Stephen King's Mr Mercedes on the Audience Network

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Madness, Aug 20, 2017.

1. johnaltman

johnaltman Forum Resident

she was dead. if you wait to long it can be hard to get the eyes to stay closed

2. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Tellyawhat, it's too bad these limited series rarely see any recognition at awards time, 'cause Kelly Lynch and Harry Treadaway (Mr. M & his mom) were extraordinary in this episode. The physicality necessary in her acting when he brought her upstairs was amazing.

3. johnaltman

So... was that the end?

4. The current season of American Horror story is a joke. Don't have Direct TV so,probably won't get to be able to watch this. I did like Gerald's Game on Netflix though.

5. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

One more to go!

johnaltman likes this.
  6. johnaltman

Hmm.. I really don't see how that's going to wrap up in one episode..

7. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just a wild guess but I don't think it's going to end well for Mr. M!;)

8. johnaltman

Yeah, at least his mother never had to know it was him.

9. johnaltman

So many questions though... who was that in the bed? Why did he leave someone in the bed? It would appear that he wanted them to think it was him, but surely he would know that they would test the remains to confirm..

10. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

Robi. Remember, he killed him with a hammer. They were about the same build, so that will throw the cops off for a little bit...

johnaltman likes this.
  11. johnaltman

Could be. It didn't really look like him but I guess it'd could have been, they only showed him for a second.

12. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I honestly don't see many questions left to be answered at all. The last few episodes have wrapped up just about everyone's story lines. Nope, all that's left is the showdown between the Lawman and Mr. M. I think a few of the good guys are going down 1st though!

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  13. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Yes. If you rewatch... he has a few holes in his skull.

14. Chris from Chicago

Nice satisfying ending. This was a pretty good villain. The smiley face/creepy face e-mails were actually sort of... well... creepy.

It was just renewed for season 2.

15. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I felt it was tied up a tad too neatly but enjoyed it nonetheless. The season/series peaked in the episode where the mother died, what a riviting hour of tv that was! Biggest spoiler I read during the season was that King wrote a few books featuring the detective which told me he was gonna make it out alive. Until I read that, I wasn't so sure.

Vidiot likes this.
  16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Yeah, there are 3 books in the series: Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End Of Watch.

No spoilers, but End Of Watch goes in directions I can't see them pulling off successfully via visual medium. I hope they attempt it, though, as it's really good.

I just hope I get to see Mr. Mercedes at some point.

Vidiot likes this.
  17. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

I enjoyed the whole series except for the ending. I hadn't read the book, so I didn't know what to expect. Something about the ending was anti-climactic for me.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I've read the first two books in the series but haven't had time for End of Watch just yet (but I know where it's headed).

The second book, Finders Keepers, is extremely dark but gets far away from the detective and mainly centers upon a 12-year-old kid who discovers a murderer's $50,000 stash... and things go horribly wrong when the killer gets out of jail and discovers his money missing. I'm not sure how well that could be done as a mini-series. It might actually work better as a 2-hour movie.

19. johnaltman

THEY'RE CONTINUING WITH A SEASON 2 RIGHT!!?

lol I knew Holly would be the one to get him, I just thought she'd kill him..

edit: just read the above, yes!! I knew there were other books about Bill Hodges, I just assumed they were about things other than Mr. M

20. johnaltman

In a way.. I was looking for that moment of confrontation, face to face, and it never really happened. I suspect it will eventually though

21. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

I liked it overall. There is one little plot flaw that never got resolved for me. Perhaps it did in the book.

The accusation that the "Mercedes lady" left her keys in the car seemed very important to the story early-on. That possibility caused great stress to her and the police certainly implied that she might bear some responsibility in the tragedy. That didn't make sense to me for several reasons:

1. I'm not buying that the police would actually blame her simply because her car was used, even if she was careless with the keys. If it wasn't that car, it would have been some other car. The vehicle was not the problem.
    2. Where are the keys now? They never asked her to produce the keys. Either she still had (thus she didn't leave them in the car) or she did not still have them (thus the killer accessed the car through some other method).
    3. Continuing on from Item #2....if the keys were indeed missing, the killer could have taken them from the house. Therefore, investing all persons who had access to the house would have been an important part of the case and not likely ignored by the police.

22. Chris from Chicago

It's been a while, but according to the book... the police never blamed her because it was her car. The police interrogated her because forensics said the car was never broken into. So they wanted to know how the killer may have gotten into her vehicle. Did she leave her key in the ignition? No she insisted. Can you produce the keys for me now? Yes. But I only have one. I have only ever had one. Except the dealer insisted every vehicle is sold with two. The police wouldn't leave her alone because they knew she was lying. Her giving impatient and bitchy answers only led to impression she wasn't telling the truth. The other key fob she left in the glove box. She'd forgotten about that. The killer used some homemade electrical device to get in her car and found the key fob to drive it (how he knew it was there I don't recall). It was the guilt of having left it in the glove box (therefore making her feel responsible) that contributed to her suicide.

There were plenty of details in the novel not mentioned in that series. These were a few.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    etzeppy, jriems and xdawg like this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

In about the second episode, the killer mentions to his mother how he has a device that can open any electrical lock and basically remote-control anything. I assume they would explain how this could be used to open up a keyless-entry car, because it's a critical story point.

24. Beatmusicfan

Beatmusicfan Forum Resident

All Brady needed to do was duplicate the signal from the original key fob to unlock the car. The original key was a moot point from then on.

25. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

The TV version skipped over most of that. Thanks.