Rega introduces the new Rega Planar 6 Turntable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by btf1980, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My amp was 2k, my RP6 was 2k (before upgrades). So right in there accidentally.

2. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Planar 6 is in the house!

3. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

Welp, using that formula with my system is about 1-3-200. LOL.

Great review.

4. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

Can't help you man, but you've certainly helped me understand the marketplace just a bit better. Thanks.

5. waka500

waka500 New Member

What do you think about it?

kenbefound likes this.
  6. Maccaroni

Maccaroni Forum Resident

Interestingly this thread has quietened right down since people have started to actually receive their units!

7. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Seems like no one is complaining then ? Else someone would already have releashed the dogs !

displayname and kenbefound like this.
  8. Jose Ignacio

Jose Ignacio Well-Known Member

i was also wondering what the radio silence was about. Maybe not too many users yet. Personally, i will buy one when they offer colors other than gray and after they run more batches of Ania production

Tartifless likes this.
  9. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Indeed, before the release this joint was jumpin, now that it's out, crickets...

10. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Everyone's too busy spinning albums on them!

displayname and kenbefound like this.
  11. Not a lot of american stores have them yet. I’ve bee auditioning speakers lately and several of the stores carry Rega so ive asked them about the P6. They all said they expect them soon.

kenbefound likes this.
  12. Tartifless

Same here, the grey finish will not fit my room, waiting for white or glossy black !

13. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

I think you'll be looking at a can of Krylon if you want that. When you see one in person, I'll bet you change your mind on the appearance. The trim is gloss black and it's a really sharp looking deck overall.
    -Bill

14. Tartifless

I know, until they get some in my stores in France i am still only able to see it on the web.
    Which i am sure does not reflect the actual beauty of the beast !

15. Jose Ignacio

Jose Ignacio Well-Known Member

well, i would do a Union Jack version off the gate, add a Rega green and bring back the orange - add color felt mats like the one used in the RP40; the gray plus the smoked cover makes me wonder if they were listening to Roger Waters when they decided on the color scheme

waka500 likes this.
  16. I saw one in person. It's very dark which is beautiful so if one likes black it is still nice. i do love the matte over the glossy black on my RP6.

17. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

How many actually bought one?

18. Not me. Happy with my P3. Always struggling for nirvana never brings happiness IMO. Let me be clear, if you do not like what you have, go for what you feel makes you happy. For me its a question of love the one you are with.

19. missan

missan Forum Resident

Would it be possible for one that have bought the P6 to upload a file with a 3150Hz test tone, and one from a silent groove?

TVC15 likes this.
  20. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Not sure how many arrived from Rega in the first batch, but they were all spoken for by dealers months ago. Most of my first orders were sold, but I do still have two on hand (one with an Aria and one with an Exact).
    Like Bill mentioned above, the finish does look much better in person then what they appear to show in online pictures.

21. displayname

displayname Forum Resident

Here's a question for anyone that has or is getting the P6. Will the aluminum subplatter be perfect as is, or would getting a Groovetracer subplatter somehow still be better? I can tell they are different, but would you expect one to be better really?

22. I'm just guessing but I doubt the existing Groovetracers will fit these new tables. And with Rega designing their version, I doubt they will be needed.

displayname likes this.
  23. Kristian1980

Kristian1980 Forum Resident

Eagerly waiting for a more reviews of this from users. I have a DV-20X2L cartridge - does anyone know if I'd need a spacer, and which one? would it compromise the integrity of the arm?

24. Berty Bass

Berty Bass New Member

Can't say how many you'll need but I've a Goldring Excel MC on my P6 and added a 2mm spacer. It's an older, Rega 'gasket' type. The new arm bolts are slighty wider diameter so I needed to drill the ones on the spacer out a bit but otherwise a simple job of detaching the arm completely (2.5mm hex) and undoing the cable retention clamp from the underside of the plinth to feed the cable all the way through the plinth so I could slip the spacer over. 20 minute job and no issues at all. One word though - I suspect adding any spacer will mean you can't play with the lid down. Rega do include a little plastic, self-adhesive 'bumper' to protect the plinth. I cut that in half and just added a couple of bits under the lid towards the hinges and it lifts the lid over the counter weight.

Kristian1980 likes this.
  25. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

The DV-20X2L is over 3 mm taller than a Rega cartridge, so you’d need a spacer of about that thickness to maintain the same tracking angle.

Kristian1980 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.