Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reader

Reader Senior Member

So bluesbro and I aren't the only ones getting SandbagUK e-mails? Good luck to all of us. Bob are you listening?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    bluesbro and HominyRhodes like this.
  2. deanrelax

deanrelax Forum Resident

From Sandbag's webpage: Sandbag was established in 2002 and has grown organically and independently to employ more than 50 personnel. With a second office now open in Los Angeles, CA, we offer global solutions with a personal touch to our clients.

Sandbag will handle all orders, irrespective of them being UK, US or EU. Sandbag's parent company is UK based, but they have US offices as well. I wouldn't be too worried about the UK reference in the US confirmations.

As far as I can tell from this and the other thread is that the "San Diego pop up" is totally
    absent on the EU site, bob-dylan-eu.myshopify.com, but will show on its UK counterpart and more often than not on US orders. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that the EU orders will not get the "SD bonus", I've e-mailed Sandbag UK and would expect an answer tomorrow European time. Given the current chaos and to smooth things over, I wouldn't be surprised if all early EU orders will have SD as a bonus even if they were not included in the e-mail confirmation, but we'll see.

I've placed two orders, one from UK and one from EU. The confirmation from the UK order contains SD. No such luck with the EU order.

3. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks very much for all that info. Deep down, I'm fairly confident that my order went through. I did see a screen similar to the one posted by @Percy Song and the charge showed up on my credit card. I'm just hoping that Sandbag's 50 employees start issuing all the proper confirmations ASAP, so we can all go back over to the other BS V.13 thread and learn more about what we have to look forward to.

4. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Posted this on the other thread, too, but does anyone know why it's not yet available on Amazon.co.uk?

5. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I know with Paypal you get charged right away. If you pay with a credit card does it get charged at time of shipment or immediately? Thanks in advance for the answer

6. I was told that via BobDylan.com (or Sandbag, whatever) you get charged right away.

7. HominyRhodes

I think that's true for PayPal, but I think credit cards aren't charged until the order ships. Last time I checked, payment was "pending" on mine, and the seller hadn't been paid yet.

8. dbacon

dbacon Forum Resident

Yes...my card was charged right away.

9. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Thanks guys

10. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Ordered a few hours ago through the Dylan site via paypal. Got the confirmation, $202.63 with tax & shipping. Includes the San Diego show.

11. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Hi HR, Does BD.com charge your card when ordered or when shipped? :)

12. HominyRhodes

They haven't actually charged it yet, so I'm assuming they will when it ships.

13. Bob M.

Bob M. Forum Resident

$190.48 with expedite shipping. It's been my experience with the Bob Dylan official site if you don't pick the right type of shipping you won't get this on it's release date.

[​IMG]

HominyRhodes likes this.
  14. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Here we go! I'm jacked!

HominyRhodes likes this.
  15. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

This is what I did too. Stoked!

HominyRhodes likes this.
  16. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

So what do you all think, paper sleeves for the San Diego set? Would be nice if we got a jewel case but probably some sleeves, right?

17. HominyRhodes

I'm guessing cardboard, yeah, but I haven't seen any marketing-type photos of the 2-CD "bonus" yet, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what they provide.

18. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Spin CD's on the UK have theor prices up......

Standard CD £12.99
    https://www.spincds.com/trouble-no-...ol-13-1979-1981-deluxe-8cd-1dvd-box-set-54184

4 x LP Vinyl £69.99
    https://www.spincds.com/trouble-no-...ol-13-1979-1981-deluxe-8cd-1dvd-box-set-54185

Deluxe Edition £119.99
    https://www.spincds.com/trouble-no-more-the-bootleg-series-vol-13-1979-1981-deluxe-8cd-1dvd-box-set

I've got to say I'm thinking about buying the deluxe from somewhere other than Bob's site, I'm not interested in paying an extra £25 - £30 plus P&P on top just for two CD's.

19. hodgo

Amazon Asin numbers listed below though as of yet no prices are up......

Standard CD
    B075QTPXJR

4 x LP Vinyl
    B075R1VP4D

Deluxe Edition
    B075R1VTW9

20. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Spin's prices seem good but since the bricks and mortar shop in Newcastle shut down it's my experience that they often don't deliver. I was also briefly tempted by their £109 price tag on the (are you listening, Bob?) mammoth 27 disc King Crimson "Sailors' Tale" box chronicling the 3 years between 1970-72 but I've been burned before. In any case, after "Trouble No More" at BD.com prices my credit card needs to come up for breath.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    SteveM and hodgo like this.
  21. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I wonder if it'll be issued under the "Performance Series" banner like "Brandeis". It was given away in card sleeves as a freebie with both The Original Mono Recordings Box and with BS Vol 9 over here, and there was a bit of a scramble for it at the time. Then, a year later it appeared as an official release in a jewel case and with sleeve notes by Michael Gray. :(

One of my Brandeis card sleeve editions fitted nicely in the Complete Album Collection Vol.1 so I'm not complaining. Much....

#

mrjinks and HominyRhodes like this.
  22. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Yeah Spin were good but I've been disappointed recently to the point I don't want to give them my money anymore, you pay upfront, I had to ask for refunds on no shows. They're good guys but they seem overwhelmed to the point of not coping and certainly not performing. Shame really.

blueslover99, SteveM and hodgo like this.
  23. hodgo

I hear what you guys say and whilst I've personally been ok with Spin I'll more than likely go the Amazon route. I posted the link to Spin to show to everyone what the more realistic prices are likely to be come release day.

blueslover99 likes this.
  24. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Anybody who ordered from the EU site and asked their customer service regarding the inclusion of the San Diego bonus set, has got any reply yet?

25. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

And the Blu-spec japanese set here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.