Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yeah it changes hands too much now. from 1963-1988 only 9 guys held the belt. bruno had it for 8 years and then again for 4 more years. of course ivan koloff was the transition heel taking it from bruno and holding it about 1 month before pedro morales had it for about 3 years. then stan stasiak was the transition heel used to give it back to bruno. finally when they had major heel superstar bill graham win he was the first heel to hold it for a decent amount of time, about 1 year. backlund then had it for about 6 years. after that iron shiek was the transition heel holding it for about 1 month until hogan took it. sgt slaughter is the last true transition heel. holding it for about 2 months.

i know after that the belt starting changing hands too much and then mankind has a run of like 1 day in the late 90's when stone cold refused to drop the belt to HHH and asked that it be given to mankind first. mankind had like 3 reigns that were very short in 1999

4. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Tony Schiavone remembers Bobby Heenan

Beatledust likes this.
  5. Beatledust

Beatledust Forum Resident

Listening to Schiavone's podcast has become a Monday night tradition, while I'm stuck at work. It sure makes the time go by faster.

MikeInFla and JamieC like this.
  6. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Now who is going to make sure that the world is being "fair to Flair"?

Who will tell it like it is in the sports entertainment world as a broadcast journalist?

7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

In honor of Bobby I have been watching some classic clips. Cool stuff, only Bobby and Gorilla.

Daniel Plainview and Rhett like this.
  8. Matthew Tate

just turned on wwe raw to see if at the start theres is a tribute

9. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

There was, but they should have done a lot more. I feel like he should have gotten a "roster on the stage with a ten bell salute" type thing instead of just a title card at the beginning.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Matthew Tate

yes i was shocked. thought they'd do that for him

11. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

Watched a little bit tonight. I have to say The Miz has come a long way.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Funny how call ups from NXT have been more misses than hits... but IMO they really hit with Elias. Loved the old school heel move of yelling at the kid and his mother in the crowd... saying he was gonna have them removed from San Jose! :laugh:

13. Matthew Tate

i agree they are hit and miss and imo the wwe has never recovered from the short span of shawn michaels retiring, HHH semi retiring, chris jericho going part time and cm punk and daniel bryan no longer wrestling. too many big blows in a 4-5 year span. plus other wrestlers like rey mysterio, RVD, undertaker now, etc leaving/retiring the wwe is just trying to fill the talent void fast

14. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

I was hoping for a Goldust win last night, but, alas, it was pretty easy for Bray Wyatt to pin him after a Sister Abigail. Goldust came out strong and showed great energy when he was taking the fight to Wyatt.

MikeInFla likes this.
  15. Matthew Tate

how many legends from other companies did wwe make look like fools? dust and jerry lawler. who else?

16. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Sting
    Vader
    Terry Taylor
    Pretty much the entire ECW roster

17. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

Booker T when he showed up as WCW champion initially, DDP when he was the first WCW guy to show up, etc etc etc

18. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I reckon Dusty tops that list with the yellow polka dots... although Dusty managed to get it over.

Dugan and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Texas Tornado was a stupid gimmick. Why replace the legendary Von Erich claw with that lame spinning punch?

MikeInFla likes this.
  20. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

It wasn't a gimmick it was just a new nickname. I don't think that the claw would have gone over in the WWF.
    The "Discus Punch" had been in Kerry's arsenal forever. They just renamed it. Kerry was a discus thrower that was in line for an Olympic shot. They were using his regular ring name a lot in a few weeks. They couldn't call him Modern Day Warrior as there were three "Warriors" there already.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Matthew Tate

what exactly did they do to sting and vader?

22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

While Vader did himself no favors, he was turned into a monster job guy. And Sting lost to HHH and Seth Rollins to finish his career. No respect in either case.

23. Matthew Tate

sting had complete control over his character so he agreed to lose those matches. the wwe didn't force him to do that. also his career wasn't suppose to end with the seth rollins match

24. Matthew Tate

yeah no idea what the DDP angle was even trying to do.

25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

What was the point of feeding him to HHH? It STILL makes no sense.

MikeInFla likes this.