Tears for Fears - New Greatest hits with 2 new songs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by negative1, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan Thread Starter

New compilation coming out later this year with 2 new songs:

New Tears For Fears Compilation (with Two New Tracks), Rule The World: The Greatest Hits

On November 10, Mercury Records will release a new greatest hits collection for Tears For Fears, and add two brand new tracks to it (see track-list below). This album will draw from all released Tears For Fears albums to create the most up to date collection. And when you add in the two new songs, well, the acquisition is rather necessary for Tears For Fears fans.

The collection is being called Rule The World: The Greatest Hits.

Rule The WorldTears For Fears

01. Everybody Wants To Rule The World
    02. Shout (Edit)
    03. I Love You But I’m Lost (NEW TRACK)
    04. Mad World
    05. Sowing The Seeds Of Love
    06. Advice For The Young At Heart
    07. Head Over Heels
    08. Woman In Chains
    09. Change
    10. Stay (NEW TRACK)
    11. Pale Shelter
    12. Mothers Talk (US Version)
    13. Break It Down Again
    14. I Believe
    15. Raoul And The Kings Of Spain
    16. Closest Thing To Heaven

later

2. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Hopefully, the new songs will be available to buy as individual tracks from amazon and/or iTunes, instead of it being the old scam where fans who have all of the old songs have to buy the whole album for one or two new songs (which I will not do).

3. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

Wonder if these are the Steven Wilson remasters (the tracks from SFTBC)...

4. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Oh, and putting the edited version of Shout = epic fail.

5. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

So those 3 RSD cover songs from a couple years ago are still MIA on CD?

Hep Alien and JulesRules like this.
  6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

totally agree, those days are long gone........get them individually or wait for a cheap used copy.

this train lest the station years ago.....the new gag is the "anniversary" edition....an even bigger scam. (dig up a couple of old tunes, call them "out-takes"..throw them on as bonus tracks...jack up the price...re-sell the album.....even worse......add a second CD of an old 45 minute concert.

kwadguy and ThmsFrd like this.
  7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I view this as the label trying to figure out the sales/critical demand for a new TFF release.

8. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

This is crazy. They have been promising a new album for a couple years now. That doesn't seem likely if they're putting new material on a greatest hits release. :/

BeatlesBop likes this.
  9. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

More than one older artist I like has released two new songs on a greatest hits album, only to include them on a long awaited comeback album a year later.

10. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Not sure what else you can add to a deluxe reissue?! And the Seeds of Love box set will be a TFF dream come true, guessing from what I've heard. It's just taking ages to release...

I'd only agree if I knew which edit is being used. The US edit was a vinyl rip on the SFTBC box set, including a clean transfer would be an incentive to buy for me. As would putting on the PROPER version of "Mothers Talk (US Remix)", not the one that had tons of reverb added to it in 1990!

Steven's remixes were DVD/BD-only (and Steven himself said the original mix can't be bettered), so I can't see that happening. I hope Andy Walter's mastering will be used. Maybe the "Hurting" tracks can be remastered once more? Peter Mew's version from the box set didn't sound so great.

11. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

Steven’ remix of Songs From The Big Chair was released on vinyl - just not in the USA. I have a copy of it and it’s amazing.

JulesRules likes this.
  12. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'm sure they will be. If nothing else, they'll be up for streaming.

And, like someone else said, odds are decent that they show up on the new album, assuming it ever comes out.

13. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Yep, It's also on streaming service. It's great - but then so is the original mix!

14. JulesRules

Right, I forgot about that. Still I can't imagine they'd put those versions on a compilation with otherwise original mixes.

15. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

the 90's albums are ignored badly

danielbravo, Drew769 and JulesRules like this.
  16. JulesRules

17. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

How many compilation albums does TFF have now? It must be at least 10. This is getting ridiculous.

I'm interested in the new songs so I hope I can purchase them individually.

Hep Alien likes this.
  18. JulesRules

But if you narrow it down to the interesting ones, it's only a handful. Personally, I'd only count "Tears Roll Down", "Saturnine Martial & Lunatic" & the "Gold" double CD. Plus this new one now.

19. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Do you seriously think that record labels are lining up to sign them. Tacking the new tracks on another compilation was probably about the only way to get these out.

20. morgan1098

They have already signed with Warner Bros. for the new album. And in interviews this summer Roland said the album was basically done. This compilation idea is baffling. Interestingly, they're actively promoting one of the new songs on the comp as a single:

[​IMG]

21. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Wondering how many tunes will be edits?

nlgbbbblth likes this.
  22. Say It Right

So then are those 2 songs to be included on the next album too?

Hep Alien likes this.
  23. morgan1098

Good question! Since they have signed with Warner Bros. I would assume new material is owned by Warner. But this comp is obviously being put out by Mercury/Universal, etc. so who knows? Maybe they're songs from the vault or maybe they were done before the Warner deal. Or they are licensed from Warner? That's part of why this is so confusing.

The sad reality, though, is that TFF will probably make way more money by releasing another compilation with hits on it than they will releasing a "new" album, if that ever happens.

Hep Alien and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Say It Right

Reminds me a bit like The Who with 2 new songs on a comp, then the new album came without. Different labels also.

Christopher B and morgan1098 like this.
  25. JulesRules

Likely licensed. Universal owns the bulk of the material on the GH comp so it makes sense to release it via Mercury/Universal. Like "Gold" in 2006 with one new song (Floating Down the River) and an exclusive live track.

By the way, Steve Hammonds told me the compilation was his idea, but he wasn't involved with its release - which is exactly the answer I didn't expect...

Hep Alien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.