Barnes & Noble 20% Off Labor Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DigMyGroove, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident Thread Starter

B&N is offering 20% off any item this weekend with the code LABORDAY17

The coupon is valid at BN.com from August 31, 2017 at 12:01am to September 5, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from August 31, 2017 to September 4, 2017 at close of business.

Happy Shopping!

azjvm05 likes this.
  2. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Pre-orders too?

3. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident Thread Starter

No Pre-Orders past or present, one item only in store and at BN.com.

I've found you can usually use the coupon both in store and online without problems. Sometimes the in store coupon has been usable multiple times on separate purchases.

4. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

Trouble with B&N is twofold: 1) unless it's a B&N exclusive vinyl, the price in the store is nearly always at least $1.50 more than the online price. And 2) even the online prices are way too high. I checked two titles: Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary double LP and Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real double LP and both were approximately $10 higher than the Amazon price. So, using the 20% off coupon, you're still losing money....

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I grabbed the new Ride vinyl for $20 & change. Didn't even bother to look on Amazon.

6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Is there a physical coupon to use in-store?

7. Dan

Dan Senior Member

8. I've found that Barnes & Noble has been pricing their music section higher this past summer after offering fairly good pricing across the board the past couple of years. They aren't discounting new releases much at all anymore.

9. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

True, the last time I compared prices, it seemed like Amazon had the better prices 9 out of 10 times.

However, in 2017 I think of Barnes & Noble as a living period piece/slice of the old retail chain music/book store of the Brick & Mortar dinosaurs that used to roam every mall and shopping center.
    If I'm with friends or family at the mall, dining nearby, I'll try to mumble an excuse just to drop in the store, and see the exhibits, err, music on display.

"Look, there's actually a table set up for Vinyl !!!"

It's kind of a real life nostalgia trip, feeling incredulous that this is a precariously thriving link to Music Shopping of the Twentieth Century.

kouzie likes this.
  10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Which is why not everything has to be about saving every last penny or dollar by buying on Amazon. Somethings there is satisfaction in finding really cool stuff (albums, CDs, books, etc) while browsing a real store and actually taking your treasure home with you. I experienced this on Friday when I found the new Ride album there on vinyl. Who'd have thought that would be anywhere but an indie store?

Yes, I buy plenty on Amazon but I also try to support the likes of B&N, Rhino, Amoeba, Port of Sound, Rockaway, and so on whenever I have a chance.

longdist01, clhboa, Lethrus and 4 others like this.
  11. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

The one advantage for the B&N coupons is towards the B&N exclusive vinyl: whether it be colored vinyl, or a different cover, or autographed, or with an exclusive poster. The one point I have found regarding B&N's exclusives is that they are the same price online as they are in the store (not so with any other vinyl). So yes, I'm going to take advantage of the 20% off coupon in a local B&N store tomorrow and purchase the $18.99 Marty Stewart LP that is autographed by the entire band.

Gaslight and azjvm05 like this.
  12. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

Anyone familiar with the B&N exclusive 2LP purple vinyl for Jimi Hendrix 'Electric Ladyland'? It seemed to get good reviews on Discogs. Thanks in advance.

Electric Ladyland

13. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I was surprised at the great sound on this one......and the price!
    Recommended.

azjvm05 and Gaslight like this.
  14. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up. Just got the new Elvis cd boxset.

15. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

This isn't always the case but most of the time when I buy from B&N using a coupon, I compare the price with Amazon and the two often turn out to be the same or have a negligible difference. I buy most of my vinyl through B&N and would not do so if there were a $10 difference in Amazon's favor.

16. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

any B & N Discount codes this week?

17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Heard that last Monday (Columbus Day) Barnes & Noble had a 20% off coupon, too late though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.