Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I got spanked by a Gort here once,...but I deserved it....and he was cool.

Are you saying you don't like the Wilson's in white???

I love them!

PhilBiker likes this.
  2. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Oh ....maybe you mean the B&W's??????

3. I don't think I like them in any color. But I bet they sound great.

4. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Klipsch Cornwalls!

Rickchick, Kyhl, RDriftwood and 28 others like this.
  5. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Mazzy, think of them as Wilson works of art. I do think with this loudspeaker you have to put your hands on it to appreciate the work that went into it. It's just a piece of beautiful technology, and you can bet it's as good as it gets. I always waited for this company to use a veneer wood on their products, but it just never happened. While I don't like them as much as the B&W 800 series, it easily matches the B&W quality, different but one of the best loudspeakers possible, IMHO. :righton:

PhilBiker likes this.
  6. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

What's the name of those Wilson's? The last ones I heard were the Sophia's about 12 years ago.

7. What do they cost ? $$$$

8. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

What do you think?

9. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I have only listened to a few favorite songs, I'm too tired and hungry to get into a full fledged audition. But what I have heard I like: huge dynamics and realistic presentation of environmental sounds. On the Focal test CD is a recording of a single cylinder motorcycle which was reproduced in stunning fashion. Also enjoyed the drum sounds on "South side of the sky" the remastered version this time around.

rebellovw likes this.
  10. jeff kleinberg

jeff kleinberg Senior Member

My newly updated system. Blowing my mind nightly. Its been a great road. The last is my first music only system in my new house 11 years ago.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

JUCO, barfko, easycraig and 40 others like this.
  11. jeff kleinberg

jeff kleinberg Senior Member

I see you like watching "fake news" :p Nice room!

12. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Looks like Wilson Yvette. 26k a pair.

13. Naw I skip that Channel but I do watch the Ones where the idiot reporters stand stupidly in the middle of storms.

14. Litejazz53

Yes I do, the Wilsons are another ball game.

15. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Ha LOL ... I also thinks it's hilarious that when there's a big storm every channel feels the need to get somebody right out smack in the middle of it. Cracks me up. I'm sure the directors???... back at the station say, "hey Joe, that looks REALLY dangerous over there, go over there and stand in the middle of it".

I'm sure it keeps the ratings up.

jeff kleinberg and PhilBiker like this.
  16. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I don't like the white B&W's Litejazz posted....and I generally like all B&Ws. But I like the Wilson Yvette in white....or, hell, in any color as long as they're giving them away!

Ntotrar and Dave like this.
  17. Litejazz53

I posted that particular one because Mazz likes the white color, it's his favorite, trying to pump him up for the big purchase. Each to his own on the color thing, the white pair would look pretty darn cool in his room, however if I just needed to get me some B&W speakers, I would like to find a pair just like this, oh yes! :righton:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Dave, BigGame, Manimal and 9 others like this.
  18. james

james Summon The Queen

I really appreciate all the photos and insights. We have the exact same house (there are many variations out there, but ours are exact).

Yes, our kitchen was walled in and small but that has all come out now.

I have an opening into a sunroom where your Beatles prints are (pictured below). That room was my "stereo room", but it's going to become a dining room. I'm glad to see that you are able to have your couch pulled out away from that railing! That opens up a lot of possibility for me. I'm looking forward to trying new configurations.

(seeing this photo and all the clutter gives me anxiety, but I guess that's Christmas. I'm working to reduce box count/cables since the stereo will now be in a more visible space.)

[​IMG]

19. james

james Summon The Queen

1 hour between posts. Love it. Been there!

Ntotrar and Jerry James like this.
  20. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Did you include the espresso machine in your equipment profile? (some things are almost as important as audio equipment)

PhilBiker and Mazzy like this.
  21. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

What impresses me the most is that you still have the same color on the walls after 11 years!

Kyhl, jon9091, timind and 2 others like this.
  22. Ha. Rancilio S26 plumbed in. Mini Mazzer Grinder :tiphat: It was from the photo studio we had downstairs from our San Francisco building.

Ron P. and cgw like this.
  23. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Yes!!! Those are beautiful for sure. But the white B&Ws. ??? I don't know. But love the white Wilsons!

The space I'm in now allowed me to return to Maggies, which are my favorites. It really has a lot to do with the room your in. I have a 20'x 30' room with a 17' ceiling. So, Maggies for sure.

Look at Ntotrar. He has those lovely little Regas, perfect for a small room.....but not in his new space.

16hz lover likes this.
  24. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that these speakers always remind me of the joke about the guy stepping into the doctor's office with a frog on its head.

Manimal, Mazzy and Litejazz53 like this.
  25. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

In regards to Litejazz's pic of the back of his rack, here is a pic of mine. In the spirit of compare and contrast. The pic is not the best, but there is method to what appears to be madness. Although I love neatness factor of zip tying the cables together for a clean look, I am from the school of cabling that wires should not be run together. In fact, I was taught, and do try, to keep "other" sets of cables, (power, interconnects, ..whatever), at sharp angles to each other so as not to allow signals to be "influenced" by other signals. I was taught this while working at a shop where we sold Cardas cable and perhaps this is from the George Cardas school of thought. No matter how good the insulation, signals can be adversely affected. Yes? No?

.[​IMG]