Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Once Again: Even with this new move back to Capitol, MPL does the same thing: They underestimate what fans really want; they don't realize what fans don't want; they don't consider the consequences of their actions; they provide barely any info, so it just leads to more confusion.

ZippyPippy, supermd, mrjinks and 3 others like this.
  2. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

That's a perfect summary of what MPL does :agree:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

MPL = More Problems Likely! ;)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

Where can I find the colored vinyl for sale and prices in the USA
    Thanks
    Edit: I just read all the posts no one can find these for sale anywhere.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  5. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

The really funny thing is that McCartney's company is called MPL Communications...
    They may do a lot of things, but communication in any form is at the very bottom of their list... :D

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Hope you have better luck than I did. I emailed the udiscover us the day I pre-ordered and they only just now replied. My two questions were "will you be able to honor my pre order" and "did my card charge now or when they will ship" their reply to those questions was "thanks for reaching out, these records are preorders and will be released on 11/17/17 and will have tracking numbers when sent"
    The answer was so stupid that for a minute I thought I was being emailed by MPL themselves.

7. ProfBoz

ProfBoz Forum Resident

Yes, very strange. I have the first five colored vinyl preordered at SoundStageDirect but now can't find the albums for sale anywhere on the site, just the black vinyl.

8. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

Are the colored vinyls a record store day thing maybe.

9. Frank

Frank Senior Member

They are not a record store day thing, but they are "very limited" (the giant wholesaler I used to work with only had 500 of each title available) and exclusive to indie record stores and were not supposed to have been offered for online presale (according to the solicitation I got as I understood it - I've deleted the email since).

Record store day is in April, right?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

So...he advertises them on his own site, but then provides no means or information how the purchase them....and this will be the comprehensive plan.

Mr. Explorer and Derek Slazenger like this.
  11. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

And November, I think.

supermd and Mr. Explorer like this.
  12. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

This situation reminded me of Woody Allen's joke in Annie Hall:

-The food at this place is really terrible
    -I know, and such small portions

:)

MsMaclen, supermd, Eska68 and 4 others like this.
  13. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

....for Black Friday

14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

But they already said the colored discs will be released November 17, which is not April or Black Friday.

15. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

...or More Purchases Lost.

16. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

I just have to have me some colored McCartney vinyl reissues!!!!!

Seriously, what a mess. I was actually stoked about this. Now i can see it's probably not going to be easy. Last time I went to my local record store on a big release day pickin's were slim. I am not a stand in line next to mr "havent bathed this week" only to have him snatch up all the vinyl I was interested in. The whole RSD deal has become similar to scalping tickets to a high profile concert. Everyone wants to just make money off it.

As much as I want these, I am not standing in long lines or paying more than retail....which means I am probably out of luck.

17. Arnold Grove

Yes, indeed!

ZippyPippy and Hep Alien like this.
  18. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

No offense, guys, but do people actually READ these threads? When everyone was saying these were available NOWHERE last Friday/Saturday, I posted a simple link to a Canadian site where they're posted (as cheap/cheaper than anywhere else). Someone else asked about that vendor, and posted the link again (yesterday, I think). Here it is a 3rd time:
    Exclusive Colour Vinyl Bundle | MusicVaultz

EDIT: using code WELCOME knocks $45 off your price, too, bringing it to $255 CAD or roughly $204 US.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  19. Arnold Grove

It will be interesting though to see if all of the online vendors will be able to honor their pre-orders. It's going to be chaos if some people unfortunately get cancellations after the 17th of November.

20. I ordered from the Universal site so if anyone has it they will. Again I argue that these will be available because at this late date, they have to already been pressed and packaged. You don't press up vinyl in the last month running up to the release date these days.

Mr. Explorer and Wiserforthetime like this.
  21. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Yes I'm worried about sites like this filling the orders. If the link was pulled from Paul's site on the official announcement then I would worry about them being filled at any other site. I have them pre ordered thru the link that was on his site and even thru that I'm worried I won't get them. They seem very limited and none of the sites seem to be able to confirm they will honor the pre orders.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Yeah, I'm getting a bit nervous as well. I preordered these on SoundStageDirect yesteday. But today the website no longer lists the colored vinyl editions and only list the standard black vinyl versions for pre order.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

My friend worked at Starbucks during that time and said they played that album all the time.

He also said he didn't like the album, and it hampered his exploration into solo McCartney. I directed him to Chaos and Creation and he was much happier.

24. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  25. Arnold Grove

So which one of you MPL personnel was in charge of the roll-out of this what-we-thought-was-going-to-be-a-simple reissue program?:

[​IMG] ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.