Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Yes, vs HHH. Thank god he didn't break his neak.

Dynamic Ranger likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

it was the same match vs the undertaker. he was thrown off the top and thrown through the top of the cage.

JPagan likes this.
  3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

That's right. Forgot about that. HHH also threw him through the top of the cage a few years a later.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

I watched some of Smackdown this week. Looks like it's a 2 hour show versus Raw being a 3 hour show. The McMahon/Kevin Owens feud was pretty good with some fighting taking place near the concession stands. Does Smackdown have women wrestlers like Raw does? The women wrestlers on Raw are a bit of a drag sometimes.

5. Matthew Tate

yes the smackdown womans champ is Natalya neidhart. they have about 8 woman on smackdown and about 8 on raw.

6. Matthew Tate

Happy 82nd birthday to the living legend Bruno Sammartino

[​IMG]

Dynamic Ranger and Dugan like this.
  7. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

I suppose there are some people who would consider being a dentist "bigger things..."

8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Or being a fake Diesel haha

[​IMG]

Sammy Banderas and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

Hands down, Finn Balor (as The Demon) vs. AJ Styles was match of the night on tonight’s PPV. Kurt Angle’s return to the ring was mixed. He was protected tonight during the TLC match which is understandable. The main event was kind of chaotic.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Matthew Tate

nice to see 2 indie guys carrying a WWE PPV these days

11. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

I grew up with WCCW wrestling right in my backyard. The Von Erichs (Atkinsons) lived just about 10 miles from my house. I watched it from 80-87 or so. I was passionate about it from 82-85. The Von Erich/Fabulous Freebirds feud just awesome.

I went to matches all the time at Will Rogers Coliseum and once or twice a rear would go to their big events at Tarrant County Convention Center or Reunion Arena. Ric Flair would occasionally come to town. I saw him a couple of times.

David Von Erich was a true Texas a$$kicker. I know Kevin and Kerry were the "ripped" ones, but trust me, David was the guy who, in real life, could lay someone out quickly!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Beatledust and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I lived at 1800 E Berry. Spent time in Benbrook. I too was there for a lot of those classic matches. The upper bowl was a cheap night out. Four bucks a ticket. My four year old sons favorite wrestler was Bugsy McGraw. Wife and I were there the night after Bundy got his head shaved in San Antonio. Kerry and Kevin snuck in(as the crowd loudly gives them away) and snatched the mask off his head revealing bald Bundy on Channel 11. I was there when Micheal Hayes debuted single-o. On a rare occasion I sprung for the closest single seat they had. Got on camera a couple of times. I was a kind of hero at work. I worked at the Ft Worth State School And trust me there were a LOT of wrestling fans among the clients there. When we left Ft Worth to return to Detroit the last show we saw was main evented by David Vs Ric Flair at the Will Rogers Theater. They put the ring on the stage. My youngest was named for Kerry. While he was still alive. One of his proud possessions is the 8x10 of Kerry with the NWA belt signed to Kerry, from Kerry. So he knew why he was sending a picture to a kid in Detroit.
    34 years later. Good Memories. TY

13. Matthew Tate

favorite factions/tag teams?

14. artfromtex

I was there that night too!!! Amazing. I was down below, not in those few seats that they had up on the stage. Crazy that we were both there. That match is on YouTube.

Kerry was my favorite too. Cool story about your son, Kerry.

The further down the block you went, the badder it got!
    :cheers:

JamieC and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. artfromtex

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Wrong year
    11/28/83 Fort Worth
    David Von Erich beat Ric Flair, non-title match
    Kerry Von Erich & Chris Adams beat Terry Gordy & Jimmy Garvin DQ
    Buddy Roberts drew Jose Lothario
    Super Destroyer beat Johnny Mantell to win TV title
    Missing Link beat Mike Reed

17. artfromtex

Ok, that date makes more sense. The rest of that other card did not seem familiar to me.

Haha, the "TV Title"!! :laugh:

18. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Was there when Brian Addias won the first time belt. The concept was different as well, with the title defended weekly on television, and made the title worth something by saying if the champ defends ten times he will get ten grand and they reset the championship. I think Brian was the only one to actually "collect".
    Brian Addias. So sad to me. Such a waste of talent. He should have gotten far away from Dallas. And so bitter today.......

19. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Another thing. Monday at Will Rogers had a "dark match" which was for the live audience that paid for the show was a first water main event after the show was finished. That tape would air on channel 11 for two hours on Saturday night. Dallas ran on Friday night at the Sportatorium with a one hour show Sunday morning on channel 39. They also had the best matches off camera.

20. artfromtex

I went to a ton of those Monday night cards. Never went to the Sportatorium, though. They would show the start of those "dark matches" on the Saturday broadcasts and then Mark Lowrance would give the old "we're out of time" line.

Seems like Chris Adams had that TV title a long time.

21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

They dropped the 10 match stip by then. I was there when Chris Adams came in, and Iceman Parsons.

artfromtex likes this.
  22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Went twice. I HAD to. Never ate the french fries though. The place was a tin dump until the lights went down, the crowd was rockin, and the sound system the boys had installed rockin out entrance music it was the coolest wrestling experience I ever had as a fan. And it looked SOOO good on TV. They had a girl giving away half packs of cigarettes. I ended up set for a week on butts. LOL. Memories.......

Never ate the french fries though.......
    Look up Sportatorium deep fryer

artfromtex likes this.
  23. Matthew Tate

some nice stories being shared

24. artfromtex

Oof. Glad I never "ate the fries" either!!!
    [​IMG]

The Story of THE SPORTATORIUM -

Beatledust likes this.
  25. artfromtex