Star Wars: Episode VIII (The Last Jedi) - SPOILERS POSSIBLE*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MLutthans, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie Potchie

Ronnie Potchie Forum Resident

This is gonna be fun ride and I'm convinced this trailer is full of misdirection.
    Tried my hardest not to watch it, wanted to go in relatively blind after the first teaser,but couldn't contain my impulse; the Porg has me a little worried -- though it's cute,does it belong in this movie ? Oh but the kids love it already !

And the scene with the wolfs look a little less practical in the effects, and more cgi when you pause it,so does the background in that screen grab... just nitpicking.
    Kylo's Tie fighter looks great, a mixture of old and new... Snoke is a much welcome improvement,visually speaking, and Luke is talking to US at the end of his monologue.
    less than two months to go, and I'm officially excited !

2. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

What did you like about Rogue One? There's no wrong answer, I'm just curious what you liked about it.

3. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

I think it's Luke's hand

4. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I think Kylo Ren
    offing Han Solo and possibly Princess Leia, too,
    would be enough to
    turn Luke to the Dark Side.
    I hope I'm wrong, though, because that would mean
    it's all Luke's fault.

sacredoatmeal and Keith V like this.
  5. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Maybe Luke has a bad dream about R2-D2 dying so he kills a bunch of younglings.

Nah, that's been done.

ianuaditis and Lownote30 like this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And here's director Rian Johnson with some behind-the-scene clips (no spoilers here):

Jason Manley likes this.
  7. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

I watched some "spoiler" YT videos to help prep for this thing which I have to say were helpful. I don't know much about the SW universe beyond the movies, and these characters have apparently been a bit more fleshed out in the books. Having additional insight into who Snoke is, etc. give some insight into how this movie might go, and why Luke is presented as someone who may be a villain. I won't go into the details here, but if you're interested I'd say watch them. I don't think they give away too much, and could be totally off base, but a nice way to get hyped to see this.

8. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Rian Johnson describing playing with the Millennium Falcon toy gave me flashbacks because he and I are roughly the same age. This trilogy is basically Star Wars through a Gen X prism. :thumbsup:

A lot of those videos are fun to watch but likely nothing more than idle speculation. There are several YT'ers that specialize in clickbait videos. So, one should probably take a lot of it with a grain of salt.

With THE FORCE AWAKENS there was a specific spoiler, posted on several sites (MakingStarWars) about Han Solo as it pertains to what happens when he and Kylo Ren meet up on that scaffolding that turned out to be 100% correct and it kind of ruined that moment for me; when it began to unfold, I knew the surprise. I wish I hadn't read it. I'm trying hard to go into THE LAST JEDI fairly ignorant. :laugh:

Vidiot and artfromtex like this.
  9. Bobby Buckshot

No doubt. Matter of fact, they're best watched while taking an Epsom salt bath.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Jason Manley likes this.
  10. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

I didn't have the option of even trying to avoid that spoiler - some a-hole posted screenshots of it on a completely unrelated thread on Facebook a week or so before the movie came out.

I feel like I'm going to need to avoid social media altogether in the weeks leading up to the release date of this one.

bluesbro and Jason Manley like this.
  11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

A new commercial with a bit more footage.

artfromtex, Quadboy, soundboy and 4 others like this.
  12. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I'm actually excited about this upcoming SW movie. I haven't even seen the last one!!

13. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Here's a reason not to be. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Disney is making theater owners give them 65% of the box office and hold their largest theater for Last Jedi for at least a month. Oh, and if a theater drops even a screening, that's considered a breach of the deal and the theater has to cough up another 5% of the take.

[It should be noted Disney tried to take this route with Iron Man 3 and the three major multiplex chains (AMC, Regal and Cinemark) canned advance ticket sales until Disney capitulated.]

14. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

The Falcon flying around in a fire fight and shooting directly up through the planet surface reminded me somewhat of the Asteroid scene!........let's hope there aren't many comparisons people will be able to make between this and V.

15. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

I hope that there's not much of Finn in TLJ. I found him to be one of the most irritating and unimaginative characters of the entire franchise so far; an unfunny "comic relief" character, which comes under the Jar Jar umbrella (though Finn isn't as blatant, he's still fairly pointless).

16. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Luke looks like he suffers from Alzheimer's in every scene they have shown so far.

17. nojmplease

nojmplease Host, You Can't Unhear This

I felt that it achieved exactly what it set out to do: tell the story of how the events in A New Hope came to be. It moved along swiftly and wrapped everything up nicely.

Sure, the plot format was a basic hero story with some war-movie tropes thrown in, but the cast is engaging, the visuals are spectacular, it feels more "adult" than the other films, and the final sequence with Vader is easily one of the most powerful sequences in the entire franchise.

artfromtex and Aggie87 like this.
  18. Bobby Buckshot

Wouldn't surprise me if the character is basically re-written as there's a built-in excuse for doing so as decades have passed since ROTJ.

19. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

That has absolutely nothing to do with the post you quoted.

20. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

How does someone "look" like they are suffering from Alzheimer's? A look of fear? Either way, your comment isn't funny to those of us with family who suffer from that disease.

Grunge Master likes this.
  21. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

And a lot has happened. His own nephew turned on him. Who would we want Luke to be? The same naive kid he was in the original trilogy?

Bowie Fett and Encuentro like this.
  22. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I admit, the scene of Luke entering the Falcon got me a bit excited. Probably the most exciting/intriguing scene I've seen in any of the trailers thus far.

23. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

This is going to be the best Star Wars film since the awesome Rogue One.

bluesbro and Solaris like this.
  24. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Umm... won't it be the only Star Wars movie since Rogue One?

25. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I think that was a joke.

Sondek and Solaris like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.