De Agostini - Jazz at 33 1/3 rpm series in UK newsagents

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Willowman, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

Hmm, for £2 extra a month, you should have gotten the turntable: Jazz on vinyl - De Agostini

Hesitant to say this, but I'd recommend you contact them.

2. heliocentric

heliocentric Forum Resident

I pay £29.98 for my subscription so not sure why your's would be more expensive?

3. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I'm certainly not getting anything extra for it and so, have written to them this morning to see why I’m paying this exactly. If it’s for the few trinkets received at the beginning of the subscription, it’s clearly not worth it.

4. heliocentric

I got all the extras as well. The only thing I can remember is that there was a premium if you ordered the turntable but cant remember how much is was. Maybe you got put on the higher rate?

5. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

They really are crap!

6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Can’t think why, but as I’ve said I’ve written to them. I thought you had to pay for the turntable as well?

7. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I’ve done so this morning. I let them away with nothing.

8. culabula

culabula Unread author.

That’s 2 pounds per issue. I appear to be paying 1 pound extra per record for the digital 'extra' whatever the hell that is. I certainly don’t want it and didn’t sign up for it. I’ll be looking my money back.

9. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I sent two emails to them today -one was to say that issue 34 had poor quality sound on Side Two, while the other was about the extra two pounds per issue.

To their credit they just got back to me and advise that they are sending out a replacement LP today. In the other reply they have confirmed that I am a premium subscriber. Checking their FAQ, it seems that I am indeed entitled to a turntable.

Only thing is, no such turntable has ever manifested itself. Seems incredibly lackadaisical of them, but does anyone know after how much time I was supposed to receive such an item?

10. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

Says on the website "With your 4th delivery". Safe to say they forgot.

11. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Yes. I found that in the FAQ but found it hard to believe. Seems unbelievably trusting of them.

I’ll see what they say tomorrow. It also reads "if you didn’t get your turntable' (which seems to show great self-awareness) you may get a refund. Nutters.

12. jamo spingal

jamo spingal Forum Resident

They're still selling the turntables online, which will be good BTW.

13. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

i sent an email to deagostini asking which records were sourced from analog master tapes.
    their response

Good day Customer

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we are unable to send out the list as it's subject to change.

what do they mean by that? they dont know for sure? should i ask them something else?
    ps. is anyone sure about certain albums that are indeed analog sourced?
    cheers

14. jamo spingal

jamo spingal Forum Resident

I think they mean that future releases are subject to change just like the UK issues to date don't follow the original Italian list. Not that analog source or not is subject to change .... I think

porotikos likes this.
  15. culabula

culabula Unread author.

It appears they don’t understand the notion of "premium subscription" because now it would seem that there are two flavours of it....

"
    "Good day Mr Ó Catháin

Thank you for getting back to us.

With the premium subscription you qualify to receive the 2 storage boxes, which is why you have received the first storage box and yes you can down grade to the standard subscription if you wish to."
    "

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  16. minibreakfast

minibreakfast Forum Resident

Storage boxes? Have they confused your Jazz subscription with a Beatles one perhaps?

17. culabula

culabula Unread author.

No. I have already received one wooden crate for the jazz collection.

18. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

There are pictures of the wooden crates on the website but can't see any written reference to them. And the FAQs page only talks about the turntable for premium subscribers.

19. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Exactly.

20. Imagine70

Imagine70 Forum Resident

I think initially the wooden storage boxes were listed on the website as the 'premium' offer. However, this was soon changed to the turntable (for an extra £2 per issue) and the wooden boxes became 'free'.

If you subscribed online you should have an email confirmation with the following:

I note that the wooden storage boxes are no longer referred to on their website.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  21. culabula

culabula Unread author.

That’s what I seem to recollect...especially the bit about the box with delivery 10.

So why are they writing to me about 2 x storage boxes ?

22. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

My Time Out from this series arrived (from Ebay) and it sounds great, really happy with it. I was going to also buy Miles Davis but first I looked on the website and it says cancel anytime, first issue £4.99 & second £9.99 so I could in fact get Miles Davis & John Coltrane for £14.98 and then cancel. Has anyone tried this? Is it easy to cancel? I'm not looking for every release in the series but these 2 interest me

23. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Can they not just be bought from the shop at those prices? If not, go ahead, sign up, then cancel once you receive them.

24. heliocentric

Cancelling a subscription requires a months notice, so I guess you'd need to buy the next two at full price... but who knows

25. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

If you just want these 2 for now then just buy them as individual items from the website, no need to subscribe.
    DeAgostini Shop UK

Porkpie likes this.