McIntosh MA7900

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Clanceman, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

Thanks for the info.

I am trying to determine if the new version of the C22 has exactly what I want compared with the original C22 in terms of tape loops. There are clearly some differences since the original C22 did not have CD or DVD inputs

Current C22

[​IMG]

Original C22

[​IMG]

2. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I've read some good things about the new C22. I might have gone that route myself except for the lack of a HT pass through. I wish I didn't need one, but I do.

snorker likes this.
  3. coopmv

I don't have any HT setup so the pass through option is not important to me. The updated C22 actually allows a music server to be connected, which is kind of interesting ...

snorker and Coricama like this.
  4. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

Coricama, Coop

I have a new C22 and it sounds great and is a joy to use. Plenty of great gear out there but for me I enjoy it's quietness, flexibilty, and reliabilty. Nice mc/mm phono preamp plus tone controls which, despite yourself, you will use for time to time. Worth a look.

5. coopmv

Do you have a tape deck connected to your C22? It looks like it should be able to accommodate at least one tape deck.

6. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

Coop

Not an expert on all things tape but it has MM and MC inputs plus 5 line inputs and a tape loop for record/monitoring. Does that answer your question?

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.