Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

HOLY $***! I'm not a huge GD fan, but this puppy is going for over $125 on Discogs! I too snagged it, shipped to CA for about $27 :D

Heh, this album probably WILL make me a fan! [​IMG]

Thank you SO much for the stunning deal! [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

superstar19 likes this.
  2. latheofheaven

superstar19 and TBos like this.
  3. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

hahaha ... I knew what I you meant ... saw this baby for 100+ as well, and did not hesitate !!! Cannot have enough GD ... ;)

latheofheaven likes this.
  4. latheofheaven

Well, like I said, I am COMPLETELY ignorant about GD except for primarily the one album. Oh, and I think I have in FLAC one of their earlier more Psychedelic albums that I like too - it's not Axomoxa or whatever it is, but the other one either before or after it)

But, I am really looking forward to listening to this and becoming educated. I hastily looked at the reviews, such as they were, here, and oddly there really were only a few that commented kind of 'generally' that the album was good, but almost no specific comments. So, I went by the fact that Kevin Gray mastered it and I hurriedly listened to snippets on Amazon and I liked what I heard. HOPEFULLY the sound is really good on this!

Cheers!

smartiepants likes this.
  5. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

6. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

7. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Not anymore

8. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

9. latheofheaven

Good point... I hadn't thought about that...

TILL NOW...! Thanks a lot... [​IMG]

10. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Very much this for me as well, I do not own a single record of theirs, would this be a good introduction? lets hope it ships

11. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

It is a great set and at this price, no question.

However, "LIVE Dead" is the best starting point for anybody to get into the prime GD psychedelic sound. Then "Workingman's Dead" and "American Beauty", both studio efforts, that remain 2 of the best rock albums ever released. You get their best songwriting but no jamming whatsoever. If you like this GD phase, then get the triple Europe 72 LP set.

latheofheaven and smartiepants like this.
  12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I think it is clearly a pricing mistake, but perhaps they will honor it. We'll see..

13. GertjanE

GertjanE Well-Known Member

smartiepants and Kubricker like this.
  14. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

15. latheofheaven

I do have a FLAC version of American Beauty and I very much do like their Psychedelic sound. That one and Terrapin Station are the two that I am most familiar with and like very much! It's just that liking these, I started listening to some of their other albums and at the time they just sounded like REALLY boring Country music to me, which I have no interest in. Perhaps it was just the specific albums I chose, it was like 20 years ago...

But, thank you kindly for the specific recommendations and mentioning the types they are. I think what I liked when I listened to snippets of this one and from what I read, it sounds like they do a lot of jamming on this one, which being a guitarist myself (using the term loosely) I really like that, so I am very much looking forward to hearing this one. From the snippets on Amazon, the sound quality didn't seem too bad.

16. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Grateful Dead - Two from the vault 4LP- still listed at £20.28.
    My order says it is scheduled to ship Oct. 27. If it was indeed a mistake, you'd think they would have corrected it by now...

17. latheofheaven

Sure hope so!

18. willietheshakes

willietheshakes Forum Resident

Graham, black sheriff, imarcq and 2 others like this.
  19. latheofheaven

Uh, make that $223...

Actually, I'm sorry, you link goes to Amazon.com for some odd reason where HERE in the US it is that high. Oddly though, you are right, when you DO go to Amazon UK then that is the price. Damn weird...!

20. willietheshakes

willietheshakes Forum Resident

I'm still showing 13.79 on .co.uk
    It looks like $223 on .com

21. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

https://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

Nightswimmer likes this.
  22. latheofheaven

I have NO idea what that is :)

Also, it's kind of scary when you click on a link and it automatically 'enables' something that you don't know... Not knowing what it is I clicked 'Disable' when I got there. It would be kind of nice that when a person provides a link that they kindly give some explanation as to what it does before fellow members here click on it.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  23. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Use the viglink just above, or hold your cmd key down (Mac) when you click. The link does go to UK. It's your computer config that is the problem.

24. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

Giving the order a shot at the price. Thanks

25. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

So.... should I cancel my order at £20.28 and reorder...? What the chances that this will actually ship at this price, seems mad!