"Curb Your Enthusiasm" officially returning for a ninth season.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I think this season has been pretty pretty lame.

2. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

I don't think I could create a better show than Larry David could, so I've been enjoying it.

Gavinyl, RK2249 and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  3. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

There is a program called Big Brothers/Big Sisters where adults unrelated to children take them on as mentors or good examples, etc. Like for instance if you are a boy with a single mother who works all the time you may apply to get a 'Big Brother' who does stuff with you and provides another adult in your young life by which you may be influenced or aided.

That's what makes it kind of funny that neither Larry or Jeff seem all that interested. In fact Larry says that she's probably at her boyfriends and that proves to be right. Susie meanwhile is her overly dramatic self. And then Elisabeth Banks likens the missing girl with her missing cat. I thought that was funny. Anytime Susie can get frustrated is comedy gold to me.

I think this season so far has been as good as previous ones. Of the 8 seasons prior to this, I'd say that there are several seasons that are weaker to me that this one has been so far. At least in the start.

I have high hopes for the Sammi wedding episode. I can't wait to see it.

4. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just watched the 1st 3 episodes and enjoyed them. It's not primo Curb, but fun to watch none the less. I've always enjoyed trying to catch the improvised vs. the written material, sometimes a certain look or surprised smile shows, usually on whoever David's talking to. That set must be a pissa!;)

5. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I will never forgive Cheryl for bailing on LD. And now she has returned with ...:realmad:

:D

Gavinyl, RK2249 and Rhapsody In Red like this.
  6. It kind of went downhill when his wife left him. I havent been keeping up with the new season but will probably pass on it now.

7. Electric

Give it a chance. I think it's pretty good. IMO, it really gets going again with episode 3.

Rhapsody In Red likes this.
  8. OK you talked me into it :)

Electric likes this.
  9. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Best episode of the season so far. Brian Cranston was great as a psychiatrist almost as neurotic as Larry, it seemed to me, but he's learned to tamp down his neuroses. Patient/Dr. confidentiality? Too funny.

Gavinyl, ampmods, Tord and 3 others like this.
  10. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I've got no complaints...this season has been great so far.

Gavinyl, ted321, RayS and 1 other person like this.
  11. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

The real estate lady bit was a creep out.

12. Electric

That's the idea. :evil:

marcb likes this.
  13. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Even funnier then last week. Still smiling thinking about it.

Gavinyl and Billy Infinity like this.
  14. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Funniest segments I've seen with Richard Lewis in a long time. He's been getting more and more annoying, but it was much better this week.

Gavinyl and Thomas D like this.
  15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

There were funny bits here and there, but it didn't really work for me - it felt like a grab-bag of bits without a cohesive narrative.

16. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Marty watching the crowd run away in the middle of his speech was great. Leon talking about zippers. Ha. Larry obsessing over counting virgins... too funny.

The only thing I'm unclear on was Susie figuring out Jeff's story. I mean sure he was dressing better and spotted in a car with a realtor but how did she know for sure?

Gavinyl likes this.
  17. Past experience?

ampmods likes this.
  18. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Good point. He's done this kind of thing many times Who can forget Bam Bam? Ha.

RK2249 likes this.
  19. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

That actor seemed so familiar to me. Then it hit me, Amanda Walsh was once a vj up here
    in Canada on Much Music.

Gavinyl likes this.
  20. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Did anyone see the previews for next week? The female mail carrier looks very familiar but there's no listing for the actress (or character) yet on IMDB...anyone recognize her?

21. ROFLnaked

ROFLnaked Forum Resident

Disappointed with the new season of Curb thus far. Will I continue to watch...? Yes; yes I will, but it feels like Larry is going through the motions for a money grab here. It's like a voodoo effigy of itself at this point.

22. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Money grab? Really? The man is wealthy beyond comprehension, he's not doing Curb for money. He says he's doing it, and I believe him, simply because it's fun for him.

Gavinyl, ted321 and marcb like this.
  23. ROFLnaked

ROFLnaked Forum Resident

Call it as I see it.

24. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

She played one of the wives on that fantasy football sitcom on FX "The League" (Actually the actor who played her husband on The League also played the cook during the "Disturbance in the Kitchen" episode...)

25. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

The show hasn't quite hit the highs of past seasons, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless with a few outbursts of laughter every episode thus far. Also, I can't quite put my finger on where I've seen the shtick behind the maƮtre-d of last weeks episode, but every scene he was in was "gold, Jerry, gold". I was laughing out loud for his bits.

Gavinyl and Electric like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.