Rega introduces the new Rega Planar 6 Turntable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by btf1980, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshall_SLX

Marshall_SLX Rega P9/RB2000

seems a bit close to me... might affect finish and or conformity of the foam plinth?

2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

That sounds very "close" to me.

3. Marshall_SLX

Hows this... turn on your radiator and let it heat up the room... move your hand toward the radiator when you start to feel the air get hotter stop and thats the closest you should put it.

4. Too close for me!! Why not ring rega directly and clarify the issue. E mail them if you dont want to ring. Better safe than sorry

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  5. JCOehler

JCOehler Forum Resident

Shiver likes this.
  6. Ignacio Merino

Ignacio Merino New Member

not a fan of the smoked dust cover.. should not be important but I will probably buy the clear one as an extra

7. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

Good idea. Just need to find an email address. Couldn't see anything on their website.

8. phone them; their number is on the site. Very friendly and so helpful xx

9. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

Umm, it still doesn't make sense. It does for pigs on a farm, who get turned into bacon (a product), but people reading audio reviews are just people more likely to spend their money. Maybe I'm taking this too literally.

10. Marshall_SLX

Getting back on track i think it is interesting that the P6 is using Tan cast 8 which is just a brand name for polyurethane foam where the RP8/10 use polyolefin which is mainly ethylene or propylene. I dont really know anything about it but it seems olefin foams can basically be anything but have a wide use in thermo insulation applications. It will be interesting to see when the P8 comes out if Rega use the same polyolefin or use polyurethane. I am guessing that urethane is cheaper because of its availability due to its wide use in buoyancy applications. Anyway i am interested to see if Rega continue to use urethane further up the models or whether it was used to get the P6 to stay at its price point. Either way its great to see Rega continue to push the boundaries of their design ethos.

jon9091 likes this.
  11. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

Have just spoken to Rega. I was told that 15cm was borderline and if I can increase that by 3 or 4 cm, there wouldn't be a problem at all. It was added that the units have been tested in temperatures higher than the UK too and that different radiators, especially older ones in older houses can pump out much more heat. All I need now is to start getting the funds together.

12. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

To update your central heating? Shut the radiator down and put a jumper on. o_O

andybeau and heliocentric like this.
  13. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

I'll be having a hard enough task in getting my accountant aka the wife to approve the turntable - no chance in upgrading the central heating which is reasonably new anyhow. And getting a new jumper - phew!! Can't have a turntable and a jumper I'll set the radiator on mid heat.

andybeau and Colin M like this.
  14. JCOehler

JCOehler Forum Resident

Went home during my lunch break to let the dogs out and this was waiting for me....:righton:

[​IMG]

15. missan

missan Forum Resident

What is it?

16. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

What phonostage and interconnects will you be using with your new TT & Ania cart?

17. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

Interconnects are hard wired on Rega turntables/tonearms.

kenbefound likes this.
  18. JCOehler

JCOehler Forum Resident

My system is in my Profile but here ya go:

Pre Amplifier: Manley Chinook
    Amplification: Hegel H360

Erocka2000 answered the interconnect question from the P6 but from the Chinook to the Hegel I use some Belden cables

19. JCOehler

JCOehler Forum Resident

Ahhh....sure

20. kenbefound

Thanks, I checked before posting but this is the message I got;

Steve Hoffman Music Forums - Error
    This member limits who may view their full profile.

21. JCOehler

JCOehler Forum Resident

Well crap! I sincerely apologize, I had no idea my settings were limited. I just changed so hopefully you can now view.

Strat-Mangler and kenbefound like this.
  22. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Well fire it up!

23. kenbefound

Yes, I'm anxious to hear how it sounds but understand we have to allow for the cart to break in as well.

24. JCOehler

JCOehler Forum Resident

I'll try to get you all some first impressions after this weekend. As kenbefound points out I do want to get some hours on the cartridge, well, the entire set-up before I have any opinions.

25. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

You seem surprised. I think they've sent it to the wrong address as mine has not arrived. Can you forward it on to me. :agree: Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.