Laurie Strode returns in "Halloween" (October 19, 2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I saw an interview with her a few years ago and she said she really didn't need any money. She works for fun, when it suits her. They have enough dough.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, just to be clear.
    She seems to have exited the Hollywood ethos.

2. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

Yup, this is just a way for her to work with Carpenter again especially considering that was one of the reasons she agreed to do H20 to begin with before negotiations with him broke off. And even though he's only an "executive producer" at this point, a few quotes have said they do nothing without his approval so he sounds like he's steering the ship for this outing like what Lucas did for The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I wouldn't be surprised if Curtis didn't originally try to prod him into directing and I'll still be surprised if in the end he doesn't do the music because that seems to be his main focus these days.

3. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

The was also the idea that the "Friday the 13th" director put forth for all sequels, but the producers declined and Cunningham walked. Good thing, because "Friday the 13th part 2" was great.

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

MikaelaArsenault and Encuentro like this.
  5. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Interesting considering he wrote Halloween II. The second film is a natural sequel to the first, the first film flowing seamlessly into the second.

yesstiles and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, that's true... You'd think he would want to include Halloween II in his continuity, at least...

Encuentro likes this.
  7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I really hope he does the music. But I aggree, Halloween 2 goes right along with the first. Still excited for this!

Encuentro likes this.
  8. questrider

Billboard: John Carpenter Discusses Movie Themes Anthology, Directorial Career & Overcoming Stage Fright

MikeInFla and Encuentro like this.
  9. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

As a fan of these films I must admit, these reboots are getting old. First there was H20 which ignored parts 4, 5, and 6 (a fact that infuriated me), then we get the remakes, and now this. Perhaps it's time for something new.

SomeCallMeTim likes this.
  10. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Same here, although I’ve never seen any of the other films. Long been tempted by III but never got around to it.

11. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I used to hate Halloween II because the ending was pretty bad, but I've soften up to it
    Halloween III is worth watching at least once. Some people hate it, some people love it. Very divisive, I personally love it. I think it has some of John Carpenter & Alan Howarth's best score work.

12. MikeInFla

Agreed, III has an awesome sound track and whenever this movie comes on this time of the year I can't turn it off. I don't love it but I like it a lot enough to watch it whenever it comes on.

Marble Index likes this.
  13. MikeInFla

I had no idea this was even a thing! Halloween fan made movie shorts! Are they any good? Dunno, haven't watched yet but will now.

It says there will be 6 total.

14. MikeInFla

Here's a longer one. The first one was kind of meh.... This one might be too. But I can appreciate the passion.

15. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

I like Halloween II, but they probably want to ignore it to skip over the JLC at the hospital stuff and (especially) MM burning up in the explosion at the end. Just pick it up where is stands at the end of the original, that MM was shot, but is still lurking out there somewhere.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. questrider

17. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

I looked at the date of H20 and had to do a double-take. 1998! Really-thought it was closer to now than that.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

MikeInFla and Robert C like this.
  19. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Myke likes this.
  20. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm willing to give this a try, just because Jamie is in it.

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I said the same thing going into the movie "Virus" and it didn't work out very well. :)

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  22. MikeInFla

Interesting, but I was hoping Carpenter would direct. I hope we get a classic open ended ending and be done with it.

23. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I like how the masks from Part 3 appear in the trailer.

24. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I love part 3. It is also the only Halloween sequel I will watch. The rest were one time's enough.

25. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

I'm really looking forward to this movie, but question their decision to release it on October 19 -- you'd think with Halloween being the holiday of focus that they would have put it out on October 12 instead in order to maximize the two weekends prior to October 29.

You can bet that it will be huge the weekend of 10/29 - 10/31.

I know it has been discussed elsewhere, but can anyone recommend a Blu Ray set that covers most, if not all, of the films?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.