Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

2. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

I have yet to receive an email confirmation, not a big deal, but when trying to register an account, I get this message:

We could not process the form because of the following errors:
    • form - We have sent an email to ***@***.**, please click the link included to verify your email address.
    I never got any email, nothing in my junk folder, and no way to circumvent this. I still have the order number, so I can always refer to that. I ended up cancelling my first order because my Samsung phone never got the pop-up for the bonus disc, and I assumed it would just be included. Panic forced me to cancel and re-order on my laptop so I could see that it would be included. Such a strange ordering system.

3. The Bard

The Bard Highway 61 Revisited. That is all.

Their "contact us" link on the order confirmation page takes you to a "no-reply" email address. Certainly an interesting approach.

4. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

That ImportCDs price is sweeter than spun sugar but I went with expensive ol' BobDylan.com for this new set 'cause I just gotta have them two extra (and supposedly exclusive) San Diego '79 bonus discs.

DanBNash and Electric Sydney like this.
  5. hodgo

Does anyone have any thoughts on the kind of price this item is likely to bottom out at? I'm tempted to order the CD box from JPC, but is it to early to commit to anyone from whom it's not easy to cancel the order should it become cheaper elsewhere. Having never used JPC I don't know if it's a simple process or not.

Clanceman likes this.
  6. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

A question for UK based members - having ordered the set from the website, do you know how much Royal Mail will charge for delivery?

7. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

£11.00

Bink likes this.
  8. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I am sorry I do not know but I expect a bunch of additional charges for the Dylan website version with San Diego. Also and this is not meant to be troll like but I see no guarantee that I will get a San Diego as it does state limited quantities available. I have ordered from the Dylan website but I also ordered a regular version from Badlands in the UK. The website version will presumably take a while to get here in the UK. Hopefully it will not be a post office job as they tend to write to you informing you of the extra charges and then you pay and rearrange delivery or collect it yourself.

Bink likes this.
  9. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Thanks. So no additional charges to the shipping cost quoted?

10. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Thanks for this. I would be very unpleasantly surprised if San Diego is not received as I consider my email confirmation an acknowledgement of my order!

11. Flaming Torch

So would I. Perhaps it will be quite straightforward. I notice my email came from Bob Dylan UK. The email confirms the order of the box set but there is no mention of San Diego. I am pretty certain we will all get one as no doubt they will pull down the bonus cd thing when they run out. Well I hope they would anyway.

Bink likes this.
  12. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Why should there be additional charges, particularly since it's being handled by Bob Dylan 'UK'?

Flaming Torch and The Killer like this.
  13. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Graham, if you trust Spin to come up with the goods they still have the CD set at £119.99 for the first 40 orders they receive. A few at this price point remain this morning. Sounds like a bargain if you're not going to spring for the BD.com offer of the box plus a "free" San Diego at £161.

https://www.spincds.com/trouble-no-more-the-bootleg-series-vol-13-1979-1981-deluxe-8cd-1dvd-box-set

hodgo likes this.
  14. hodgo

Yeah, I'm sorely tempted, the main thing putiing me off is the paying upfront and experiences of other members and friends with similar negative experiences.

15. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

16. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

None that I could see, I believe the stock is coming from the uk this time after the costs involved for customers that got the big blue box last time.

Peace and love✌
    Dave

Flaming Torch and Bink like this.
  17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Be careful preordering from import cds. Last time I pre-ordered from them they hit my card two times and it took a while for me to get the problem fixed. It wouldn't of mattered to me but I used my debit card, and my checking was seriously low at the time.

18. Flaming Torch

Well I guess you are right as the email confirmation came from Bob Dylan UK. Thanks.

bobcat likes this.
  19. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I've ordered the 9 CD box from JPC and it's easy to cancel if a cheaper price comes along before release. I've also ordered other items in the past with no issues.

I wouldn't order from Spin if I were you. They take your money but you may never get your order, I have given them several chances over the years only to be let down 9/10. I did manage to get my money back in the end, after a lot of hassle.

Percy Song and hodgo like this.
  20. Flaming Torch

Hodgo, Badlands UK are excellent - I have been buying stuff for years from them. Cards are charged on dispatch and they answer their phones for any queries.
    Also I was wrong and it seems the official website release with the San Diego show as a bonus is coming from a UK source thus removing all the aggravation of import duties/vat. In fairness to Dylan's site with the mega Cutting Edge box apart from the import/vat costs the whole ordering and delivery was pretty good in my experience.

hodgo likes this.
  21. shadow blaster

shadow blaster Forum Resident

I cancelled my BD EU preorder (where I did not get confirmation for the San Diego show) and ordered through BD UK. Now it worked, and San Diego is confirmed in the order. OK, all set now for Nov 3 now I hope... :).

22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

So it looks like IMPORT CDS is the cheapest option? Does anyone have a coupon code?
    Do they usually raise the price during a pre order or can I wait and order?

23. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

We all knew Amazon's price will drop before the release date. Now it's down from the full list price to $149.63. I have a feeling it will go lower than that too.

Clanceman likes this.
  24. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Glad I stuck with my Amazon order.

I preordered the Bruce Dickinson solo works box & almost went with another vendor before it dropped significantly at Amazon. There was a big drop on the Metallica Master Of Puppets Super Deluxe as well. I used another vendor for that one as well.

Unless it's something that's pressed & distributed by Analogue Productiins (Acoustic Sounds) or MFSL, Audio Fidelity, or a Japan release, etc - my preference would be to stick to Amazon. Prime Shipping - day of release.

Wish I had more patience. I hate coming in here when everyone's talking about what I should be holding & playing.

Hell, if I had real patience I'd wait far beyond release date go with Amazon on some lightning deal later.

One last thought regarding this release: it wouldn't surprise me to see it drop yet again before street date. Honestly it's the most intriguing release for me....but still after "Cutting Edge."

"Cutting Edge" was the Holy Grail of these sets imo. I mean it's a mine of treasure from a period that every breath & every note recorded on the records from that period challenge the greatest from anyone or any band ever.

Maybe, just maybe....his most criminally underrapreciated period may continue that way for this substantial release.

hodgo likes this.
  25. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I had a feeling that would happen. Looking forward to San Diego though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.