Robert Plant new album "Carry Fire" on Nonesuch/Warner (10/13/2017)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Elliottmarx, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Kind of in the same boat. Marillion is going to be within a week of the that Plant show but I'm thinking I really need to see this one too.

2. Black Thumb

Black Thumb Yah Mo B There

Robert and Chrissie's voices pair very nicely (I'm sure they'd sound even better without all the processing), but "Bluebirds" is a bit of a slog.

Didn't help that I played the peppy Beach Boys version first.

3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

The Beacon would be a great place to see him if you haven't seen him yet. I saw him there back in early 2012. I'd seen him a few times already but was glad I went to the Beacon show. Great venue.

4. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

NYC. No tickets available literally 30 seconds after they went on sale? Hmmm.....nothing rotten about that.:realmad:

5. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Yes....arippoff :thumbsdow

johnny q likes this.
  6. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Big time. Now watch, they will pop up on secondary markets at three times face value. I don't know why I would expect anything else...but it still ticks me off.

Back on topic....can't wait for Plant's album! :)

7. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

I loved his take on "Bluebirds..."

No Static likes this.
  8. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

9. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I really do not like streaming a full album before it comes out (of course no issue with others that do), especially when I have the vinyl on order. It tends to give me a different reaction and feel for the music. I prefer to hear it old school, get the vinyl or whatever your choice of format is on street and fire it up on your system the right way and enjoy!

With that said, I am still looking forward to early feedback, but I am holding tight until it's release.

Peachy and FourWalledWorld like this.
  10. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Yes, same here (vinyl on pre-order too). However, even if I did want to hear it, the stream seems to be unavailable in Europe.

scotti likes this.
  11. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

Hope it's something like that Alison Krauss collaboration he did a few years back. He's done his time as a rawk god and is totally free to do what wants regardless of the masses who'll only be happy with a heavy guitar-oriented release. :hide: Robert, do as you wish.

12. pghmusiclover

I like hearing the music in advance, even if I have it on pre-order (and it sounds great, so far -- even if I'd prefer a follow-up the Allison Krauss or Band Of Joy projects). But then I also like to know the set list of upcoming concerts I'm going to, so there ya go: "different strokes for different folks"!

scotti likes this.
  13. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

DR of all 6 and 7's unfortunately.

14. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

15. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

Deezer has a few of the songs from Robert's new album available for streaming. The songs sound really good!

16. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

Listening to a preview copy now.

It's a 'dense' recording...heavy drums on most...but seems to work with the songs. Vocals are clear on most tracks. Almost sounds like a T-Bone Burnett production but no, it's Robert Plant's baby and was recorded at many different locations. I think the sound would fit the vinyl format just fine, too. Many elements remind me of his old band. And "Bluebirds..." works.

JasonA likes this.
  17. pghmusiclover

18. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

The last album sounds fantastic, one of the better sounding CDs in recent years, although the vinyl was better.

19. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Analyzed: Robert Plant / Carry Fire
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR Peak RMS Duration Track
    DR6 0.00 dB -8.37 dB 4:14 01-The May Queen
    DR6 0.00 dB -7.55 dB 3:28 02-New World...
    DR6 -0.08 dB -8.31 dB 4:19 03-Season's Song
    DR6 0.00 dB -8.75 dB 4:48 04-Dance with You Tonight
    DR6 0.00 dB -7.54 dB 3:54 05-Carving up the World Again... A Wall and Not a Fence
    DR7 -0.01 dB -10.99 dB 5:19 06-A Way with Words
    DR6 0.00 dB -8.75 dB 5:26 07-Carry Fire
    DR6 0.00 dB -7.89 dB 3:47 08-Bones of Saints
    DR7 0.00 dB -8.95 dB 4:08 09-Keep It Hid
    DR6 0.00 dB -7.79 dB 4:59 10-Bluebirds Over the Mountain
    DR6 0.00 dB -8.45 dB 4:42 11-Heaven Sent
    Number of tracks: 11
    Official DR value: DR6
    Samplerate: 44100 Hz
    Channels: 2
    Bits per sample: 16
    Bitrate: 877 kbps
    Codec: FLAC
    ================================================================================

Musicisthebest likes this.
  20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i listen to the last few plant albums (which i find , for all intents and purposes - unlistenable) and know what page has done in the last 30 years and wonder how these 2 ever did such amazing and outstanding and wonderful music together for those few years.

i just don;t get it, don;t get it at all.

21. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

.................and I seems Amazon will deliver mine just after I go on holiday!!! Have to listen to it on the 24th then................

22. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

23. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Pretty psyched for this release for some reason; I guess I really like the feel of these tracks, the atmosphere. Even gonna venture down to the Beacon in Feb to take in the show, will be the first time I've seen him since 1995. Before that it was 1983 so I guess I tend to go awhile between shows!

24. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

25. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

I received my CD copy yesterday (free with purchase of a ticket) and I liked it more that I was expecting. I'm looking forward to hearing these songs in concert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.