Laurie Strode returns in "Halloween" (October 19, 2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Honestly, does it matter if there's a "proper" finale at this point? The series has been restarted, rebooted, and retconned so many times now...

2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

It matters to me! :p

Rick Sanchez and Marble Index like this.
  3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Okay, pretend the series ended with H20 like the rest of us. :)

4. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Poor poor Season of the Witch. Nobody loves you!

5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I love that movie! Highly underrated and a much more fun watch than Halloween 4, 5 or 6.

SomeCallMeTim and Marble Index like this.
  6. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

My random thoughts:

I'm on board, but my expectations admittedly aren't high for this one, but the fact that they're ignoring everything after Halloween II is a great first step in the right direction.

Those Halloween sequels (III, 4, 5, 6 H20, Resurrection, etc) are all terrible films. I'm honestly suprised to see people here defending them and wanting to continue the "storyline" they had. Michael Myers has died and come back so many times, there will never be an end to that storyline– the only ending or resolution is when you finally stop paying for tickets to see this crap.

Although I admire that they wanted to try something different for III and introduce a new terror with every Halloween film, they failed.

I agree that Jamie Lee Curtis looks great!

I also agree it's been a long, long time since John Carpenter has made a good film. He needs to channel Hitchcock like he did for the original film in order for this to work.

Also, I didn't see Carpenter's original Assault on Precinct 13 until a few years ago– it blew my mind how much that film was a blueprint of sorts for his next film (Halloween). Yes, one is an action film and one is horror, but they have a lot in common.

SomeCallMeTim and driverdrummer like this.
  7. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Jamie deserves to be in a better class of movie than Yet Another Halloween Movie at this point in her career.

SomeCallMeTim and Johnny66 like this.
  8. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

If they would have just marketed it as that and not Halloween III: Season of the Witch, it might have not been so criticized.

Actually it belongs in an anthology of film shorts like Creepshow. There's just not enough there for a full feature film.

driverdrummer likes this.
  9. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

It ended at II for me. That's also where my blu-ray collection of Halloween films end as well. ;)

driverdrummer, Encuentro and daca like this.
  10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The idea was that they wanted to make the Halloween series an Anthology series going forward with no more movies about Michael, but obviously that didn't quite pan out. :)

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Okay. H20 has its' moments, IMO, and I like the ending.

12. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Why ? another one who's asking for this.:crazy:. like remake of Nightmare On Elm Street..
    Michael should dead.. wood chipper.. cut his arms off ..
    dip him hot molten metal.. etc.:D

13. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I liked H20

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I found it to be very refreshing! :)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).

15. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

I loved Season of the Witch I think it is one of Donovan's all time greatest songs.

In all seriousness, the only thing I liked about H3: SotW was the very infectious and ear-worm song:

"Happy, happy Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.
    Happy, happy Halloween, Silver Shamrock!"

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Here you go! Enjoy!

SomeCallMeTim, Marble Index and daca like this.
  17. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Please God let there be a 'Laurie had an estranged twin sister the whole time' plotline where she finally comes home to investigate why it's her sister's least favorite holiday.

18. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Halloween and Halloween II make a great duology.

Marble Index and mj_patrick like this.
  19. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

Which is it: a remake of the original Halloween or a second third Halloween? And how much of a role does Jamie Lee Curtis have? The article only said she was returning as Laurie Strode, but not that she was starring in it. It could be a walk-on for all they and she is revealing at this point. I would love to see her star in it, but the reports are kind of cagey.

20. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I have no interest in these kinds of movies but JLC is one handsome woman and by all accounts a very nice human being so good on her!

driverdrummer likes this.
  21. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Am I right in thinking JLC only agreed to star in Halloween Resurrection if the writers finally killed off Laurie Strode?

It was the second Halloween film I watched. I have a soft spot for it. My only complaint is it's a bit short.

Matthew Tate and driverdrummer like this.
  22. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

To quote Ronnie James Dio,"Lord, she's handsome!"

23. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

That was my understanding as well, as reported in the entertainment magazines at the time. However, she only had a few minutes' screen time in Resurrection, at the beginning. Someone starred in it but it wasn't her. No idea who though. I didn't find it to be a particularly memorable film.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Hexwood and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I really like that photo. As someone mentioned the mask looks "right". Wonder if they found a Shatner mask and made a new one. I've seen the other movies and always found the mask be be a distraction for me. In "Returns" it was too white and it was hilarious at the beginning of 5 when Michael washed down the drain with the white mask and came out with a completely different mask. I lost interest but still saw the other sequels and didn't make it thru Zombie's first film. This one has my curiosity and wanting to see more about it.

25. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

That would be revered Shakespearean thespian and method actor extraordinaire Busta Rhymes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.