m. I've never hit the buy button that fast before :D

The Hud and lightbulb like this.
  18. Former Scientist

Former Scientist Now on wheels....

Yesterday, I found the Roches eponymous 1979 album, produced by Robert Fripp, for £2.50 in a bin full of otherwise unremarkable compilations. Near mint, too. Wanted this for years. On Amazon UK, its listed for over £100. It's just worth waiting and digging, digging, digging.... eventually you get a little gold....

Malina and Purplefowler like this.
  19. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

My pick too, though I finally gave up on trying to uncover one and ponied up for a copy here.

mmars982 likes this.
  20. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

Two of the three Queen Elektra CDs.

Got a News of the World Target at Half Price Books. $6. Could have died and gone to heaven.

My birthday last year, had a total hunch that history would repeat itself. Stopped by that same HPB, found the Elektra Greatest Hits CD (non-Target) also for $6.

I must admit, I have these more as superfan collector pieces than anything I listen to - don't want NOTW to get scratched up (it is *rare*) and the GH disc isn't sonically anything to write home about. Still cool to have them.

c-eling, mj_patrick and BadJack like this.
  21. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

That Amazon price is outrageous. I encounter this album every once in a while for fair prices (not what you paid though - congrats).

Former Scientist likes this.
  22. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

After years,I still never found it!:DStill searching.....

Gaslight and c-eling like this.
  23. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

I just got "Greatest Hits" the other day after years of looking. I only ever owned that version as a cassette dubbed from a friend and just kind of wanted an actual copy of the tracklisting I grew up with.

mj_patrick likes this.
  24. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

I finally yesterday found a copy of the japanese cd version of "The Rolling Stones No. 2" at a great price.
    It's, as far as I know, not a sonic wonder, but I have bought it to supply my original London cd's.
    [​IMG]

25. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

I've been tempted to drive to the Exchange and see if they have the red Hollywood Greatest Hits for $5 or less, just bc I would keep that particular disc/track listing (which I grew with up) in the car

BadJack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.