X-files reboot?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. Really good news.

2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

3. My guess is that Duchovny will be MIA in the first couple of episodes or minimally involved. Maybe he dies. Wouldn't be the first time.

I hope Chris Carter learned something from the last run--critics largely hated it fans ate it up. He always wants critical acclaim and maybe an Emmy for himself so here's hoping he will up his game.

4. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sigh another dream season where everything we known is does not exist..
    Just rambling... :sigh:

5. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

The show is S&M and I mean that in a couple of ways. Scully and Mulder are all anyone cares about. If you are trying to piece together the plot, seek help. I enjoyed their personal journeys and interplay in the mini. Neither die unless it's an officially declared we mean it this time final episode and that doesn't seem to be part of the plan.

6. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

My guess is that Chris Carter will just keep painting himself into that corner.

7. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I'm glad. But they have to realise that in a limited series, they can't get away with producing three or four crappy episodes like they did in the old days when a series meant 20+ shows - especially after the massive hype the last series had. Let's face it, it was just waiting to be shot down - and I mean criticism beyond the "He looks bigger; she looks thinner; he's wearing his pants lower; the show isn't doing what I want it to; it hasn't got so and so in it; it'll never be as good because these things never are - wah, wah, wah..." stuff. And the scripts left it open to fairly damning - and deserved - criticism. Looking back at it - generously - I thought there were two good episodes; two fair and two bliddy awful. It was almost as if Carter hadn't thought it through - which, of course, was/is the criticism levelled at him for show's later years.

eddiel and Plan9 like this.
  8. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I have always loved this show and I'm glad they have decided to do it again.

Now, just bring "FRINGE" back!

9. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Fringe is my favorite show of all time and I think it ended perfectly. Any more would just ruin it.

MikeInFla, vince and GentleSenator like this.
  10. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

It did end perfectly I have no hang ups about that.

I just miss it..the whole casting was superb as was the story line.

MikeInFla likes this.
  11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Season 11 trailer! It looks pretty intense! Will the entire season be devoted to the mythology arc?

12. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

He's been doing that for years...

Yeah, it does... not that it's an indicator of quality though, but that was rather enjoyable, it has to be said (even David Duchovny looks like he's aged five years in the last two!). Let's hope they give poor Mitch Pilleggi something to do this time out...

13. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Well, he almost dies in the last one! And he has died before...

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Some great shots in the trailer, including an alien strapped to a (human) hospital bed and screaming while evil experiments are being conducted. But Chris Carter has already warned that this will be yet another cliffhanger ending.

smilin ed likes this.
  15. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Was a big fan of the original series and felt pretty let down by the first revival, which killed any good will I have towards a second revival. This honestly looks terrible.

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. Better be better than last years crappy series.

17. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

It won't be.

18. Well obviously I can’t click into that. :tiphat:

19. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

:tiphat:

20. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

You should play the lottery.

Tree of Life and smilin ed like this.
  21. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

You know, I was a faithful viewer - never missed an episode, not even the last few seasons without Duchovny, and last year's mini season, and all of the films - and I can't even remember if they ever resolved the story line about Muldaur's sister. I wish Carter would throw us a bone or two and give us a couple of definitive answers.

Mazzy likes this.
  22. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Closure (The X-Files) - Wikipedia

Tree of Life likes this.
  23. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

He did in Two Fathers and One Son in season 6. As Malcolm Reynolds pointed out, the Samantha Mulder storyline was resolved in season 7.

It's not that Carter doesn't provide answers. He just keeps providing new questions that viewers want answers to.

24. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

No idea why I can't remember that.

25. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.