Real Time Click Repair MiniPC Setup

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by krisbee, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne Bull

Wayne Bull Forum Resident

Tried the archive but it only downloads the latest version unfortunately.

2. krisbee

krisbee Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just wish I could have gotten this running on a Raspberry Pi, but the java layer just was too demanding - I do wonder if the Pi3 has enough power or the Odroids out there... its why I ended up buying the Brix with a celeron processor - even that though, crankmup the settings too high on a bad recording and the program starts stuttering badly and is hard to recover from.

3. krisbee

You have to go back in the history... like try 2015...

4. Wayne Bull

Thanks, got it now.

As you say, had to go way back to 2015.

Just wondering if it would still work OK once I register the copy, being as it's so old?

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Also wonder what features you're giving up on by getting an older version.

6. krisbee

Development on the RT version stopped around 2015, so you arent losing any features. Yes, it should register without issue.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  7. Wayne Bull

Muckyfingers,

Did you purchase a new license?

8. muckyfingers

muckyfingers Forum Resident

No, it comes already licensed.

9. Wayne Bull

After some help if possible please?
    Trying to set this up using a MacBook Pro 2015. By default the 2015 one doesn't have a sound input port so I'm using a Behringer uca202 usb control.
    I've changed my sound output and input to the behringer in sound preferences to suit but on the drop down menu in Clickrepair RT it still only shows
    built in microphone as the sound input.
    Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or is it simply click repair won't recognise the Behringer as its a USB input?

Many Thanks

Wayne

10. Wayne Bull

Sorted this...thanks.

What a brilliant little program this is.

11. krisbee

The trouble you had is one reason why the author said he stopped offering/supporting the RT version - how java handles sound cards can be tricky and it is completely out of his control. I know it was hard for me to figure out in Linux (but I did and documented it)...

12. Strat-Mangler

Thinking of buying a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD sound card and use that as it features the Burr Brown PCM4220 ADC chip for line-in recording and the Wolfson WM8775 ADC chip for mic input recording.

It also features replaceable Opamp chips as well. The quality should be fantastic. The only stumbling block would be if ClickRepairRT doesn't detect the sound card as a source. I doubt I'd find anybody who gave it a try so I won't have a choice but to give it a go and hope for the best.

13. Wayne Bull

This program is fantastic.

Been out and purposely brought some real beat up records yesterday to test it and they all sound like new after being played through clickrepair with no sound degredation.

I've found the program plays much nicer in Windows although I have had it running on my macbook.

I think it's because java is handled much better in Windows (this being a java program)

I'm just running input and output through a Beringher UCA202 and it sounds marvellous.

Got a minix fanless mini PC on order to have this running on full time.

krisbee likes this.
  14. Strat-Mangler

Was the version you've found pre-registered? Because mine isn't.

15. Wayne Bull

No, it was for a 22 day trial.

I contacted Brian (the author) and he sent me the last version of Clickrepair RT which I think is about 1.44. I then brought a license which costs $40 (Aus)

krisbee likes this.
  16. krisbee

The program doesn't really detect anything - it relies on Java to work and do the sound interfacing - SO, as long as the sound cards show up in java, it will show up in ClickRepairRT... I don't think you will have an issue. However, mic input wouldn't work - you will need line input and to have the audio already RIAA curved with a proper phono preamp beforehand.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  17. Wayne Bull

Thanks for the head's up on this Kris.

Saved me a bundle as I was considering one of those sugar cube units.

Strat-Mangler and krisbee like this.
  18. Strat-Mangler

Same here, although these units look to be more advanced, I'm wondering what the buzz will be about them once they start rolling. According to a member I've been in contact with, a couple of people have received their units and have been greatly satisfied with them.

But I don't have $1500 (or however they cost) to throw around right now. If I can get the same result by spending about 7% of that amount, I'll be happy. :)

19. krisbee

IIRC, the sweerwater will rip stuff and automatically figure out track breaks and the whole thing, in addition to realtime click repair... but still, the real reason people are buying it is for the realtime capability. I hope the renewed interest will encourage the author to re-offer the program.

20. Strat-Mangler

That's the 2nd more expensive model. The first one is simply a real-time declicking/depopping STB.

21. Wayne Bull

I've been told the sc-1 will retail for about a £1000 here in the UK and be sold by Henley Designs. Due out early 2018

22. harby

harby Forum Resident

BTW, if you want a quiet, auto-powering computer for audio projects, you can find Dell Optiplex 755, 760, or 780 with ~3GHz Core 2 Duo CPUs for pretty cheap in the ultra-small form factor (which is quite small; that's a laptop-size DVD drive). 780 has display port out which can be used with DP->HDMI adapter:

[​IMG]

The SFF platform is a bit larger, but adds low-profile card slots for a video card with HDMI.

Arduino and Raspberry Pi projects become silly when a real computer can be had for the same price. Just add your USB sound interface if you want better than onboard audio, remote control or wireless keyboard, etc, and you've got anything media center in your living room you'd want (short of 4K or simulated 3D).

23. Strat-Mangler

I agree, although I'll be using my arcade PC which is sitting in its cabinet next to the stereo anyway. :)

24. Strat-Mangler

Managed to get a Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD sound card at a great price.

Fantastic reviews in regards to sound quality, SNR, DAC, and ADC.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD review

Hope it'll all work like a charm. Now, I wonder if I'll need to contact the author of ClickRepair or if I can just launch it, register it, and then ClickRepairRT will automatically work as well.

25. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Did you get any further with this? I’m tempted to have a dabble myself. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.