'Bojack Horseman' New Series on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by profholt82, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

BoJack Horseman has been renewed for season 4!

George P and drasil like this.
  2. wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica The Dude

Great show! Can't wait for season 4!

George P likes this.
  3. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Wrong forum! :)

5. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

That was indeed a great episode... the final joke in the last couple moments was what made it really awesome, though. ;)

Scopitone likes this.
  6. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Cut me some slack, Jack! Bojack back!

September 8, apparently.

--Geoff

Damien DiAngelo likes this.
  7. George P

George P Notable Member

:goodie:

8. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Season 4 is here and while I've only seen the first two eps so far, it's as great as ever. The jokes and satire are as dense and clever as ever - blink, and you'll miss so much. I simply loved Mr Peanutbutter's run for political office and the riff of the old 'how a bill becomes a law' cartoon. It's just brilliant. And how about this gem:

“Of course, there are reasons why a gubernatorial election shouldn’t be decided by a ski race, but are there also reasons why it should? For the sake of fairness, we brought in two experts, with opposite opinions, who will now have equal time to just say those opinions, because that’s what news is!”

Bravo!

Tristero likes this.
  9. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

My father and I are major fans of this show. We both enjoyed the first episode of Season 4 immensely.

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Up to ep 6 now, and loving it! Couple of choice quotes, chilling in different ways, when you hear them in context:

"why, I have half a mind..."
    "hope and prayers"

11. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I didn't even realize Season 4 was on Netflix now.... thanks for the heads-up!

12. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Six episodes in and I'm enjoying the season so far.

Especially the word play:

Princess Caroline: You know the actress Courtney Portnoy?

Todd: I think so. She portrayed the formerly portly consort in the seaport resort.

Princess Caroline: Courtly roles like the formerly portly consort are Courtney Portnoy's forte.

--Geoff

13. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I've see it all now. I think this is the most clever, funny and psychologically insightful show on air. A brilliant season with two episodes worthy of special acclaim: the futuristic one (Jetsons like in feel) and the brilliant Alzheimers ep (11), which made me a little misty.

Another season hasn't yet been ordered as far as I know, but surely, it's just a formality.

Plan9 likes this.
  14. George P

George P Notable Member

Loved this season. For some reason, the prior one didn't grab me as much as the first two.

Now that I have seen all of the season 4 episodes, I plan to go back and re-watch it soon. This show has so much going on and moves so quick, I feel like I haven't really seen a season until I have seen it at least twice.

15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It was! Season 5 has been ordered. Can't wait.

Shawn and George P like this.
  16. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

I'm 6 episodes into the current season, and I'm lovin' it.
    This has to be one of the best shows out there. So many people see a cartoon, and assume it's a comedy. Sure there are lots of funny parts, but it is much deeper than that.

When I realized that they were introducing a kid, I started to worry. 4th season and bringing a kid into the mix...usually means things are near the end for a show. I had no reason to worry.

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It wasn't a kid, it was a foal. :D

ajsmith, Damien DiAngelo and George P like this.
  18. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

I delayed watching this because it was a "cartoon" but I started watching season 1 last night and am about 5 episodes in. I definitely thought it was funny and good enough to keep watching. The consensus seems to be the I've made it through the most "difficult" part and that the show keeps getting better and better (darker and darker) so am looking forward to it.

19. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

Has anyone seen this netflix original show? I've been watching since it came out and recently finished the 4th season. I love it and think it's one of the best shows out right now. It's often hilarious and very clever. Just when everything seems all silly and like a typical adult animated series, the show hits you right in the heart with some of the most devastating scenes I've ever seen on t.v. especially in the later 2 seasons. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. It's a show that gets better as it goes on imo.

Tristero likes this.
  20. Mr. Grieves

Didn't realize there was a thread about this show(I did try to search for it!) :laugh:

The episodes about BoJacks mom in season 4 are pretty brutal

21. George P

George P Notable Member

Indeed! And the casting of his mother was perfect!

Mr. Grieves likes this.
  22. Mr. Grieves

Absolutely. The way they put us in the head of someone with dementia was brilliant imo. And the whole ending with BoJack comforting his mother, who he mostly hates, was heartbreaking to put it lightly. Such great voice actors

Plan9 and George P like this.
  23. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Warning: Spoiler alert!!!

So I finally got through the end of the season. I've been a bit mixed on this show overall. Though often entertaining, sometimes the blend of comedy and drama felt uneasy and Bojack's pathos got to be a little bit heavy handed. But I have to say that I was mighty impressed by how strongly the show wrapped up in the end. Too often with even some of the best shows, the set up is more promising than the fruition, but that definitely wasn't the case here. Season Four managed to deliver all the zany laughs (the clown dentistry subplot was priceless!) along with rich character development and moving catharsis. Bojack's mother has to be one of the least likable characters on the show but that penultimate episode really got inside her character in surprisingly powerful way, a revelation. All around, they managed to tie up the loose ends of the show, but not too tightly. The final bitter-sweet moment between Diane and Peanutbutter was poignant, but the real payoff came when Bojack finally managed to do something genuinely unselfish for Hollyhock. That last shot where you get to see him beaming felt uplifting yet well earned. Four stars for Season Four!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Deesky and Mr. Grieves like this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

After being heckled and ridiculed by several friends of mine, I finally sat down and started watching Bojack Horseman and I'm enjoying it very much. It's a mean, wicked, nasty, very funny show. And life in Hollywoo really is like this sometimes.

[​IMG]

25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It's a supremely insightful and funny show. It's literally packed with bits one can easily miss if not paying complete attention.

Vidiot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.